Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Over the last 2 season, Hazard has scored far more goals and they have similar stats in assists, although Di Maria has a few more and definitely has a better eye for a pass. Di Maria tracks back more too, but I'd have Hazard every day of the week as he is the one who I prefer to watch play. He's 3 years younger too, so he hasn't hit his ceiling yet, where-as Di Maria is nearly 27 so I very much think he's in his prime.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    This is what ya get from costa :pac: :pac:

BxgLgFGCUAE8y4m.png:large

BxgLgseCQAEQZC8.png:large

BxgLgnZCAAE8Z8j.png:large

BG4r8t9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I dont agree with that .

Hazard better than di maria
    Oscar better than mata
    And costa prob better than both rvp and rooney.

Forget bout shurrle .

Hazard is better than Di Maria , only a United fan could dispute that IMO.

But Oscar better than Mata? When has he ever shown it? He has a better defensive work rate, but hes been a bit off-form for over a year now.

Regarding Costa and RVP, they are both at the highest level for strikers, both exceptional, tough to pick between them.

There is no doubt that United's attacking four at least matches ours for quality. Whats making us better going forward is that at the moment we have a solid defence thats allowing us more freedom to attack and we have an in-form Fabregas and Matic in the centre of the park. (Although our defence has been leaky a bit so far, I think our players have confidence in it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Ya i know oscar is outa form but he will be back in form soon hopefuly. Ya their attack matches ours, but no way better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Ya i know oscar is outa form but he will be back in form soon hopefuly. Ya their attack matches ours, but no way better

I'd also say ours has more variety about it, while Rooney/Van Persie/Falcao sounds great, the three of them are quite similar players, especially RVP and Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well Costa after 4 games is only 2 away from the total of our top scoring CF of last year, Eto'o who managed to get 9 league goals and none away.

Costa already has 3 away goals.

The upgrade is huge.

I think had we started with last seasons CFs of Torres, Eto'o and Ba, even with Cesc in the team, we wouldnt have scored as much, Costa is the main man for us right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

How's Cesc doing on his assists this season versus Frank's last season?

I'd agree with this.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/diego-costas-thirst-for-goals-masks-chelsea-flaws-30584715.html

We have had flaws in games agaisnt Everton and Swansea but we've managed to up it and push on through and get goals when it mattered.

We've only been behind to Burnley and Swansea this year and went on to win by a handful of goals, last year we'd be lucky to have drawn those kind of games.

Of course the 1st proper test is next weekend, Goodison away is always a great palce to go and win but the Etihad, the Emirates, Anfield, and Old Trafford is usually where leagues are won and lost.

If we can get a draw at City it will do us nicely, IMO. A win would of course be out of this world but im skeptical if we can get one, I'd for one, take a draw right now anyway.

Get the Schalke game out of the way with no injuries and I'll be happy.

duploelabs wrote: »
    How's Cesc doing on his assists this season versus Frank's last season?

Cesc has 6 so far.

Lamps had 3 last year.

Top assists at Chelsea last year was Hazard with 7.

After him, Torres 5, Matic 4.

So Cesc is a huge upgrade on what was available last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

There are very few players in the world I would swap Haz for and di Maria is not one of them. Last year Haz was double teamed at least in most games as we had no strikers of note and defenders could afford to that is not the case now. On Saturday he was the only player to show at all in the first 40 minutes, after that he took the Swans apart the little reverse pass to Cesc for the second goal was masterful. They had no idea what to do with him for the fourth goal. Hazard has to be the next long term contract we sign with an obscene release clause in the region of ST£250m.

There is no doubt Man United will be a force going forward, so will we so will Man City but lets be fair QPR at home should be a gimmie and in fairness to Man United they were yesterday.

• Advertisement

There are very few players in the world I would swap Haz for and di Maria is not one of them. Last year Haz was double teamed at least in most games as we had no strikers of note and defenders could afford to that is not the case now. On Saturday he was the only player to show at all in the first 40 minutes, after that he took the Swans apart the little reverse pass to Cesc for the second goal was masterful. They had no idea what to do with him for the fourth goal. Hazard has to be the next long term contract we sign with an obscene release clause in the region of ST£250m.

There is no doubt Man United will be a force going forward, so will we so will Man City but lets be fair QPR at home should be a gimmie and in fairness to Man United they were yesterday.

Ya, Hazard was impressive all afternoon and the only stand out in the 1st half for us.

I'd also hope the same QPR side rock up to the Bridge down the line, I'd take a 3 point gimme right now off them, last time they came to the Bridge they won I'm sure.

Anyway, our proper title creditinals will be tested agaisnt City on Sunday, its a big game already in the league.

City lose and theyre 8 pts behind us, I know its early days and it shouldnt really matter if theyre 8 pts downa nd it probably wont but on paper it will look nice for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Van Gaal is confident isn't he ?

after one win going on about them being the potential top scorers in the league ???

the_monkey wrote: »

after one win going on about them being the potential top scorers in the league ???

They have the CFs to do it anyway. Look what Sturridge and Suarez done last year, they ran riot and got what, 51 goals between them or something?

If Costa gets half of that I'll be delighted, especially as we play with only one CF.

If a few more can push 10 league goals it will go a long way to helping us push for a title.

Hazard, Schurrle, Remy all to get 10 or very close to it.

That makes up for about 50 goals alone rest of the team usually chip in with the odd goal along the way too.

I'd say we'll get to about 75-80 league goals this year.

To be fair to LvG you do not get to be top of the tree in football management by being a shrinking violet.

Another young lad joins up apparently, with Wallace in Holland doubt he will go there.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/9/15/6149823/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-cristian-manea-romania

Speaking of loans Kalas to Cologne does not seem to be working too well at the moment.

Utd do have the fire power to put pretty much any team to the sword and if you lined up all the attacking force and judged them, Utd would have to posses the best attacking force, player by player in the league.

Di maria, Mata will get goals
    We know abotu Rooney, RVP and Falcao.

If they all have their typical season your talking about 90-100 goals between the 5, only problem is trying to fit them all into a system and then not to let in a bucket load of goals behind you.

Balance is key, can LVG find it, he'll have a better chance than the Chosen One anyway, thats for sure.

I've said it already but tis criminal if this Utd squad doesnt at the very least take 4th place, I still dont fear them but that might change in a few weeks time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I've never seen Abramovich look as happy at a game as he did at the weekend. It's like he's gotten the team he always wanted - creative, fast and often lethal.

As someone who saw his first game at the Bridge in 1974, I'd have to say that this team has the potential to the best ever. Pretty damn good already, but frighteningly good in prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Utd do have the fire power to put pretty much any team to the sword and if you lined up all the attacking force and judged them, Utd would have to posses the best attacking force, player by player in the league.

Di maria, Mata will get goals
    We know abotu Rooney, RVP and Falcao.

If they all have their typical season your talking about 90-100 goals between the 5, only problem is trying to fit them all into a system and then not to let in a bucket load of goals behind you.

Balance is key, can LVG find it, he'll have a better chance than the Chosen One anyway, thats for sure.

I've said it already but tis criminal if this Utd squad doesnt at the very least take 4th place, I still dont fear them but that might change in a few weeks time.
    ?

Chosen one ?

who are you talking about ?

Another young lad joins up apparently, with Wallace in Holland doubt he will go there.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/9/15/6149823/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-cristian-manea-romania

Speaking of loans Kalas to Cologne does not seem to be working too well at the moment.

Any idea whats up with Kalas?
    Duck Soup wrote: »
    I've never seen Abramovich look as happy at a game as he did at the weekend. It's like he's gotten the team he always wanted - creative, fast and often lethal.

As someone who saw his first game at the Bridge in 1974, I'd have to say that this team has the potential to the best ever. Pretty damn good already, but frighteningly good in prospect.

The best team I've seen at the club would ahve to be Joses 1st/2nd title winning side. That side was lethal at winning games when it needed to.

This team reminds of them but with a lot more creative and cutting edge, we lack the defensive side of that team but it can be worked on during the next few weeks with games and training.

It could go down as the greatest Chelsea squad ever, easily. It could be a historic season for some of them.

• Advertisement

?

Chosen one ?

who are you talking about ?

David " The Chsoen One " Moyes.

Utd fans had a banner at OT last year with that on it.

Was brilliant. :pac:

Another stat too for Diego.
    Diego's also just the second player in Premier League history to score in each of his first four games in the league, joining Micky Quinn who did it for Crystal Palace in 1992.
    Quinn would go on to score 10 in his first 6 and finish the season with 17 goals in 26 appearances.

Thats an incredible stat really for Diego.

Considering the amount of talented CFs that has come through the league since.

I'd love if he got another 1 or 3 at the Etihad. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Another stat too for Diego.

Thats an incredible stat really for Diego.

Considering the amount of talented CFs that has come through the league since.

I'd love if he got another 1 or 3 at the Etihad. :D

Incredible stat for Micky Quinn too, seeing as he never played for Palace !! :D

greendom wrote: »
    Incredible stat for Micky Quinn too, seeing as he never played for Palace !! :D

Lying c**ting website :pac: :o

Still, 10 goals in 6 for COVENTRY is bloody impressive. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Lying c**ting website :pac: :o

Still, 10 goals in 6 for COVENTRY is bloody impressive. :D

including a hat-trick against Arsenal at Highbury !

greendom wrote: »
    including a hat-trick against Arsenal at Highbury !

All I remember from Quinn is he had bad hair, a terrible tash and was a large gentleman.

Ther good old fashioned English number 9. :pac:

• Advertisement

Have we won the league yet?

Logs into Paddy Power, sees 3 x 2euro free bets.

Thank you diego. :pac:

Apparently Hazard is close to agreeing a 2 year contract extension. Cahill deal is close too.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Apparently Hazard is close to agreeing a 2 year contract extension. Cahill deal is close too.

Seen that about Hazard.

He deserves it too. Will take him up to 2019.

With JT not having long left I'd like to see Zouma play alongside Cahill soon as its probably ourlong term CB pairing.

If not against Schalke then in the Capital 1 cup against Bolton.

• Advertisement

With JT not having long left I'd like to see Zouma play alongside Cahill soon as its probably ourlong term CB pairing.

If not against Schalke then in the Capital 1 cup against Bolton.

Yep was thinking that myself but I think the CL is a bit too soon for him. Rotation will need to happen there though because I think 2 games a week is too much for Terry.

I hope Luis starts against Schalke too, Ivan deserves a rest and Dave deserves a shot at his actual position.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yep was thinking that myself but I think the CL is a bit too soon for him. Rotation will need to happen there though because I think 2 games a week is too much for Terry.

I hope Luis starts against Schalke too, Ivan deserves a rest and Dave deserves a shot at his actual position.

Its impossible to rest Ivan and JT though without putting Zouma in with Cahill.

TBH a back four of

Azp Cahill Zouma Luis should ahve enough to deal with Schalke.

Theyve played 3 games, drawn 1 lost 2, scored 3 let in 7.

I'm up for fully rotating this squad for the City game or rotate as much as possible as Schalke will be our "toughest" away game but right now they're not up to much.

Cech
    Azp Cahill Zouma Luis
    Mikel Ramires
    Salah Willian Remy
    Drogba

That will allow us to play this team Sunday

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Schurrle Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Great options across our team really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Its impossible to rest Ivan and JT though without putting Zouma in with Cahill.

TBH a back four of

Azp Cahill Zouma Luis should ahve enough to deal with Schalke.

Theyve played 3 games, drawn 1 lost 2, scored 3 let in 7.

I'm up for fully rotating this squad for the City game or rotate as much as possible as Schalke will be our "toughest" away game but right now they're not up to much.

Cech
    Azp Cahill Zouma Luis
    Mikel Ramires
    Salah Willian Remy
    Drogba

That will allow us to play this team Sunday

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Schurrle Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Great options across our team really.

Think we might see a 4-3-3 at the Etihad!

GK Courtois
    RB Ivan
    CB Cahill
    CB JT
    LB Azp
    CM Ramires
    CM Matic
    CM Cesc
    RM Schurrle
    LM Hazard
    CF Costa

Which leaves Oscar, Willian and Salah to play in the Champions League, hopefully with Remy/Drogba in front of them.

Very likely TBH.

We should have enough to avoid a loss in Germany.

If we win our 3 home games and pick up 4 pts away we'll be through and probably top the group so a raw or win Wednesday would be an excellent start.

Currently Schalke or 16th in Germany.

I think TSHO might give Schurrle a start again to get some gametime under his belt. I think himself and Ozil are suffering a bit of worldcupitis so he might get a run with Remy upfront and I am not sure he is in enough form to face City just yet but a run against Schalke and a run against Bolton could be the ticket. I don't know how many changes he will make he most certainly will want to win the first CL game of the season and of course all of his home matches.

It is going to be an interesting couple of days for me against Schalke it would be

Petr
    Dave Cahill Zouma Luis
    Mikel Ram
    Salah Schurrle Oscar
    Remy

Then as soon as possible get Dave and Oscar out of there.

I think we will start Sunday as we started the second half last week

Courtois,
    Ivan, JT, Cahill, Dave
    Matic, Ram
    Haz, Cesc, Oscar
    Costa

With Ram and Cesc swapping about a lot

I'd say willian will probab.ly start ahead of Oscar against City.

It could be our 1st time seeing us use the "park the bus tactic"

Although I wouldnt be surprised to see us go for it, we've been free flowing so far so will Jose alter teh tactics to stiffle the team a little?

Its nearly impossible to 2nd guess him at this stage, we might see Dave at RW. :pac:

Not too sure we will park the bus the only part of City that is vulnerable is the defence for me why play to their strengths.

Last season Aguero was injured at City but we still tore them apart but I think Oscar's workrate will get the nod for him (even though Willian does work very hard too).

Not too sure we will park the bus the only part of City that is vulnerable is the defence for me why play to their strengths.

Last season Aguero was injured at City but we still tore them apart but I think Oscar's workrate will get the nod for him (even though Willian does work very hard too).

That was a mental game at the Etihad.

Toure was nullified which really helped, Silva missed a sitter but we had or own chances that we should ahve done better.

Ramires 1 on 1 and Eto'o missing an opening goal come to mind.

I'd take a nervy 1-0 to us right now, 3 pts at the Etihad and we're laughing.

Kolarov/Clichy is the weak link so we need a good right sided player to put in a shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd expect Schurrle to start Wednesday anyway, Ramires and Willian are probably nailed on to start against City I would think.

Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Hazard, Willian, Costa.

I'd sincerely doubt Mou will give Zouma his debut in the CL. It wouldn't surprise me if Terry started and we played a pretty strong team just to keep momentum going but I could see Ivan and Cahill playing CB with Luis and Azp either side. Mikel and Salah will probably start too.

• Advertisement

Cant really see JT playing Wednesday Ivan & Cahill would be a possibility but JT does not have 2 games a week in him I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

Daily Mail running with it too, Neil Ashton wrote the article. I imagine the story has some weight to it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2756435/Eden-Hazard-close-signing-new-five-year-deal-Chelsea.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Carragher & Neville tearing into Fabregas.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Carragher & Neville tearing into Fabregas.

Best cm so far by a mile.

What are the bi*ching about ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Best cm so far by a mile.

What are the bi*ching about ha

Fabregas doesn't have the discipline to play in a 2 man midfield. Mourinho changed it at half time to rectify the problem.

Fabregas won't play beside Matic against City.

TheTownie wrote: »
    Fabregas doesn't have the discipline to play in a 2 man midfield. Mourinho changed it at half time to rectify the problem.

He will, but it'll be in a 3 man midfield. Matic and Fabregas will work against 80% of teams, Swansea came out of the blocks flying against us, the entire team stood off them and gave them space not just Fabregas. They were shell shocked, but before the half finished we were well on top and had already equalised. Jose changed system because Schurlle was awful.

But against a stronger midfield we'll most likely see a 4-3-3 with Matic, Fabregas, Ramires or a 4-1-4-1 like against Swansea.

TheTownie wrote: »

Cesc will play in a 3 man CM.

TBH we all expected it and we can change it in an instant the only shock is it hasnt happened that often.

Last year Matic was entrusted with defending while Ramires went about the park, against everyone but the very best opposition where we'll go 3 in the middle, Cesc and Matic will be deployed as a pair.

Yep, also playing deeper is going back to his old role for Fabregas. He was a true #8 while he was at Arsenal, he both attacked well and defended tenaciously. Tactically he may take some time to re-adjust because he was played out of position for 3 years at Barca but I fully expect him to re-adjust.

It won't be a proper double pivot though, I don't think that'd work, more like the relationship Toure and Ferndandinho have at City. Fernandinho effectively just follows Toure around the pitch and stays about 10-15 yards behind him at all times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Last year against City, didn't Luiz play alongside Matic ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement