Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Techless wrote: »
    Last year against City, didn't Luiz play alongside Matic ?

Ya the team was

Cech
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Luiz Matic
    Ramires Oscar Hazard
    Eto'o

Dye want a good omen, only twice in the last 10 years has the team that has been top after 4 games won the league, those teams were.......us, twice. ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/premierleague/article-2756167/Diego-Costa-Co-mustn-t-carried-away-Chelsea-s-perfect-start.html

Top after four games...
    2013-14: Arsenal - City win title
    2012-13: Chelsea - United win title
    2011-12: United - City win title
    2010-11: Chelsea - United win title
    2009-10: Chelsea - Chelsea win title
    2008-09: Liverpool - United win title
    2007-08: Arsenal - United win title
    2006-07: Portsmouth - United win title
    2005-06: Chelsea - Chelsea win title
    2004-05: Arsenal - Chelsea win title

Costas also avoided any FA action over pushing a Swansea player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Costas also avoided any FA action over pushing a Swansea player

Glad, the Swansea player did his best to make it look like Costa struck him in the face but the ref was looking straight at the incident and didn't even stop play:)

According to reports Drogba wont play on Wednesday due to an injury.

Hopefully Remy up top so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

According to reports Drogba wont play on Wednesday due to an injury.

Hopefully Remy up top so.

I would rather remy play anyway tbh. Havent got a good look at em yet

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I would rather remy play anyway tbh. Havent got a good look at em yet

It'll be him. No point risking Costa in a game that we should get a result.

I was thinking we were playing this game away in Germany. Now I know its at the Bridge we have to win it. Even if we make 7/8 changes.

Buddy put up a picture in our viber group of the Schalke team at their hotel this morning.

Have to ask him where they're staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm sure the lurkers from other teams on here will guffaw at this, however I think we could go unbeaten this season in the premiership ala Arsenal 2003

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm sure the lurkers from other teams on here will guffaw at this, however I think we could go unbeaten this season in the premiership ala Arsenal 2003

:eek:

Its possible but after only 4 games I wont be making such claims until we face a real contender.

It was great to beat Everton but theyre not a genuine contender for the league.

The City game will tell a lot, even last year as I said earlier, we either beat or drew with all our top 4 rivals. Utd and Spurs.

What killed us was losing or drawing with the likes of WBA, Sunderland, West Ham, Villa.

Those were games we'd expect to do better but we couldnt break teams down or defend when it was needed.

TBH I think Jose would take the league no matter how it came about, 5 defeats or 0, it wouldnt matter to him or the players at this stage and I'd be the same.

To go unbeaten in the modern era is nearly unheard of.

Schalke are staying at the Intercontinetal Park Lane.

Theyed love an early morning, 4am wake up call right? :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

:eek:

To go unbeaten in the modern era is nearly unheard of.
    But it's been done, and our failings in our squad last year have no been addressed

duploelabs wrote: »
    But it's been done, and our failings in our squad last year have no been addressed

Oh of course but we need mini goals, avoid defeat against City, go 5 unbeaten.

Next up go 10 unbeaten which includes games against Arsenal, Utd and Liverpool.

That run is incredible but it will get out of the way early on, away trips to Utd and Anfield.

Get through them unbeaten and then maybe we can talk about a season of no defeats but right now its a pipe dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Way too soon to be talking about unbeaten seasons. We've leaked goals so far and haven't faced any top opposition. Game by game.

Well with Dean being confirmed the ref I expect nothing short of a loss, probably Costa to be sent off too for good measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Well with Dean being confirmed the ref I expect nothing short of a loss, probably Costa to be sent off too for good measure.

he's from liverpool, who does he hate more ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

That does put a different slant on things Dean is progressively anti Chelsea

peteeeed wrote: »
    he's from liverpool, who does he hate more ?

What I will say is it lookied like it was his assistant who gave the penalty last year even though it was never a penalty, not that a draw would ahve mattered in the grand scheme of the title race but the loss at home was the final nail in the coffin for player and fan confidence.

To answer your original question, I'd say he hates us.

• Advertisement

It must be great to be a Man Utd fan, knowing your Tue/Wed nights are free for the next 12months.

Wish I had that freedom. :o

champions league press conf about to begin

http://www.chelseafc.com/videos/epg.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Chelsea will not do what Arsenal did. That was just an unbelievable feat and I don't think we'll see it happen again. There are only 4 games gone in the season and it's a bit early to be counting chickens yet. I don't think it will be as easy as all that. It will be a long season too, with long runs possible in both the FA Cup and the Champions League, making it even more difficult to keep the unreal form up in the league at the same time.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Chelsea will not do what Arsenal did. That was just an unbelievable feat and I don't think we'll see it happen again. There are only 4 games gone in the season and it's a bit early to be counting chickens yet. I don't think it will be as easy as all that. It will be a long season too, with long runs possible in both the FA Cup and the Champions League, making it even more difficult to keep the unreal form up in the league at the same time.

I'd agree with ya, that Arsenal run was pretty much out of this worldand even the manner of their defeat was hard to take, for an Arsenal fan I'd imagine.

Anyway I'd love if we got a decent run in the Capital 1 cup too so the young guys can get some valuable game time.

We could change the team big time too, Boga, Ake, Christensen, Zouma, Brown could all see game time.

peteeeed wrote: »

He took a pay cut to come back so sign him up for an extension. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Most exciting prospect around,

Ya, even during pre season Boga looked the real deal but unless he applies himself and gets the head down its easy to fall the way of Kakuta.

Which would be a huge shame.

• Advertisement

Cant wait for tomorrow night now lads :D

Change the team and a win will be good for Sunday.

Considering City have to come back from Munich and play a superior team to Schalke and travel it might make a slight difference.

Time will tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

liverpool got out of jail!

of what i seen they were second best!

phobia2011 wrote: »
    liverpool got out of jail!

of what i seen they were second best!

Ah the group is relatively easy they should finish at least 2nd.

Same with Arsenal and City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ah the group is relatively easy they should finish at least 2nd.

Same with Arsenal and City

Ya esp since Gala couldn't beat Anderlecht at home means losing to Dortmund away is limited damage in the whole scheme of things most likely

Ya esp since Gala couldn't beat Anderlecht at home means losing to Dortmund away is limited damage in the whole scheme of things most likely

Makes the group interesting anyway to say the least.

We've a pretty simple group, as long as we start with a win I'll be happy.

Makes the group interesting anyway to say the least.

We've a pretty simple group, as long as we start with a win I'll be happy.

Same here looking forward to it 3 points is key. Grabbed tickets for the Maribor game there yesterday hopefully can be in Pole position by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Will Costa start with City at the weekend do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Same here looking forward to it 3 points is key. Grabbed tickets for the Maribor game there yesterday hopefully can be in Pole position by then

Got some tickets for that as well and a room in the copthorne, should see some goals.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Expect so, might see him on bench just in case 2moro be surprised if he started 2moro myself but for a player who's carrying a slight niggle hes playing very regularly!
    kev1.3s wrote: »
    Got some tickets for that as well and a room in the copthorne, should see some goals.

Nice one, a few goals is the plan anyway!

Shane St. wrote: »

I dont expect Costa to play at all tomorrow unless we really need a goal.

No point risking Costa tomorrow, as much as I'd love to see him play and score another hat rick Remy should be starting. He'll be full of confidence after his goal at the weekend and Costa will be well rested for City.

• Advertisement

Makes for good reading : http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/16/schalke-chelsea-champions-league

But, how many times have teams performed very well on the big nights in Europe despite poor league form?

I'd be wary but confident we can get the win in London.

If we can do it at a canter it'll make the run into Sunday even easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I think even if Schalke pull their A-Game out of their collective arse tonight, I doubt it will be enough to stem the tide of blue. ;)

Never mind..... :o

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

They're missing Howedes as well, that's massive blow. He's their captain, defence and arguably their best player.

We're going for the win in a big way tonight. To be honest, I reckon Costa will start. I don't think he should, I agree he should be rested for Sunday. I just think the man won't be happy being left out and Jose will be forced to start him. He won't play more than an hour though. I hope I'm wrong about that.

I'd love to see Remy get a full game. He has come onto the pitch as a sub in his last 2 games (one for France) and scored. He looks to be the makings of a great striker. Sure he scored 14 league goals for Newcastle last season! With the level of service he can get at Chelsea, you'd expect him to double that if he can get the game time.

I'd be happy to start Remy as Drogba cant be fit and I dont want to risk Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

For anyone without Sky Sports the match is being shown on Sky 1 tonight.

Chelsea U19's are 3-1 up against Schalke at the moment, goals from Izzy Brown x2 and Solanke.

Killinator wrote: »
    For anyone without Sky Sports the match is being shown on Sky 1 tonight.

I'll be streaming it tonight :o

Lovely goal here by Solanke, the speed of the break was a joy to watch.

hwLBI8w.gif

Johner wrote: »
    Chelsea U19's are 3-1 up against Schalke at the moment, goals from Izzy Brown x2 and Solanke.

Izzy will surely see game time at some stage this season, be it a capital 1 cup game or something.

Great talent too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement