Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd take a point now, its way to early to say without looking like a lunatic, that this is a title match.

Yes if we win we'd be 8 pts clear of our biggest rivals but gibven we've got Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd all up in the next 5 games after that its entirely possible that we could beat City and still be behind them in 5 games time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thought Filipe Luis was a big plus point from last night, defended well and whipped in some quality balls.

On the City game I'm feeling confident! I look forward to our away games more these days.

Johner wrote: »
    Thought Filipe Luis was a big plus point from last night, defended well and whipped in some quality balls.

On the City game I'm feeling confident! I look forward to our away games more these days.

Luis wont play on Sunday though but ya his performance was pretty decent last night. Long term himself and the RB bombing on will give us huge threat on both flanks.

We'll have a chance on Sunday anyway thats for sure but I think Jose may employ his first parking of the bus tactics of the season but with a huge threat on the counter with Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

not sure whether its been posted already but we need to get away from adidas now, courtois's grey mess ,he cant have felt good going on to the pitch wearing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Our next 6 games will define our season,
    If we can do the business we will piss the league.

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Our next 6 games will define our season,
    If we can do the business we will piss the league.

If we beat city arsenal utd and pool in the next few games we're sorted although id rather be a few pts clear in april/may not september :pac:

At some stage the bubble will burst could be sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I wonder would Luis give Brana a few pointers on how to cross a ball?

Ricardo Rodriquez scored a great free kick for Wolfsburg against Everton tonight as a LB he could have been a very good option too.

I hope Drogba can help Hazard along the way, a great role model to have at the club too, even if his performances of old are a distant memory Drogba is around for more than banging in goals.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11107132/Chelsea-legend-Didier-Drogba-happy-to-help-Eden-Hazard-follow-him-on-the-road-to-greatness.html

Joses presser, said Costa isnt 100% but he'll start and wont feature against Bolton

• Advertisement

Good piece on Aguero and Costa, comparing both and hwo theyve come to this point in their careers.

http://www1.skysports.com/sportzine/31370/9476503/sergio-aguero-and-diego-costa-were-atletico-madrid-team-mates-but-their-routes-to-the-top-have-been-so-different

No doubt Costa has had the "harder" slog of it but hes been some what of a late bloomer in terms of what hes offered the teams.

1 good year in support of Falcao, followed by an outstanding year as the main man for Atleti and hes here in London.

Jose :
    “He went to Atletico and Sergio Aguero was the superstar, so Diego went on loan,” said Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. “Then, they brought in Radamel Falcao – and Diego went out on loan. He was behind very important players. When the chance came to go back, he showed he was better than the previous ones.”

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Joses presser, said Costa isnt 100% but he'll start and wont feature against Bolton

Jose: 'It's one more game and three more points but when matches are between title contenders, every point makes a difference.'

'We know what it's like to win there and lose there. I watched last season's games to identify the differences.'

'Everybody is ready to play, Diego is not in the best condition but he will start. If he plays he won't play against Bolton.'

'I don't want to compare squads but ours is better than it was last season, we have more solutions. We have a good balance.'

'It's always a good time to play against big teams because it makes my job easy.'

'We respect City totally because they deserve it, but we believe in ourselves.'

'The perfect situation is to score a lot of goals and not concede, and we have to chase that perfection.'

Confident talk from Jose.

I wish I was as confident as him going up to the Etihad. Sure we can win and yes our squad is improved from last year but we're leaking silly goals and leaving teams with simple chances, the likes of Aguero and Dzeko wont miss the chances that Nugent missed for Leicester at 1-0 as an example.

Jose said we've to tighten up and hes right, the defence have to be very solid against City who offered up chances to Arsenal, had Arsenal held on and defended a bit better this game woudl be vital for City, alas they got a point at the Emirates and nearly won it in the last few mins due to Arsenal falling to pieces.

Make no mistake this is a big game even if its 5 games in, will it define where the title goes, most likely not, not with 33 games and 99 pts left to play for but it will give one team huge confidence if they can win.

Given our run of games I'd snap your arm off for a draw right now.

Confident talk from Jose.

I wish I was as confident as him going up to the Etihad. Sure we can win and yes our squad is improved from last year but we're leaking silly goals and leaving teams with simple chances, the likes of Aguero and Dzeko wont miss the chances that Nugent missed for Leicester at 1-0 as an example.

Jose said we've to tighten up and hes right, the defence have to be very solid against City who offered up chances to Arsenal, had Arsenal held on and defended a bit better this game woudl be vital for City, alas they got a point at the Emirates and nearly won it in the last few mins due to Arsenal falling to pieces.

Make no mistake this is a big game even if its 5 games in, will it define where the title goes, most likely not, not with 33 games and 99 pts left to play for but it will give one team huge confidence if they can win.

Given our run of games I'd snap your arm off for a draw right now.

yeah i agree, its strange but both ourselves and city seem to be very open this year, quite a few end to end games . i expect both to tighten up on sunday and kompany and terry have both been exposed a couple of times already this season. i'll take a 2-1 win :)

peteeeed wrote: »
    yeah i agree, its strange but both ourselves and city seem to be very open this year, quite a few end to end games . i expect both to tighten up on sunday and kompany and terry have both been exposed a couple of times already this season. i'll take a 2-1 win :)

I was just about to say it, we might see a park the bus tactic on Sunday but this year, it looks like we've lost the ability to do so.

Is it the back line failing to adjust to the less protection offered by Cesc/Matic or is it Jose instructing the lads to be more open, Ivan is certainly a lot further forward than I've ever seen him, so far this year.

I'd prefer if Dzeko starts on Sunday ebven if he is a very good player hes not at Agueros level, not many are to be fair so any slight advantage we can get I'd be happy with it.

Last year a midifeld 3 of Ramires, Luiz, Matic dominated the game.

This year we're lacking Luiz that physical presence is gone so it'll have to be football we play on Sunday and Cesc is going to be on his game against possibily Toure and Fernandinho in the centre of the park for City.

City havent had a win in the last 3 games, 2 losses and a draw so theyll be bulling to claw back 3pts off us Sunday.

Throw one "excellent" Mike Dean into the mix and should amke for an interesting Sunday evening k/o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

The great thing about playing City is you will always get chances, the bad thing is so will they. I do think out starting 11 is better than theirs but by and large I think their squad is stronger and deeper. But as we have no real injury worries the best 11 should be out there so I think we will come away with a narrow win, thing is judging by this season so far that could be 9-8.

The great thing about playing City is you will always get chances, the bad thing is so will they. I do think out starting 11 is better than theirs but by and large I think their squad is stronger and deeper. But as we have no real injury worries the best 11 should be out there so I think we will come away with a narrow win, thing is judging by this season so far that could be 9-8.

City have started with Nasri and Navas against Bayern, and before that Navas and Milner in the wide areas agaisnt Arsenal.

Thats two weak areas. I'd prefer if it was Navas/Nasri as Milner will do the Ramires type work and get back without offering much of a threat going forward (watch him get the winner) Navas is a huge threat but wont get back to any great effect and Nasri is a weird one, he can do pretty much everything when hes on his game or he can ghost out of games, like Hazard.

So the game is finely balanced. I think their CM is a lot stronger, physically speaking, but if tis down to pure football we just edge it. Toure is better than Matic but Cesc is better than them both while Fernandinho is good option in there as well.

I can take a City defeat as long as Lamps doesnt play a part in or score a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I don't mind if Lamps plays. He was an absolute legend for us but last season he didn't finish many games for us and influenced far less I really think his legs have gone.

I don't mind if Lamps plays. He was an absolute legend for us but last season he didn't finish many games for us and influenced far less I really think his legs have gone.

I'd love if Lamps played, we'd have a chance to steam roller them through the middle if he did.

Unless Fernandinho or toure pick up an injury/illness, Lamps wont play at all.

Banker to lose on Sunday look at this.
    Chelsea are vying to start a Premier League season with five straight wins for the fourth time. They did so most recently in 2010 before losing away to Manchester City in the sixth game.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Wonder if Jose would bring Mikel in to partner Matic

Techless wrote: »
    Wonder if Jose would bring Mikel in to partner Matic

Possible, with ramires right and cesc at number 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

The payoff for being so lame on Wednesday is that the squad should be fresher for City. I'd expect Chelsea to come hard out of the blocks looking to ideally establish a solid (2 goal) lead, and then make City chase the game. Why? Because Costa might not be effective for the whole match.

I'm confident about this game. At least a point. We shouldn't make the mistake of showing them too much respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If we win tomorrow we'll be 5 points clear at the top :eek:

If we win tomorrow we'll be 5 points clear at the top :eek:

Even if we lose we'll be at least at 2 pts clear.

An indepth look at our tactics this year.

Bx-_CIwIUAAKPtC.jpg

Costas goals

Bxt7wegIAAAwnaQ.png

• Advertisement

Costas goals

Bxt7wegIAAAwnaQ.png

Well that's incorrect, for starters none of those are in the back of the net!:pac:

At the end of the year about another 15 will all be in the same area I'd reckon :pac:

He's exactly the type of player we've been crying out for since Drogba left (adn then returned)

there is differences but as long as he scores goals I couldnt care.

Hes more of a poacher than Drogba and his movement is much better too but hes not as good in the air and his hold up isnt up to Drogbas, even if it is pretty good and intelligent.

Anyway, its all about goals and thats what you pay for and if he fires us to a title I'll be delighted, jose was right when he said in january that we had to wait for the right CF to become available, I'm delighted we did wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'll be seriously unimpressed if costa doesn't score tomorrow.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'll be seriously unimpressed if costa doesn't score tomorrow.

I'd sell him in January.

#Flop

• Advertisement

We should set up the has costa scored yet today, web site.

The counter will only be running for days, maybe a week at the longest :pac:

Chelsea line-up v Man C: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Chelsea subs v Man City: Cech, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Oscar, Schurrle, Remy, Drogba.

Get the fück in!

• Advertisement

Well a bit disappointed with that to say the least.
    Even tho I'd have taken a draw early on we failed to take advantage of the zab sending off, Willian and ramires were awful and cesc wasn't much better.

And to top it all off lampard rescues the point for them. As I said I'd have taken the point at 4 o'clock but the three points were there for the taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well that's the first time I've felt pretty crap after a good result... Top of the league and clear of the title rivals by 5 after 5 games isn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fat frank. :(

And fecken costa hit the post :(

A draw isnt the worst result. Toughest away game over and we're unbeaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I would've taken a point before the game but I think in the circumstances we should have gotten the win. Schurrle was frustrating, he did great for the goal but you can't switch off like that at 1-0 against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Was nobody else concerned with how easily we were kept out of the game. I mean I fully expected us to just soak up the pressure for the first 20 mins but thought we would come in to the game after that. We were even totally **** on the break. Willian I thought was dreadful and was surprised to see him come back on after the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

weiland79 wrote: »
    Was nobody else concerned with how easily we were kept out of the game. I mean I fully expected us to just soak up the pressure for the first 20 mins but thought we would come in to the game after that. We were even totally **** on the break. Willian I thought was dreadful and was surprised to see him come back on after the break

We were awful throughout, we never really got going. I think we weren't giving it 100%, happy to take a point for most of the game. I think Jose was happy to settle for a point at this stage.

The only encouraging thing today is that I thought the back four look tight again.

Willian was poison, I think he is awful as a #10

Willian was terrible but weve just played City and remain on top by 3 and ahead of our closest rival, Arsenal by 4.

Utd and Liverpool lost, thats a decent weekend for me anyway.

Lets start again against Villa as theyll be well up for the game saturday

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement