Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Willian was terrible but weve just played City and remain on top by 3 and ahead of our closest rival, Arsenal by 4.

Utd and Liverpool lost, thats a decent weekend for me anyway.

Lets start again against Villa as theyll be well up for the game saturday
    I don't agree. Willian took a lot of ball outside the area, and was fouled as often as not. Some of his passes went astray, but he was not alone in that regard in our own third. I thought he put in a good intelligent enough shift. Chelsea were able to move up a gear when he was subbed, although the red card helped open play too.

Reasonably happy al round. Costa was good in the build up to the goal, and he hit the post. That would have been icing on the cake. But we're already building up decent leads over the fancied challengers. So, yes, a decent w/e alright, after a good one last week. Looking good.

At the end of the year about another 15 will all be in the same area I'd reckon :pac:
    A total poacher. His shot today off the post was in the area too.

Can't imagine him getting less than 20 league goals this season. More likely 25-30, unless he gets injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

McDave wrote: »
    A total poacher. His shot today off the post was in the area too.

Can't imagine him getting less than 20 league goals this season. More likely 25-30, unless he gets injured.

If he doesnt score again for the rest of the season and we win the league I couldnt care less. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Willian was terrible but weve just played City and remain on top by 3 and ahead of our closest rival, Arsenal by 4.

Utd and Liverpool lost, thats a decent weekend for me anyway.

Lets start again against Villa as theyll be well up for the game saturday[/quote
    quote]
    You're right of course, but I can't shake the feeling that a top team shouldn't be bullied out of the game like we were today.

Best Villa and we're still 3 points clear.

Arsenal v Spurs
    Liverpool v Everton
    Hull v City
    Utd v West Ham

Points to be made up if results go our way.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Was nobody else concerned with how easily we were kept out of the game. I mean I fully expected us to just soak up the pressure for the first 20 mins but thought we would come in to the game after that. We were even totally **** on the break. Willian I thought was dreadful and was surprised to see him come back on after the break
    I thought we were really solid. City pressed right up against us, and fouled a lot in our third. I would have loved a breakaway goal early on just to upset their gameplan, but it didn't happen that way.

Ramires annoys the feck out of me. Cesc seemed quite subdued and faded. Were City too physical, or is he just tiring after a lightening start to the season? When I look at the likes of Matic, Ivanovic and Terry, they're real hard pros for hard road. They'll be a large part of winning the premiership. Particularly when winter gets going (I wonder how the likes of Di Maria will get on over the winter spell).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Almost every move broke up when the ball found it's way to Willian, at least ramires was effective at breaking up things. Remy would have been a better option than drogba although when he stepped up to take that free kick I taught it could have been fate after the lampard goal and all.

Ramires and Willian were very frustrating but put in good shifts.

We punished City with one piece of magic from the team and nearly stole the points.

Villa will be a tough, tough game anyway so any win will do for me.

Was hoping to keep a clean sheet today as weve only got the 1 so far bit it had to be franks day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

A draw isnt the worst result. Toughest away game over and we're unbeaten.

not when you make €50 ;)

• Advertisement

I was hoping to see remy for hazard for a bit of pace but drogba got the nod.

Anyway pretty pleased when ya look at how the weekend has panned out for us as a whole. Arsenal on our tails but we play them first in our difficult sequence so a win their sets us up very nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

All the credit today goes to our away fans , superb tribute to frank , he looked quite emotional about it all, proud to be a chelsea fan today .......... Willian was ****e and why did we bring on drogba?

Ramires and Willian were very frustrating but put in good shifts.

We punished City with one piece of magic from the team and nearly stole the points.

Villa will be a tough, tough game anyway so any win will do for me.

Was hoping to keep a clean sheet today as weve only got the 1 so far bit it had to be franks day
    Funnily enough, I don't begrudge Frank the goal. Better one of our own than, say, Silva! :pac:

Courtois might be a bit peed off about not racking up many clean sheets so far. Petr is lurking in the background. I like the way he came on at the end to congratulate Lamps. Good interaction with the Chelsea fans at the end too. A legend. He'll be back!

peteeeed wrote: »
    All the credit today goes to our away fans , superb tribute to frank , he looked quite emotional about it all, proud to be a chelsea fan today .......... Willian was ****e and why did we bring on drogba?

Even after the goal, hes a chelsea legend that wont be forgotten about.
    Its cost us 3 points but the title isnt won or lost today for either side.

Its likely we'll be top 2 this year with City, what order is hard to tell but people writing City off if they lost are mad, same as saying the league is ours if we win. Theres still 33 games left after today not 3. Ill get excited if we're 3 points clear in april/may but right now all the teams are trying find rhythm.

Yeah. Why not give Remy a look in. Quicker pace against a tiring 10 man team?

Just looking at the table:

4 points on Arsenal
    5 on City
    7 on Pool
    Utd fast disappearing in the rearview mirror.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the table:

4 points on Arsenal
    5 on City
    7 on Pool
    Utd fast disappearing in the rearview mirror.

Could easily turn around after our games against those teams, hopefully not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Yeah. Why not give Remy a look in. Quicker pace against a tiring 10 man team?

Exactly drogba was poor the other night, REMY has looked bang on it

Exactly drogba was poor the other night, REMY has looked bang on it

Remy should be our 1st sub. Especially against
    weaker opposition at home.

He should start against Bolton and hopefully play against Villa too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Remy should be our 1st sub. Especially against
    weaker opposition at home.

He should start against Bolton and hopefully play against Villa too

Agreed, can't understand why Drogba is second choice. He should be third and should never have started against shalke during the week. No offence to him, and of course he deserves massive respect but he's not sharp and needs game time. Even at that, he has lost his speed. As good as he was, unfortunately he is not up to scratch and Jose needs to be more ruthless. He was with Frank lamps....
    Remy is the way forward, especially to rest costa. Double edged sword too getting remy more Chelsea game time

Could easily turn around after our games against those teams, hopefully not
    It could. But I think Jose is engineering a squad that will go to war all season. Once we've got our noses ahead we're going to be hard to reel in. That we've already stolen a march is really reassuring. If we can build on this over the next three or four games, we'll have laid a strong foundation for the rest of the campaign.

Even if we didn't dominate today, we always looked at the races. We were never overawed, and the more games we go through like this the quicker we'll build the confidence and experience of Jose's Mk 2 squad. If we can win the premiership, the newer players will feel like winners.

It's a great position to be in, especially after the feeling in recent years like the wheels could come off at any time. I mean look at what's happening to Man U at the moment. It's worse than any of our seasons since Ancelotti.

• Advertisement

I thikk Jose threw Drogba on to defend set pieces but he offered nothing for the last 10mins.

He may get the odd goal here and there but it has to be Remy to replace Costa, hes a threat unlike Drogba right now.

I thikk Jose threw Drogba on to defend set pieces but he offered nothing for the last 10mins.

He may get the odd goal here and there but it has to be Remy to replace Costa, hes a threat unlike Drogba right now.

Drogba was ready to come on at 0-1 and at that point he could hold up the ball and try to make a general nuisance of himself but as soon as the goal went in that plan should have went out the window, unless Jose was happy with a point.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Drogba was ready to come on at 0-1 and at that point he could hold up the ball and try to make a general nuisance of himself but as soon as the goal went in that plan should have went out the window, unless Jose was happy with a point.

happy for the point id say but we gave them the chances to get back into it and Frank nearly won it for them.

anyway at 4pm i was happy with a point, at 5.55pm i was still happy.

happy for the point id say but we gave them the chances to get back into it and Frank nearly won it for them.

anyway at 4pm i was happy with a point, at 5.55pm i was still happy.

Yeah on reflection I'm happy but we did have the opertunity to take all three.
    And to think I was happy to see lamps come on because he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire last season for us.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Yeah on reflection I'm happy but we did have the opertunity to take all three.
    And to think I was happy to see lamps come on because he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire last season for us.

Theyre the chances he laps up, and he did.

Had City started with him theyed never have been able to press high.

I was impressed as well with Pellegrini for having the balls to bring on Navas and Lamps to chase the game, thats when we should have brought on Remy to strecth their legs but it wasnt to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anyone listen to Pellegrini's post match interview?

The level of butthurt was out of this world.

Said we played like Stoke, like a small team, and City as a big team couldn't fathom playing like this.

Truly painful stuff, wish we beat them. He doesn't have as much critics as Mourinho but he's one of the smuggest around.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Anyone listen to Pellegrini's post match interview?

The level of butthurt was out of this world.

Said we played like Stoke, like a small team, and City as a big team couldn't fathom playing like this.

Truly painful stuff, wish we beat them. He doesn't have as much critics as Mourinho but he's one of the smuggest around.

It was on in the pub but didnt hear it.

Thats great to hear :pac:

Last year our record against the top 4 was

Played 6
    Won 5
    Drew 1
    Lost 0

That would be nearly impossible to do this year but if we can draw with them away and beat them at the Bridge I'll take that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Advertisement

I actually cant remember :confused:

Was it something that begins with C and ends in a T or another word, totally gone blank here. :confused:

I remember they had a bit of a slagging match on the sidelines alright though but if Pardew was calling someone else out he has to look in the mirror first.

Also if, as Pellegrini says, "every team will play the way Chelsea did" its up to City to adapt to it.

Last year they steam rolled a lot of teams at home and away but they havent started to play well just yet, similar to last year in fact.

Itd up to us to try and get some points on the board as they'll start destroying teams eventually.

Also, lets all break out the SMALL violin for Pellegrini to have a little whinge.

I hope we park the bus against every team from now on and win every game 1-0 that would make this season excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I actually cant remember :confused:

Was it something that begins with C and ends in a T or another word, totally gone blank here. :confused:

I remember they had a bit of a slagging match on the sidelines alright though but if Pardew was calling someone else out he has to look in the mirror first.

I believe it was a facking old c--t!

Poor game yesterday particularly in the first half like most here have said woulda taken a point before game, after it would have only been well n truly sickened had Lampards goal been a winner.

Was at that fixture last year and again the fans in the away end were top drawer outsung the home fans for a good chunk of the game and were through the roof when Andre scored.

Fabregas like the Schalke game apart from the goal obviously wasn't like the player in the games previously wouldn't mind seeing him rested V Bolton either we should have enough to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well I hope every team does not play like Pellegrino's (:)) basically kick any talented player on the oppositions side and try and force them into submission. Silva should have seen red before half time and Kolorov was a disgrace all match.

City thought they could go out there and out muscle us and kick us around the place, well they were wrong.

I believe it was a facking old c--t!
    That was it, ah Pardew, he has such a way with words, a genuis. :o
    Poor game yesterday particularly in the first half like most here have said woulda taken a point before game, after it would have only been well n truly sickened had Lampards goal been a winner.
    Ya, a point at the start was good and small consolation is it was only an equalisier from Frank.
    Was at that fixture last year and again the fans in the away end were top drawer outsung the home fans for a good chunk of the game and were through the roof when Andre scored.
    Wouldnt be hard to out sing City, again, parts of the Etihad had empty seats, considering the game, thats shocking, how they're going to fill the expanded stadium is beyond, unless they start handing out tickets for 10quid a go, if I lived in Manchester, even if I wasnt a City fan I'd still go down, theres empty seats all the time, surely you'd pick up a ticket.
    Fabregas like the Schalke game apart from the goal obviously wasn't like the player in the games previously wouldn't mind seeing him rested V Bolton either we should have enough to beat them.

I'm going to guess we'll make at least 6 changes against Bolton.

Team I'd like to see is,

Cech
    Dave Zouma Cahill Luis
    Mikel Ramires
    Salah Oscar Schurrle
    Remy

Have Brown, Boga, Christensen all ready to play as well.

Well I hope every team does not play like Pellegrino's (:)) basically kick any talented player on the oppositions side and try and force them into submission. Silva should have seen red before half time and Kolorov was a disgrace all match.

City thought they could go out there and out muscle us and kick us around the place, well they were wrong.

Its the first time I've seen City really play a high pressing, aggresive, physical game.

The team setup in a 4-4-1-1 but the average positions of the teams showed Citys back 4 had both FBs well in advance and on the wings, in contrast our back 4 and matic sat as a back 4 with a holding CDM it was text book defending and up until the goal we were pretty comfortable, they were turning the screw but we were holding on.

I've no problem with the kicking off players as long as nothing like a leg breaker is thrown around and Zabaleta, whos one of the best FBs in the league, did deserve to go and Costa deserved his yellow. Costas passion is great to see but had he stayed down Zab was going to walk anyway and he'd ahve avoided another silly yellow.

Dean was to card happy also but it wasnt his worst performance, not by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

That's "Mister Pelligrino" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Ramires may be frustrating but only for him it could have been a 2 - 1 defeat.....his last ditch clearance to get to the ball before Dzeko was a definite goal saver

Techless wrote: »
    Ramires may be frustrating but only for him it could have been a 2 - 1 defeat.....his last ditch clearance to get to the ball before Dzeko was a definite goal saver

Jose did say that Ramires doesn’t score the goals Schurrle does but Schurrle doesnt do the work Ramires does.

Its a double edged sword in that regard.

I actually thought Courtois was going to keep Franks effort out but he was just out of reach of it.

I blame Schurrle and Ivan for the goal, in the build up Schurrle loses Milner and before the ball is played, Ivan is next to Frank, looks at him, Franks goes but Ivan drops in instead of following Frank, alas the ball from Sila is perfect, Milner gets a good pull back and Lamps has a finish hes made his bread and butter for the last 15 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wouldnt be hard to out sing City, again, parts of the Etihad had empty seats, considering the game, thats shocking, how they're going to fill the expanded stadium is beyond, unless they start handing out tickets for 10quid a go, if I lived in Manchester, even if I wasnt a City fan I'd still go down, theres empty seats all the time, surely you'd pick up a ticket.

I'm going to guess we'll make at least 6 changes against Bolton.

Team I'd like to see is,

Cech
    Dave Zouma Cahill Luis
    Mikel Ramires
    Salah Oscar Schurrle
    Remy

Have Brown, Boga, Christensen all ready to play as well.

The Etihad is a fine stadium too I must say not sure it's quite the Bridge might be affinity that its easy for me to say that.

But as away trips go would like to visit the North East in the future for a game at Funderland r Newcastle.

Would love to see Boga get in the side some of his performances recently have been quality, Izzy to b subbed on if tbings are goin well.

Looking at our next 6 fistures we have

Villa(h) Arsenal (h), Palace (a) Utd (a), QPR (h), Liverpool (a)

Thats as tough a run as you're going to see from us but it does 2 things allow us to pick up maximum points at home to a rival, beat a local rival who have spent mad money on bad players and play a team who we've had difficult with in recent times.

In among them is an away trip to a team who beat us thanks to an Og last year but were the better team and two hugely difficult away trips to the north west of the country (thanks Grumpy)

Of the 18 points on offer I'd happily take 15, but 12 is the very least we shoudl be hoping to take away from these games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Looking at our next 6 fistures we have

Villa(h) Arsenal (h), Palace (a) Utd (a), QPR (h), Liverpool (a)

Thats as tough a run as you're going to see from us but it does 2 things allow us to pick up maximum points at home to a rival, beat a local rival who have spent mad money on bad players and play a team who we've had difficult with in recent times.

In among them is an away trip to a team who beat us thanks to an Og last year but were the better team and two hugely difficult away trips to the north west of the country (thanks Grumpy)

Of the 18 points on offer I'd happily take 15, but 12 is the very least we shoudl be hoping to take away from these games.

Yea Palace away will be difficult other than that no problem ;)

Yea Palace away will be difficult other than that no problem ;)

I was thinking Villa (h) was the most difficult :pac:

Nah, its a very tough sequence and will show where we stand this year, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I was thinking Villa (h) was the most difficult :pac:

Nah, its a very tough sequence and will show where we stand this year, IMO.

Repliesd in wrong Superthread in regards to game. (Neutral View here) To be honest I can see Chelsea winning all those games. I think the hardest is probably Palace away simply because they'll sit deep and try counter where as Liverpool/United will try to play ball and I can see them getting totally outplayed. Neither of there defenses will cope with Costa and Co. Fabregas will have a field day against Gerrard. Judging on Lampard scoring against yous, surely Fabregas will score against Arsenal? :pac:

Repliesd in wrong Superthread in regards to game. (Neutral View here) To be honest I can see Chelsea winning all those games. I think the hardest is probably Palace away simply because they'll sit deep and try counter where as Liverpool/United will try to play ball and I can see them getting totally outplayed. Neither of there defenses will cope with Costa and Co. Fabregas will have a field day against Gerrard. Judging on Lampard scoring against yous, surely Fabregas will score against Arsenal? :pac:

If we beat Villa it will give us confidence going into the Arsenal game and if we beat Arsenal it will carry on. I dont think Cesc will score but hes going to get a very hostile reception from the Arsenal fans, the only one thats a banker to score agaisnt Arsenal is Drogba. :pac:

The problem for me with these games is we have away trips to Sporting in the UCL before Arsenal and away trip to Maribor before we play Liverpool away so hopefully we dont have a European hangover, couple that to the fact we drew the opening game we ahve to target at a minimum 4 points int he 2 UCL games or the next 3 could be very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

By the end of that run we will have played Everton, City, United and Liverpool away. If we are sitting on the top after the Liverpool game we will by very hard to stop.

Johner wrote: »
    By the end of that run we will have played Everton, City, United and Liverpool away. If we are sitting on the top after the Liverpool game we will by very hard to stop.

Something I didnt factor in actually. :o

Although last year we done very well agaisnt thsoe teams it was the last few games and Palace, WBA, Villa, Norwich and Sunderland that killed our chances but getting thsoe tough away games out of the way this side of winter is an added bonus.

Our toughest away game on paper after these games is Arsenal away on April 25th, thats 7months away. :eek:

3 pts up on our total from last year.

After 5 games we were

Played 5, W3, D1, L1

So far its

Played 5, W4, D1, L0

And our loss last year was Everton away 1-0, we've already buried them this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

We now have a lower wage bill than Arsenal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

3 pts up on our total from last year.

After 5 games we were

Played 5, W3, D1, L0.

I can haz adding?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement