Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    Linked with Kroos again today.

Unless Oscar is sold and I hope he isnt, I cant see us getting Kroos.

Kroos and Matic makes more sense than Matic or Cesc/Oscar in a double pivot.

If we sign Kroos I reckon Oscar would be sold as Cesc can play behind a CF, as much as i love Cesc, Oscar is younger and coudl reach Cescs level given time.

I just cant see Kroos being signed anyway, not without a CM leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Oscar definitely won't be sold. He's going to Brazil's best player at this World Cup.

Personally I can see Shaw staying Southampton. I think us or United would be crazy to pay that figure for a young player who has only 1 full season playing regularly. Andy Carrol springs to mind, I'd prefer to see him develop at Southampton and then 1-2 years down the line if he fulfills his potential than go for him. I think we are just letting the fact that he is young, English and a Chelsea fan, cloud our judgement.

The talent is there, no doubt about that.

I'd be wary of paying huge money as there is no way we'd make that money back.

TBH, I dont think Shaw will fail wherever he goes, barring injuries, he'll be a fine LB for years to come.

Although if we can get Rodriguez for half the price I'd go down that route.

Oscar definitely won't be sold. He's going to Brazil's best player at this World Cup.

He'd bloody want to be, hes been on holiday since December. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just back from London and a tour. Getting a brand new pitch (97% real grass with 3 % fake so wen in ). Also first stadium to be getting LED lights instead of floodlights

How does that new pitch work?

Is it like a hybrid? :confused:

If I was to guess I'd imagine its got synthetic fibre mixed in with real grass somehow.

Edit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desso_GrassMaster

Found it ^^

I'm just thinking what are the chances that Schurrle will just be promoted to 2nd choice CF?

The guy is usually lethal infront of goal, hes cool under pressure on either leg.

I just hope he doesnt turn into Kalou version II, playing mostly from the bench

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm just thinking what are the chances that Schurrle will just be promoted to 2nd choice CF?

The guy is usually lethal infront of goal, hes cool under pressure on either leg.

I just hope he doesnt turn into Kalou version II, playing mostly from the bench

I can't see it. I think Jose might have had that in mind for him too, but anytime he's started up front he's looked toothless. He's much better from the left or the right, I think he see's the game far better, don't think he likes playing with his back to goal. His movement is excellent coming in from the flanks and he is a very good finisher, he's very much like a second striker operating from the wing, but he also tracks back and never shirks his defensive duty.

I can't see it. I think Jose might have had that in mind for him too, but anytime he's started up front he's looked toothless. He's much better from the left or the right, I think he see's the game far better, don't think he likes playing with his back to goal. His movement is excellent coming in from the flanks and he is a very good finisher, he's very much like a second striker operating from the wing, but he also tracks back and never shirks his defensive duty.

I'd prefer a Lukaku type CF that can play both the hold up and on the shoulder game, if I'm honest.

Costa is a good hold up option and his movement brings him in play but Schurrles pace on the shoulder would be a huge advantage and wouldnt require him to hold up the ball, as long his movement and willingness to get behind was there we'd have a good option.

I'd prefer a Lukaku type CF that can play both the hold up and on the shoulder game, if I'm honest.

Costa is a good hold up option and his movement brings him in play but Schurrles pace on the shoulder would be a huge advantage and wouldnt require him to hold up the ball, as long his movement and willingness to get behind was there we'd have a good option.

Costa's hold up play is his main weakness IMO, probably Lukaku's too. For big units, they both only win something like under 30% of their aerial duals. Costa is surprisingly quick off the mark, his movement is excellent and his positioning is his biggest strength, he always knows where to be. But neither of those players are going to turn into Drogba mk II. All around different players, but we are setup differently this time around anyways.

• Advertisement

Costa's hold up play is his main weakness IMO, probably Lukaku's too. For big units, they both only win something like under 30% of their aerial duals. Costa is surprisingly quick off the mark, his movement is excellent and his positioning is his biggest strength, he always knows where to be. But neither of those players are going to turn into Drogba mk II. All around different players, but we are setup differently this time around anyways.

They dont have to be battering rams, as long as they can take a ball under pressure and bring others into the play thats what we need.

Torres and Ba were better than Eto'o but Eto'os link up play was better than both of theirs at times.

We need a bit of everything from our CF and pace certainly is a big deal, all the creative players will be tasked with building up play and looking for killer balls, the CF has to just put the ball in the net.

If its Costa or Lukaku, if they dont get decent return, 15+ goals in the league, there'll be murder next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

How does that new pitch work?

Is it like a hybrid? :confused:

If I was to guess I'd imagine its got synthetic fibre mixed in with real grass somehow.

Edit : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desso_GrassMaster

Found it ^^

The 3% of fake grass is really deep and gives the real grass roots something to anchor to which keeps it stronger and stops it tearing up easily. use in NFL a lot and their pitches stay fecking immaculate despite 25 stone men throwing themselves around. Should work well in the PL.

There are also long fibres running through the soil for extra anchorage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Lads, how much do you think Cech will be sold for and where do you see him going?

Seaneh wrote: »
    The 3% of fake grass is really deep and gives the real grass roots something to anchor to which keeps it stronger and stops it tearing up easily. use in NFL a lot and their pitches stay fecking immaculate despite 25 stone men throwing themselves around. Should work well in the PL.

There are also long fibres running through the soil for extra anchorage.

Ya, the benefits are pretty clear for all to see.

Our pitch is usually ok towards the end of the season but if this ensures the surface is pretty much consistent. I'm all for it.
    Lads, how much do you think Cech will be sold for and where do you see him going?

2 years left on his deal, I'd say we'd easily get 15million for him, top end, 20million if theres more than 1 club in the bidding process.

I'd suggest PSG but Sirigu is a capable enough g.k. although I'd say Cech is an improvement, beyond PSG its ahrd to see who woudl come in for him.

Real? Very unlikely, Barca, same, theyve got Ter-Stegen coming in.

Juventus, still have Buffon, AC, ye guys probably wouldnt pay that money for him and hes on 100K with us.

I cant see any English club coming in for him, everyone has at least 1 good goalkeeper.

The market isnt probably there for him but I also cant see him sitting on the bench.

We'd sell Courtois quicker and for more money than Cech but given the 10 year age difference, now is the time to make money on Cech, club legend or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

As durty as it sounds but I'd say pool could be in the market for a keeper

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Surely Atleti are going to be in the market for Cech. I can see him going there, probably at a reduced price between 12-15m. It could be brokered into any deal for Costa and Luis, if that's still on.

Surely Atleti are going to be in the market for Cech. I can see him going there, probably at a reduced price between 12-15m. It could be brokered into any deal for Costa and Luis, if that's still on.

I hope we're not going for Luis but Cech and Torres for Costa and Courtois would be brilliant.

Im surprised schurrle hasnt started for germany today but theyve started very well

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Back to France with Monaco?

• Advertisement

Schurrles going get 30mins for germany tonight.

Hes got a good record for them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

He's looked sharp since coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'll show ye a magic trick....
    "Hey Andre... Your shyt..."
    (Sits back and waits for Andre to score....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Andre with the assist!! (I was close!)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Moses and Mikel in the shop window now!

Hope omeruo impresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Confirmed that Filipe luis will join @chelseafc, that is going to pay the exit clause (€25M)

Plenty of tweets going around about Flipe Luis today... good signing but would have preferred Shaw. They are getting their work done early though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I know its not announced till Wed but supposedly a leaked opening fixture has the boyos at home to Everton on first day of new season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

redman85 wrote: »
    Plenty of tweets going around about Flipe Luis today... good signing but would have preferred Shaw. They are getting their work done early though.

Any reputable sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

micknail wrote: »
    Moses and Mikel in the shop window now!

Hope omeruo impresses.
    Mikel OK. Does a competent job. But just not good enough for really top level competition. He'd attract a mid-level team, for around €10-15 million. Sell, sell, sell.

Moses? Not up to much.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Any reputable sources?

A reporter from Sky Italy. Not sure how reliable he is

9PHpL1S.jpg

Jose watching the World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Decent start by Atsu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I know its not announced till Wed but supposedly a leaked opening fixture has the boyos at home to Everton on first day of new season

Apparently fake because the same list says ''Spurs'' when the Premier League usually say ''Tottenham''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

How did atsu get on last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

If that's true, it's a bit ****.

An extra few million and we could get Shaw and be sorted for a long time.

In fairness is probably the best LB in the world now and Jose clearly doesn't rate Shaw. If we sign Luis, it won't be for more than €20m. Our team has a very young profile already, nothing wrong with getting a few players in their prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

kev1.3s wrote: »
    How did atsu get on last night?

Ghana were totally wasteful all over the pitch. Atsu was lively but his end product was dreadful. Very very pacy player.

A reporter from Sky Italy. Not sure how reliable he is

Its not Tancredi Palmeri is it :eek:

In fairness is probably the best LB in the world now and Jose clearly doesn't rate Shaw. If we sign Luis, it won't be for more than €20m. Our team has a very young profile already, nothing wrong with getting a few players in their prime.

Which is fine but having to replace a 20million player in 3 years is kind of stupid.

The outlay on transfers alone is nearly 7million a year for a guy at 29.

Worse case scenario I'd go forward with our current squad and bank the 20million, its a waste of money IMO.

Plus, I dont think Atletico would sell us him, they'll want to keep as many of that squad as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Which is fine but having to replace a 20million player in 3 years is kind of stupid.

The outlay on transfers alone is nearly 7million a year for a guy at 29.

Worse case scenario I'd go forward with our current squad and bank the 20million, its a waste of money IMO.

Plus, I dont think Atletico would sell us him, they'll want to keep as many of that squad as they can.

I would guess it would be a 4 year contract so including salary be closer to ST£7.5m a year for FFP (assuming he slums it on about ST£50,000 a week). That being said he is very experienced and very good.

TSHO does like experience in his defence so would not be too surprised at all by this.

As for Petr one of three clubs I would guess off the bat Arsenal, PSG or Monaco and of those I doubt very much we will deal with one club.

Luis is apparently on 40k with Atletico, he'd probably nearly double that with us.

So giving a 29 year old 80k a week and 20million transfer on a 4 year contract works out about 36 million over 4 years, or 9 million a year over his stay.

Flip it around, Shaw costs 25-30 million, earns similar money and stays for at least 10 years and it costs 75 million, give or take over the period and allowing for a new contract which works out at about 7.5 million a year over his stay with the club.

We all want experience in defence but when you have Cahill, JT and Azp all international class defenders, the LB doesnt have to be filled with a guy ho has 100 caps.

• Advertisement

Also, sell Cech to France would be good for everyone, although the fans would be devasted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Luis is apparently on 40k with Atletico, he'd probably nearly double that with us.

So giving a 29 year old 80k a week and 20million transfer on a 4 year contract works out about 36 million over 4 years, or 9 million a year over his stay.

Flip it around, Shaw costs 25-30 million, earns similar money and stays for at least 10 years and it costs 75 million, give or take over the period and allowing for a new contract which works out at about 7.5 million a year over his stay with the club.

We all want experience in defence but when you have Cahill, JT and Azp all international class defenders, the LB doesnt have to be filled with a guy ho has 100 caps.

is van aarnholt being written off completely ? i thought luis was superb last season , shaw was great going forward but sometimes caught out at the back, if we were going to sign shaw then i think it would be vital that cole stays on , if you have plans to be a world class left back , you may as well learn from the best left back in the world

Don't really see it that way if the papers are to be believed (and we all know they would never ever print an incorrect story :eek:)

Shaw goes for ST£30m, apparently Man United are offering ST£150,000 a week so extrapolating we have (150,000 x 52 x 10) + (30,000,000) / 10 which I get as ST£10.8m pa in relation to FFP. If Shaw does go for that type of money he is going to be earning North of ST£100k per week so even at such a moderate salary (when compared to the signing fee over time) that still brings us out at ST£8,200,000 pa for FFP. Of course at his age we might get 14 or 15 years out of him which would reduce the salary aspect of his FFP contribution by about ST£1m but that would be more than compensated for by his salary.

For me thats a hell of a gamble and the figures simply do not add up.

That being said the tax laws in England are now more benign than Spain so I don't see him Luis getting ST£80k a week ST£60k tops I would say.

peteeeed wrote: »
    is van aarnholt being written off completely ? i thought luis was superb last season , shaw was great going forward but sometimes caught out at the back, if we were going to sign shaw then i think it would be vital that cole stays on , if you have plans to be a world class left back , you may as well learn from the best left back in the world

Bertrand and PVA might as well find new clubs at this stage I reckon.

We thought Lukaku would learn from his idol, that didnt exactly turn out great did it? :o

Don't really see it that way if the papers are to be believed (and we all know they would never ever print an incorrect story :eek:)

Shaw goes for ST£30m, apparently Man United are offering ST£150,000 a week so extrapolating we have (150,000 x 52 x 10) + (30,000,000) / 10 which I get as ST£10.8m pa in relation to FFP. If Shaw does go for that type of money he is going to be earning North of ST£100k per week so even at such a moderate salary (when compared to the signing fee over time) that still brings us out at ST£8,200,000 pa for FFP. Of course at his age we might get 14 or 15 years out of him which would reduce the salary aspect of his FFP contribution by about ST£1m but that would be more than compensated for by his salary.

For me thats a hell of a gamble and the figures simply do not add up.

That being said the tax laws in England are now more benign than Spain so I don't see him Luis getting ST£80k a week ST£60k tops I would say.

Cole at his highest was getting 120k a week, paying Shaw more than that would be madness and if Utd or anyone wants to do that, then theyre welcome to him.

My main issue is we need a youg LB, signing a 29 year old is pointless IMO.

Its not Tancredi Palmeri is it :eek:

Some chap called Gianluca Di Marzio whoever he is according to WAGNH

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/6/16/5815418/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-set-to-pay-filipe-luis-buyout

Di Marzio is very reliable, hes a good source of info on pretty much all transfers.

If he says its done or something is happening, you can take his word, in general.

Had a quick browse, one of my first posts in a Chelsea thread, I was hoping that sturridge would get more game time as Drogba and Kalou would be at the ACN. :o

Just had a peep at my first post here

Hi folks new here Chelsea fan for far more years than I care to remember, thought I would say hello. Hope that news on Studge is wrong and both he and Luiz have not picked anything serious up

Dont know what that was but now I don't care :(

• Advertisement

Cole at his highest was getting 120k a week, paying Shaw more than that would be madness and if Utd or anyone wants to do that, then theyre welcome to him.

My main issue is we need a youg LB, signing a 29 year old is pointless IMO.

Cole was earning as much as Torres last year. It's why it took so long to sign him up and probably why we won't be keeping him another year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement