Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

duploelabs wrote: »
    I can haz adding?

Thats north east or west adding me thinks :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    We now have a lower wage bill than Arsenal :)

Do we, latest figure I could find was we were about 300k a week or nearly 16million more in wages than Arsenal.
    I can haz adding?

I dont know what you're on about, check it again. *cough, cough*

Thats north east or west adding me thinks :cool:

Its a Cork thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Do we, latest figure I could find was we were about 300k a week or nearly 16million more in wages than Arsenal.

I dont know what you're on about, check it again. *cough, cough*

My stupid phone won't let me post it but Arsenal's latest accounts show that they are now up to about £180m in wages with the new signings. Chelsea are at about £176m which has been pretty static over the last 2 years because of the departures of Lamps, Cole, Torres etc.

WAGNH and the Telegraph both are running the stories.

My stupid phone won't let me post it but Arsenal's latest accounts show that they are now up to about £180m in wages with the new signings. Chelsea are at about £176m which has been pretty static over the last 2 years because of the departures of Lamps, Cole, Torres etc.

WAGNH and the Telegraph both are running the stories.

We've got slightly better revenue too for the year but thats mainly down to transfer incomes.

Arsenals match day revenue is something like 2million more than us or over a season, if youve got at least 19 league games, 3 UCL games and 1 domestic cup games thats at a minimum 23 home games or 46million.

Getting further in the UCL or cups and its up well over 50million more revenue on matchday takings alone.

I love the Bridge but its going to be a long term hinderence and will make it hard to compete during the FFP times even for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

We now have a lower wage bill than Arsenal :)

I've seen some comments stating this, but until arsenal's end of year accounts come out, it's all conjecture

We've got slightly better revenue too for the year but thats mainly down to transfer incomes.

Arsenals match day revenue is something like 2million more than us or over a season, if youve got at least 19 league games, 3 UCL games and 1 domestic cup games thats at a minimum 23 home games or 46million.

Getting further in the UCL or cups and its up well over 50million more revenue on matchday takings alone.

I love the Bridge but its going to be a long term hinderence and will make it hard to compete during the FFP times even for us.

We've been head and shoulders above every other team in England in Europe for the last 5 years so this has really allowed us some breathing space and makes up a decent amount of the shortfall.

We would be an absolute force with a 60k stadium but their doesn't seem to be any real plan. CPO are forcing us to stay at the Bridge and any redevelopment is likely to be extremely expensive.

I've seen some comments stating this, but until arsenal's end of year accounts come out, it's all conjecture

Someone in the Arsenal thread posted something and it looked like they were less than ours.

Also it doesnt really matter does it, I mean you have to pay for top talent and we've got rid of some high earners recently.

We've been head and shoulders above every other team in England in Europe for the last 5 years so this has really allowed us some breathing space and makes up a decent amount of the shortfall.

We would be an absolute force with a 60k stadium but their doesn't seem to be any real plan. CPO are forcing us to stay at the Bridge and any redevelopment is likely to be extremely expensive.

Whats helped us massively is buying good, young talented players, letting other clubs develop them and sell them for double, or triple the profit. Itrs bad footballing ethtics but a great business plan and its helped balance the books massively.

Theres no way in my life time we'll leave the Bridge, I'm confident of that, the CPO wont allow.

The other thing is redeveloping Stamford Bridge would see us pump at a rough guess from previous estimates about 500-750million into the ground but that doesnt effect FFP or else we'd be ran out of Europe and the League.

The real issue is where do we play in the mean time, it cant be Wembley as theyve got a maximum number of "events" they can host a year due to the residents and I'm sure if we played we say 25 home games there in the league/Champs league/cups a year, the concerts, NFL would be worth more to Wembley and the FA and given theyre in debt they'll want huge rent rates I'd imagine so if its 1million a game you're talking a potetinal of 90 million, 30million a year by 3, to just rent Wembley. These rent figure are plucked from the sky it could be anything but one thing they wont be is cheap.

Its easy enough to guess though from lat years accounts and the reported wages of their new signings. Even a conservative estimate of their new signings would take them above us. It's at least 10-15 more than last season.

• Advertisement

Its easy enough to guess though from lat years accounts and the reported wages of their new signings. Even a conservative estimate of their new signings would take them above us. It's at least 10-15 more than last season.

We've got rid of big earners in Lamps, Cole, Eto'o, Torres, Ba, Luiz but theyve been replaced with Costa, Cesc, Luis who woudl be on good money and Courtois and Dave got new deals, not to mention the new del supposedly on the table for Hazard.

I'd say its close though.

• Question: Is Jose going to give Costa a rest? Or is it too much of a risk from a Goal scoring perspective?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Question: Is Jose going to give Costa a rest? Or is it too much of a risk from a Goal scoring perspective?

He will tomorrow night with hopefully Remy leading the line.

I wouldnt be surprised if Costa got "injured" before Spains next call up to get extra time off and some rest.

Other than that he'll start all our EPL games that hes not banned or injured for. cant see him being rested but in Remy we've got a very capable back up, as long as its not Drogba starting over Remy I'll be happy.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    He will tomorrow night with hopefully Remy leading the line.

I wouldnt be surprised if Costa got "injured" before Spains next call up to get extra time off and some rest.

Other than that he'll start all our EPL games that hes not banned or injured for. cant see him being rested but in Remy we've got a very capable back up, as long as its not Drogba starting over Remy I'll be happy.

I think he's one of the buys of the summer but I also think it's a disaster waiting to happen if he doesn't get a break.

Has Remy started any games as of yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Other than that he'll start all our EPL games that hes not banned or injured for.

How many yellow cards has he got so far? not far off five I imagine

Whats helped us massively is buying good, young talented players, letting other clubs develop them and sell them for double, or triple the profit. Itrs bad footballing ethtics but a great business plan and its helped balance the books massively.

Theres no way in my life time we'll leave the Bridge, I'm confident of that, the CPO wont allow.

The other thing is redeveloping Stamford Bridge would see us pump at a rough guess from previous estimates about 500-750million into the ground but that doesnt effect FFP or else we'd be ran out of Europe and the League.

The real issue is where do we play in the mean time, it cant be Wembley as theyve got a maximum number of "events" they can host a year due to the residents and I'm sure if we played we say 25 home games there in the league/Champs league/cups a year, the concerts, NFL would be worth more to Wembley and the FA and given theyre in debt they'll want huge rent rates I'd imagine so if its 1million a game you're talking a potetinal of 90 million, 30million a year by 3, to just rent Wembley. These rent figure are plucked from the sky it could be anything but one thing they wont be is cheap.

For the life of me Gav I cannot see the bad footballing ethics bit. Young lads receive a good wage excellent training and all round education whilst they pursue their dream. Dont forget the Brentford chairman recently highlighted how the FA could learn from how we do things.

Scroll down to other teams set ups he admires;

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=12994

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I think he's one of the buys of the summer but I also think it's a disaster waiting to happen if he doesn't get a break.

Has Remy started any games as of yet?

Remys not started a game yet, if he does start tomorrow it could be out wide with Drogba up top as Drogba lacks any game fitness and sharpness. I'd still prefer to drop Drogba altogether and go with Remy, he took his goal against Swansea very well.
    redman85 wrote: »

3 so far.

The "dive" against Burnley whcih was a terrible call.
    Against Coleman for being hauled down himself, harsh again IMO.
    Yesterday, deserved for reacting to Zabaleta.

redman85 wrote: »

3 I think and the first one against Burnley was a joke but there is no method to rescind a yellow apparently.

For the life of me Gav I cannot see the bad footballing ethics bit. Young lads receive a good wage excellent training and all round education whilst they pursue their dream. Dont forget the Brentford chairman recently highlighted how the FA could learn from how we do things.

Scroll down to other teams set ups he admires;

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=12994

Its more down to the hoovering up of young talent but for everyone we make money on theres a few that go nowhere.

Its been a good earner for us though, shows how good our scouting network is.

• Advertisement

3 I think and the first one against Burnley was a joke but there is no method to rescind a yellow apparently.

Correct so 2 yellows that lead to a red, even if one was stupid, you'll still get banned, where as a red can be looked at.

Stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

There's a headline you don't see very often.
    10672419_10152257823872133_3642786343427432179_n.jpg?oh=edeb3463f399b690de78056e03183aa3&oe=54D07935

Bolton at the Bridge, should be a relatively easy game even if we make over half a dozen changes to the starting XI.

the team I'd like to see is

Cech
    Dave Zouma Christensen Luis
    Mikel Ake
    Salah Boga Remy
    Drogba

I cant imagine Jose will start such an inexperienced pair of CBs but you never know, with Dave and Luis and Cech in the back 5 there is plenty to get the two young guys through a game.

Mikel has bags of experience and Ake is able to play CM.

Salah and Remy have international experience and are more the capable.

Drogba, well I dont have to tell ya about him.

So young guys to be involved.

Zouma - Needs to start, needs some game time, great prospect
    Christensen - Some game time tomorrow would be great, would like to see him start. Good prospect.
    Ake - Needs to start although wont be at CB or LB but has played CDM at underage level, great prospect.
    Boga - Would love to see him start, such a great talent and will make the move to the 1st team at some stage.

Subs:
    Schwarzer
    Cahill
    Ivan
    Ramires
    Oscar
    Schurrle
    Brown - Would love to see him get some game time too, a great prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Bolton at the Bridge, should be a relatively easy game even if we make over half a dozen changes to the starting XI.

the team I'd like to see is

Cech
    Dave Zouma Christensen Luis
    Mikel Ake
    Salah Boga Remy
    Drogba

I cant imagine Jose will start such an inexperienced pair of CBs but you never know, with Dave and Luis and Cech in the back 5 there is plenty to get the two young guys through a game.

Mikel has bags of experience and Ake is able to play CM.

Salah and Remy have international experience and are more the capable.

Drogba, well I dont have to tell ya about him.

So young guys to be involved.

Zouma - Needs to start, needs some game time, great prospect
    Christensen - Some game time tomorrow would be great, would like to see him start. Good prospect.
    Ake - Needs to start although wont be at CB or LB but has played CDM at underage level, great prospect.
    Boga - Would love to see him start, such a great talent and will make the move to the 1st team at some stage.

Subs:
    Schwarzer
    Cahill
    Ivan
    Ramires
    Oscar
    Schurrle
    Brown - Would love to see him get some game time too, a great prospect.
    id love to see boga, brown, christenson and baker get a run out at some stage not sure what jose's mindset will be on this game

peteeeed wrote: »
    id love to see boga, brown, christenson and baker get a run out at some stage not sure what jose's mindset will be on this game

I forgot about Baker, I'd nearly have him in the starting XI too and go youth and experience.

TBH, a home game to Bolton who have played 8, W1, D2, L5 and are in 21st in the Championshiop should be a gimme for a home win.

I'd expect us to win pretty easily tomorrow night and by 2 or 3 goals too.

Steve Holland is taking the press conference...

• Advertisement

Holland says the management haven't finalised the squad for tomorrow's game but it will definitely be rotated. #CFC

Holland reports Ramires has a problem with his abductor and will miss the game but the hope is that the injury is not serious. #CFC

Holland: 'It is important you have a pool of players ready to call upon to handle the demanding fixture schedule.' #CFC

Holland: 'There will be some changes tomorrow and it will be an opportunity for some players to stake a claim.' #CFC

Holland: 'Didier Drogba will score goals, there is no doubt about that. The moment when he gets off and running again will be special.' #CFC

Holland says the number of goals we have scored so far this season is a noticeable difference from the last campaign. #CFC

Holland: 'Jose will continue to be very adaptable with his tactics on a game-to-game basis.' #CFC

Holland: 'We're pleased with the start to the season but we're not getting carried away.' #CFC

Holland says the key to success is finding the right balance between defence and attack, which must be adapted on a game-to-game basis. #CFC

Holland cites the Everton game as an example of that, where scoring plenty was the best way to winning the match. #CFC

Holland: 'I had the privilege to work with Frank for six years. He's a gentleman and a great footballer.' #CFC

Holland: 'Great credit to our fans for the reception they gave Frank, though that was never in doubt.' #CFC

Holland says the Capital One Cup is an important trophy and that winning any competition is difficult. #CFC

Holland: 'More often than not in the last 10 years the winners of the @CapitalOne_Cup were elite clubs, which shows its importance.' #CFC

Holland says he has been watching Bolton games in the last couple of days and they have good players with experience of big clubs. #CFC

Holland: 'I watched them play Sheffield Wednesday and they played good football and were unfortunate with the result.' #CFC

Holland says the team will have a professional approach to the game, aware you underestimate lower league teams at your peril. #CFC

Holland: 'We have three strikers we are very happy with and we are very confident whoever we select will cause problems tomorrow.' #CFC

Holland: 'Last season we hoped and this season we believe. We feel the team has progressed physically, mentally and tactically.' #CFC

Holland says the management haven't finalised the squad for tomorrow's game but it will definitely be rotated. #CFC

Holland reports Ramires has a problem with his abductor and will miss the game but the hope is that the injury is not serious. #CFC

Holland: 'It is important you have a pool of players ready to call upon to handle the demanding fixture schedule.' #CFC

Holland: 'There will be some changes tomorrow and it will be an opportunity for some players to stake a claim.' #CFC

Holland: 'Didier Drogba will score goals, there is no doubt about that. The moment when he gets off and running again will be special.' #CFC

Holland says the number of goals we have scored so far this season is a noticeable difference from the last campaign. #CFC

Holland: 'Jose will continue to be very adaptable with his tactics on a game-to-game basis.' #CFC

Holland: 'We're pleased with the start to the season but we're not getting carried away.' #CFC

Holland says the key to success is finding the right balance between defence and attack, which must be adapted on a game-to-game basis. #CFC

Holland cites the Everton game as an example of that, where scoring plenty was the best way to winning the match. #CFC

Holland: 'I had the privilege to work with Frank for six years. He's a gentleman and a great footballer.' #CFC

Holland: 'Great credit to our fans for the reception they gave Frank, though that was never in doubt.' #CFC

Holland says the Capital One Cup is an important trophy and that winning any competition is difficult. #CFC

Holland: 'More often than not in the last 10 years the winners of the @CapitalOne_Cup were elite clubs, which shows its importance.' #CFC

Holland says he has been watching Bolton games in the last couple of days and they have good players with experience of big clubs. #CFC

Holland: 'I watched them play Sheffield Wednesday and they played good football and were unfortunate with the result.' #CFC

Holland says the team will have a professional approach to the game, aware you underestimate lower league teams at your peril. #CFC

Holland: 'We have three strikers we are very happy with and we are very confident whoever we select will cause problems tomorrow.' #CFC

Holland: 'Last season we hoped and this season we believe. We feel the team has progressed physically, mentally and tactically.' #CFC

i had it all cut and pasted too :)

Not much insight but if they wanna win it itll have to be a mix of youth and experience.

I hope salah plays as hes one that im hoping can kick on and get up to speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

I see city have extended lamps loan to Feb. IMO a big 2 fingers from pellegrini to jose

hadepsx wrote: »
    I see city have extended lamps loan to Feb. IMO a big 2 fingers from pellegrini to jose

I dont think Jose will mind, both Cole and Lamps were offered new deals, reportedly and both choose new adventures.

Both left in good spirits and both have been more than replaced.

His last game for City will probably at the Bridge, we'll give him a good send off after we batter City, no problem there.

• Advertisement

Seen this on a buddies FB feed.

Goes into great detail about Jorges Mendes and his dealings.

Well worth a read IMO.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/-sp-jorge-mendes-agent-third-party-ownership-players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hadepsx wrote: »

Pelligrini probably wants a bit more depth when Toure goes to ACN

Pelligrini probably wants a bit more depth when Toure goes to ACN

That game at the Bridge will be excellent so.

8-1 Chelsea.

Lamps with Citys goal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Seen this on a buddies FB feed.

Goes into great detail about Jorges Mendes and his dealings.

Well worth a read IMO.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/22/-sp-jorge-mendes-agent-third-party-ownership-players

It reads almost like Bébé is some sort of ongoing human money laundering endeavour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Funny, did he skip the image where he went through the back of Costa, or the image of his surprise on receiving a second yellow :)

Dya know what, he apologised for the red and then posted this.

The kick the nearest chelsea player tactic worked so well they got a justified red card from it.

Costa was rightly booked and Zabaleta was rightly booked, twice.

He fouled Costa twice in the space of 10 seconds while already on a yellow card.

I thought highly of Zableta but posting such a misleading picture was pathetic. Himself and Kompany have made righ tits of themselves this week, embarrasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Zab can go and fcuk right off.
    Playing the victim, the fockin state of him.
    Man up and take your card ffs.

Costa was rightfully booked for raising his hands.

Its risky raising your hands but he didnt punch him.

Hes probably annoyed that they didnt beat the small team for the 2nd home game in a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

John Terry has sent a signed match shirt to a fan after learning of the news that her mother passed away.
    Chelsea fan Louise was sent a heartfelt message by the skipper via Instagram, and arranged the delivery of the strip.
    Terry wrote: 'I'm very sorry to hear the terrible news of your mum passing. I would love to send you one of my match shirts and sign it to you. To know I and Chelsea can help you through this difficult time would be an honour for me.

'You need to continue your mums legacy and be strong but never be afraid to cry and think of those fantastic memories.
    'Over time it will get easier. Lots of love JT. I really hope you accept my shirt. X.'
    Louise, whose Twitter handle is @Ad0re_You, posted on Twitter: 'The true John Terry #CaptainLeaderLegend' accompanied with the picture of his messages and the shirt.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2766677/John-Terry-sends-signed-Chelsea-shirt-fan-mother-passes-away.html

Well done John Terry. What a hero.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Oh dear Jamal......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Torres scores for Milan.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Torres scores for Milan.

Bring him back. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Bring him back. :pac:

He's on a better scoring streak than Costa! :-)

Torres scoring for milan on debut
    https://vine.co/v/O7jXb3BalHj

Thats a great header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Won't see a better header than that all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Waited for years to see him score one like that for us.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Waited for years to see him score one like that for us.

He got a great one against Sunderland at the bridge i think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement