Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

bolton don't believe in closing down space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Chelsea do a great job with their pricing for the cup games to fill out Stamford Bridge, rarely see the huge swathe of empty seats you get at other grounds.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Who here thought that was in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ah Remy, should have buried it! Decent stop though.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Another decent save

how did we not score there?

good run by schurrle

wow drogba didn't get to take the free kick

Need a third soon or it could be a nervy end.

Lucky keeper.

• Advertisement

spearing. :rolleyes:

Just take Mikel off!

Very frustrating game, should have been well and truly put to bed earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

2-1 ft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    How were the strikers tonight?

Neither really got a look in, Remy had a couple of chances he could've buried but the Bolton GK had a great night. Would think he saved about 8-9 decent shots. Drogba touched the ball twice I'd say. He did win a free kick in a decent area though.

We probably took too many shots from range. I think because we were so dominant for so much of the match, there was no urgency to putting a few more past them to get a decent lead.

Bolton showed up for the last few minutes there to keep things interesting. I think Cech had to save twice and they played a great ball in from the left bye-line and Cahill got a decent clearance in. Shame we didn't put them to the sword but at least we won without ET/Pens.

I see Lamps scored twice for City tonight. Didn't see the goals but must have a look. I wonder was he playing too deep for us last season and it cost him goals because it seems he still has goals to offer.

Chelsea away to Shrewsbury in next round

• Advertisement

Shrewsbury away, lovely stuff.

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chelsea away to Shrewsbury in next round

Great draw for Chelsea and fantastic draw for Shrewsbury. Nice payday for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Our names on the cup, I can feel it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Oscar played very well tonite i taught, he may b getting his form back? Shurrle was unlucky not to score aswel , he had at least 8 shots i reckon

Oscar really needs to up his game anyway. Hes in danger of not starting games if his form doesnt improve.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Oscar really needs to up his game anyway. Hes in danger of not starting games if his form doesnt improve.

Ya i agree but he was much better than usual tonite, i knw it was only bolton but its a start

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Kind of game that might give Oscar a bit of confidence, that could be all thats lacking!

Who have we at the weekend actually?

Kind of game that might give Oscar a bit of confidence, that could be all thats lacking!

Who have we at the weekend actually?

Villa isn't it?

Yep villa on sat

Its actually been plain to see that the games we havent played Costa (Schalke, Bolton) that we have struggled to score and put away chances, a bit like last season.

Villa will be a tough, tough game. They lost 0-3 to arsenal and got blitz in a 5 mins spell that not many teams would have lived with.

Theyve always played well at Stamford Bridge so wouldnt be writing them off but our best XI if theyre all fit and raring to go we should have just about enough.

• Advertisement

Villa will be a tough, tough game. They lost 0-3 to arsenal and got blitz in a 5 mins spell that not many teams would have lived with.

Theyve always played well at Stamford Bridge so wouldnt be writing them off but our best XI if theyre all fit and raring to go we should have just about enough.

Yeah but we just have to keep winning to keep a comfortable distance between us and Arsenal/City before we hit the tough games at Anfield and Old Trafford, and even Arsenal at home..

If we are top at Christmas then id really fancy us to stay top, provided Costa is fit of course.

Yeah but we just have to keep winning to keep a comfortable distance between us and Arsenal/City before we hit the tough games at Anfield and Old Trafford, and even Arsenal at home..

And thats how a league works :pac:

Well Liverpool play first on Saturday and have Everton at anfield, never an easy game but given their record in derbies at Anfield, they'll more than likely walk away with a win.

Ourselves and City are both playing at 3pm on Saturday, away to Hull but you feel City are finally starting to show what theyre capable of, so a comfortable win I predict.

utd have West Ham at Old Trafford, whove had 4 points from the last 2 gaems, including beating Liverpool. They'll be no pushovers but at Old Trafford I'm going a Utd win.

Then it leaves us, Villa are one of our dodgy teams, home or away but we simply have to win to keep the distance between us and the rest.

Arsenal v Spurs are on the late kick off at 5.30 and i can see Arsenal walking it by 2 goals.

So were involved in 3rd party ownership, apparently.

Although any evidence is pretty much guess work. Load of bo**ocks.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/23/premier-league-high-ground-third-party-ownership

The evidence comes from an origianl article back in January 2014 here : http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/chelsea-links-third-party-ownership

I imagine Sky will pick up our game against Shrewsbury?

League 2 side and lowest ranked team left, who've knocked out Norwich now hosting one of Europes premier teams and leaders of the EPL for now, a proper David v Goliath game if there ever was one.

Be good if they did pick it up, it wont be stroll in the aprk anyway thats for sure, there ground, New Meadow is nearly a 10k capacity stadium and very good for league 2 standard so should enable us to play football on the surface.

Fixture is down to be played during the week of October 27th and is a great chance to make the 5th round

I imagine Sky will pick up our game against Shrewsbury?

I would think it's a near certainty that it will on Sky.

Villa this weekend will be very dangerous, they have real pace on the counter.

Johner wrote: »
    I would think it's a near certainty that it will on Sky.

Villa this weekend will be very dangerous, they have real pace on the counter.

Ya last year when we won 2-1 we were really lucky to win that game, Cech made 2 great saves from Weimann at 2-1 in the last few minutes.

I think we'll win 2-0 this time, if we've learned anything from the Arsenal defeat of Villa its that they can be got at, now, that was largely down to the fact a few of the players had a bug which meant Clark had to start at CB and hes useless so if Baker or Vlaar can make it next to Senderos and its Clark I'd fancy our chances.

WE've got Phil Dowd on Saturday too by the way, not the worst referee to have.

Apaprently we've offered the Mike Svilar, dubbed the next Courtois, trials at the club. The youngster is only 15 and playing for Anderlecht and has impressed at under age level so far.

I wouldnt worry about last night either, we made 9 changes from Sundays team.

City by contrast made just 5.

Even though Schurrle was partly at fault for Citys goal at the weekend, his performance last night showed what he can bring which is devasting pace and usually an end product so i'd say hes in line to satrt against Villa on the flank.

I'd go with

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Schurrle Willian Hazard
    Costa

• Advertisement

I'd like to see Luis come into the team soon, his crossing really adds a lot more down that left flank. Could see him getting a good few assists for Costa. At the moment it would be harsh to drop Azpilicueta as defensively he is one of the best full backs in the league, for home games I think Luis would be the better option though, it's not like Luis cant defend either he's very solid at that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I wouldnt worry about last night either, we made 9 changes from Sundays team.

City by contrast made just 5.

Even though Schurrle was partly at fault for Citys goal at the weekend, his performance last night showed what he can bring which is devasting pace and usually an end product so i'd say hes in line to satrt against Villa on the flank.

I'd go with

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Schurrle Willian Hazard
    Costa

Swap Willian for Oscar and that'd be my team. I don't think Willian has the ability to play #10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lukker- wrote: »
    Swap Willian for Oscar and that'd be my team. I don't think Willian has the ability to play #10

Everton match, he was awesome

i was down on his performace against city but when you look at the stats , willian was fouled 7 times in the first half, i think he offers real pace through the middle but his end product could be better , oscar played very well last night but i would have looked good against bolton :)

Johner wrote: »
    I'd like to see Luis come into the team soon, his crossing really adds a lot more down that left flank. Could see him getting a good few assists for Costa. At the moment it would be harsh to drop Azpilicueta as defensively he is one of the best full backs in the league, for home games I think Luis would be the better option though, it's not like Luis cant defend either he's very solid at that as well.

Oh 100% but given Villa have plenty of pace down the flanks and Azp is used to the league, I'd be more comfortable going with him, IMO.

It might even be Ramires in CM and Cesc at 10, as Delph likes to roam from CM, we have the ability to change shoudl we need it anyway but I wouldnt be playing Oscar.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Everton match, he was awesome

Ya, Willian out in a real shift then but his assists and goal stats are poor.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    i was down on his performace against city but when you look at the stats , willian was fouled 7 times in the first half, i think he offers real pace through the middle but his end product could be better , oscar played very well last night but i would have looked good against bolton :)

I'd start willian purely for his apce and ball carrying, when he gets to the by line or edge of the box he runs out of ideas and usually slows the move down and waits for support, I dont know why though, hes quicker than most FBs and has quick feet that he should be driving at players and going around them, ala hazard.

Salah should be called the enigma, how many times last year did he have a simple chance only to completly miss the target inside and around the box?

He'd do brilliant to get there by his dribbling or movement and then f**k up majorly.

He needs games under his belt thats for sure though.

he played really well last night, always looking for the ball and took his man on

We're really blessed with support players, ranked in the order I'd pick them anyway.

Wide options : Hazard, Willian, Schurrle, Salah, Oscar, Remy & Ramires (if needed)
    Number 10's : Cesc, Oscar, Willian, Hazard, Baker & Boga (if neded)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

In my opinion I'd rank our best men as Andre Andre Andre, Arriba Arriba!!
    (Aww...if I didn't find myself funny, nobody would...)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement