Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    In my opinion I'd rank our best men as Andre Andre Andre, Arriba Arriba!!
    (Aww...if I didn't find myself funny, nobody would...)

/backs away slowly from thread.........

/slowly......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    /backs away slowly from thread.........

/slowly......

I used a word play on the Spanish for 'hurry up' and you back away slowly...wtf Gav!

Ya having an extended liquid lunch Panthro? :pac: :P

In a way, I guess you could say that alright haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Underlay, underlay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Jesus lads, Schurrle is only 23 :eek: coulda swore he was 25-26

Jesus lads, Schurrle is only 23 :eek: coulda swore he was 25-26

One for the future. Although Hazard is only 23, Salah is only 22, Oscar is only just gone on 23 too.

We've plenty of youth in this team that could see us dominate for years to come.

First and foremost this weekend we have to win but if we can keep a clean sheet in the process I'll be delighted.

Its time for the defence to settle and a run of clean sheets are needed.

Now, thats not to say I'd turn my nose up at winning any game while giving away a goal or two.

Vlaar is apparently out of the Chelsea game.

Thats a plus for us anyway, yes theyve defended well without him but hes there CB and we're going to be the best team theyve played so far so hopefully we can put them to the sword but I'd take a sneaky 1-0 now.

They'll sit back and try to counter us at every opportunity so we'll have to move the ball very quickly to move them around the pitch. We've not got a penalty yet this year so I fancy us to get one some time soon.

According to BBC, our 4th round Capital One cup tie is to be shown on TV.

Good news for Shewsbury, will add a few more pounds to the pot for them, now I hope we stuff them :pac:

• Advertisement

Forgot about the press conference.

Anyway, main news is Ramires is out tomorrow, and the Sporting Lisbon and Arsenal games and maybe fit after the international break.

Costa will play with no problems tomorrow and we'll see how he is for the Sporting Lisbon game.

Full squad available bar Ramires, team most do better in every aspect of play.

The strongest available team will play tomorrow and we'll evaluate the SPorting game afterwards as Villa will be a tough game.

Nothing to ground breaking in there really but Ramires being out for 2 big games is important, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Da Fuq....

Chelsea transfer news: Chelsea in £118million transfer talks to sign Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi | Metro News (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1okSOsf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

What a load of shite.

Johner wrote: »
    What a load of shite.

Agreed. Will never, ever, ever happen.

Id love it though. Its not even possible in football manager unless ya cheat :pac:

• Another 3 points against Villa?? Sigh. Out of site before Xmas by the looks of it ATM.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Another 3 points against Villa?? Sigh. Out of site before Xmas by the looks of it ATM.

I dont think itll be that easy Mick.

Weve had some mixed fortunes against villa in recent times, home and away. They deserved a point at the Bridge last year but our team that night wasnt as strong or as consistent as the current XI.

Id be hopeful and expecting a win but i dont think itll be 1 way traffic at all. With liverpool v everton, arsenal v spurs, weve a chance to put points on board and keep us up by a few points incase the others slip up, no pun :pac:

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think itll be that easy Mick.

Weve had some mixed fortunes against villa in recent times, home and away. They deserved a point at the Bridge last year but our team that night wasnt as strong or as consistent as the current XI.

Id be hopeful and expecting a win but i dont think itll be 1 way traffic at all. With liverpool v everton, arsenal v spurs, weve a chance to put points on board and keep us up by a few points incase the others slip up, no pun :pac:

Only for Villa gettng thumped against Arsenal last week I would have been a bit more optimistic of them getting something from uz. Hard see anything other than a win tomorrow unless it's off-day. From Utd perspective we can't afford any of those slip ups :pac:

Intersting to see if Costa starts again as I'm still convinced he's a injury car crash waiting to happen unless rested.
    I missed the midweek Chelsea game. You said Remy got his first start. How'd he fare out?

Only for Villa gettng thumped against Arsenal last week I would have been a bit more optimistic of them getting something from uz. Hard see anything other than a win tomorrow unless it's off-day. From Utd perspective we can't afford any of those slip ups :pac:

Intersting to see if Costa starts again as I'm still ocnvinced he's a injury car crash waiting to happen unless rested.
    I missed the midweek Chelsea game. You said Remy got his first start. How'd he fare out?

Remy was alright, had a few shots and his general play was good, nothung to write home about but better than Drogba right now. Best chances fell to Schurrle and Salah but the Bolton keeper had a 9/10 game. He was excellent and stopped nearly everything thrown at him. Had we just Drogba and Costa id be seriously worried but Remy adds depth that we badly needed as well as being happy enough to be 2nd choice.

Costa will start and he should be ok after a few weeks of football under his belt. The game in lisbon mid week is big too, if we dont get at least a point weve got a tough 4 games left in the competition.

On tomorrow id say we'll start as strong as possible, Jose has mentioned it so Luis will probably be dropped and the team w
    should be

courtois
    ivan cahill jt azp
    Matic cesc
    ?? ?? Hazard
    Costa

thats the right wing and number 10 spots up for grabs, itll probably be oscar and willian with ramires out.

• To note: Costa is still 4/1 to score two or more anytime tomorrow. Think it's a solid bet.

To note: Costa is still 4/1 to score two or more anytime tomorrow. Think it's a solid bet.
    He is going through a drought though :pac:

Ive to go do the weekly acca anyway tomorrow so ill be having a piece of that action if its a decent price then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I called it motherfúckers!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

team v villa Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

subs Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Schurrle, Remy, Drogba.

Strong as possible. Hoping for a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That should be enough to beat villa. I'm confident enough for the win.

I wish i could watch the game....out on the phone. :rolleyes:

Super start, now crush them.

Yaaaay 1-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Great to see Oscar back in goal-scoring form.

• Advertisement

Fabregas is running the show, we've had most of the ball but are finding it hard to break them down.

We could do with some width on the left hand side.
    Hazard has been very poor so far and Azpi doesn't offer much going forward on his weaker foot.

This should be the sort of game Felipe Luis starts in with Azpi at right back.

Villa have defended well in fairness, we need a bit more in the final third. Hazard has been very quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd love a clean sheet.

Johner wrote: »
    Fabregas is running the show, we've had most of the ball but are finding it hard to break them down.

He'd be on the bench behind Wilshire if he were at Arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Panthro wrote: »
    He'd be on the bench behind Wilshire if he were at Arsenal!

That wasn't what was said, everyone at Arsenal knows he would start

The comment was in relation to replacing Wilshire who another poster referenced wasn't a guarenteed starter

• Advertisement

Costa goal. 2-0. Happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The drought is over :pac:

It was a super header.

So close to 3-0 by Oscar. Really should have scored.

Playing lovely now, another few goals on the cards here.

• Advertisement

Schurrle on for Hazard.

Hazard off --> Schurrle on.

Clean sheet now would be great.

Mikel on for Oscar.

Remy on for last 10 mins for Costa

Lampard again for City. Turning out to be a very shrewd signing for them. We definitely misused him playing him defensive mid.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Lampard again for City. Turning out to be a very shrewd signing for them. We definitely misused him playing him defensive mid.

Cesc > Lamps

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cesc > Lamps

Certainly, it just saddens me to see him scoring for City. I'm happy for him though, many people wrote him off saying he had no business playing for a top side. Proven a few wrong for sure.

Happy with that game. 3 goals and a clean sheet.

Costa is just 12 goals short of Torres total goals in the Premier League for Chelsea. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement