Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newry to Dundalk Rd.

Options
  • 08-06-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Hi all Louth residents, can I ask a question.
    I just drove back to Dublin from Belfast, and noticed after Newry, a sign saying " Police Vehicles Only" at a small opening. Fair enough, speed Checks etc.

Then as I passed into Louth, a lay-bye with the normal "Garda Vehicles only, " again no issue, speed check etc.

So my question is how do they get there and back.

For example the PSNI, can drive direct from Newry, and set up, but how do they get back. They would have to drive into Louth, and take the exit at the Carrickdale Hotel, travel North, back onto the Main Rd

For our Gardai, they would have to go past the Carrickdale, into N I, onto the Main rd, and travel South.

Does this happen, how do the two forces co-operate, if one wants to set up a Speed Check,
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but am interested in how these things work in reality, or are the two signs just to deter speeding.

Comments

Advertisement