Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding affordable accommodation in Dublin

Options
  • 08-06-2014 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi everyone

I'm hoping to move to Dublin soon and was wondering if anyone could give me tips about finding affordable accommodation in the city centre, as most of the places posted on sites like rent.ie are a bit above my price range. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi everyone

I'm hoping to move to Dublin soon and was wondering if anyone could give me tips about finding affordable accommodation in the city centre, as most of the places posted on sites like rent.ie are a bit above my price range. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Rental properties in the city centre are expensive and rent is rising. If you want affordable then you need to look outside the centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

House share is the cheapest option. Would you consider a house share?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Saurophaganax

Are there any areas outside the city centre you would recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Are there any areas outside the city centre you would recommend?

It depends on where you're working or where you need to get to for college etc. No point moving somewhere that doesn't have good access to those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

You might also indicate what you regard as "affordable" as it's different for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 toliveistodie

I also may be moving to Dublin soon and am struggling to find accommodation. It seems anywhere half bit decent is just so expensive.

Advertisement