Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funlavin 5k and 10k - Sunday 29th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

May give this a go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

If anyone has a garmin link can you pop it up?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

Ososlo wrote: »
    If anyone has a garmin link can you pop it up?
    Thanks.
    Hi Ososlo, I know there were a couple of guys from an athletic club close by going to run both the 5k and 10k routes...I'll check with the club and see if they have a garmin link:) Failing that I could jog the 5k route in the next few days and try and post a garmin link.

FITZA wrote: »
    Hi Ososlo, I know there were a couple of guys from an athletic club close by going to run both the 5k and 10k routes...I'll check with the club and see if they have a garmin link:) Failing that I could jog the 5k route in the next few days and try and post a garmin link.

Ah that'd be super if possible! No probs if not:)

Ah that'd be super if possible! No probs if not:)

Hi Ososlo, here is my garmin link to the Funlavin 5k, the start is correct, however I think I might have turned approx. 50m too early but thats about all. I am now debating doing the 5k instead of the 10k:confused: The first 1k is almost all downhill:) Just in case you think I should be in the Olympics with my time...I drove the route:D
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/518118933

For anyone who might be thinking of doing the 10k I will put up garmin link tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Hi Ososlo, here is my garmin link to the Funlavin 5k, the start is correct, however I think I might have turned approx. 50m too early but thats about all. I am now debating doing the 5k instead of the 10k:confused: The first 1k is almost all downhill:) Just in case you think I should be in the Olympics with my time...I drove the route:D

Thank you so much:D
    Unfortunately though I can't see it:( Computer says no:o ..insufficient privilege . Your setting needs to be made public. Thanks again though!

Thank you so much:D
    Unfortunately though I can't see it:( Computer says no:o ..insufficient privilege . Your setting needs to be made public. Thanks again though!

:( Can anyone tell me how to do this??

:( Can anyone tell me how to do this??
    click on your name in Garmin Connect, then 'settings', then 'privacy' and click on 'everyone can see profile' or something like that!

click on your name in Garmin Connect, then 'settings', then 'privacy' and click on 'everyone can see profile' or something like that!

Thanks for that Ososlo....did what you said and hopefully you can access it now:)

Thanks for that Ososlo....did what you said and hopefully you can access it now:)

no:o
    Click on your name. Then 'profile'. Then 'edit profile'. Then 'privacy'. Then 'who can see my new activities' and change it to 'everyone'.
    We'll get there eventually:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

no:o
    Click on your name. Then 'profile'. Then 'edit profile'. Then 'privacy'. Then 'who can see my new activities' and change it to 'everyone'.
    We'll get there eventually:D

Afaik that only allows everyone to see all future runs.
    For an old activity to be seen by everyone go to the activity. Click on the 'lock' symbol (top left of the screen, to the right of the 'delete' symbol) and enable it to be seen by everyone.

menoscemo wrote: »
    For an old activity to be seen by everyone go to the activity. Click on the 'lock' symbol (top left of the screen, to the right of the 'delete' symbol) and enable it to be seen by everyone.

how come you know EVERYTHING:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

how come you know EVERYTHING:confused:

Too many years on this forum :(

Too many years on this forum :(

so someday we might all end up like you:eek:

Thanks Menoscemo & Ososlo....have done that...and now hopefullly it can be viewed. Have found information on Garmin that I didn't know was there:D

Thanks Menoscemo & Ososlo....have done that...and now hopefullly it can be viewed. Have found information on Garmin that I didn't know was there:D

Lovely! Nice elevation profile there:D and yes you should be going to Rio:D:D

Lovely! Nice elevation profile there:D and yes you should be going to Rio:D:D

At last:) It's amazing what a pair of racing flats can do for your times:D especially when worn in a car:P

Can you get the 10k link please?

Funlavin 10k Garmin Link....as with the 5k I drove the route:)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/518714910

Ah thanks looks handy enough! Might do this it's pretty close by :)

• Advertisement

thewolf_ie wrote: »
    Ah thanks looks handy enough! Might do this it's pretty close by :)

Did the 10k last year and am doing the 10k this year although 5k looks to be a real pb course. Some hills approx midway through the 10k but other than that its fairly ok and a straight run of almost 1k to the finish for both 5k and 10k...nice to see the 'Finish' in the distance:D

Funlavin 10k & 5k (should have posted this at the start of this thread!! Details from their flyer)

Its back....Funlavin is happening again this year on SUNDAY 29TH JUNE 2014 @ 11AM.
    It was such a success last year we hope we can all enjoy another fun day again this year. You can register on www.runireland.com or by clicking the link below.
    https://endurancecui.active.com/event-reg/select-race?e=6538853

The new faster flatter route around Dunlavin will be measured and timed. All chipped finishers will recieve accurate times and finishers medal with prizes for winners in 10k, 5k, over 50's and 10k & 5k Juvenile categories (U18). Refreshments afterwards!

5k Garmin Link - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/518118933

10k Garmin Link - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/518714910

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

I'll give the 5k a go for a new PB.

Stevo1983 wrote: »
    I'll give the 5k a go for a new PB.

Best of luck Stevo1983...hope you get a new PB:)

Message from the Organisers - We would encourage as many people as possible to register for Funlavin before the event. Last year registration was very busy and we have to make sure the race starts on time at 11am.
    We will be taking registrations at a stall this weekend at the Family Fun Day during the Dunlavin Arts Festival on Dunlavin Green, Sunday 22nd June.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Signed up this afternoon, see you next Sunday.

Stevo1983 wrote: »
    Signed up this afternoon, see you next Sunday.
    Thanks Stevo1983 :) I think their facebook message (above) was aimed at locals who, last year, left registration until the day which made for a busy morning!! Hope you enjoy your run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

The 10k seems pretty flat, is that in fact the case? Pretty likely to give this a go.

Basster wrote: »
    The 10k seems pretty flat, is that in fact the case? Pretty likely to give this a go.

Hi Basster, the first 2km are flat, a bit of a drag on the 3rd km, a nice downhill in the 4th km, then a couple of 'nice' (:rolleyes:)hills after that, but the last 3km is grand. I would not call it a 'flat' course but it is definitely flatter than last year. I am running the 10k on Sunday and have had a run on the new route. I ran last years and one hill in particular was vicious:D, gone this year:). Hopefully you will decide to give it a go:) Just to let you know the 5k is downhill for the 1st Km, slight drag on the 2nd km, then pretty much flat all the way. A PB course I would think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭vinny1313

Basster wrote: »

I took in the 5k route on a run last night and the 10k tonight. The 10k is a little bit up-and-down, but I only really felt the hill around 6k to be really noticeable, and it's not too bad. Overall a nice run.

The 5k has a very fast first km and is gently up and down after that, certainly a potential PB course, though to me not as enjoyable as the 10k route, as it's mostly a straight road out and back.

That being said I'll probably go with the 5k myself on Sunday.

Advertisement