Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 CSPE - Mon. June 9th 2014***

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Abalamic wrote: »
    I think I got the same as you, although don't forgot part 2 was marked out of 7, not 8

5/8 questions correct, not marks. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Just after realising I spelt sponsor wrong on my poster :( I'll only lose a mark or 2? Right??

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Xgracie wrote: »
    Just after realising I spelt sponsor wrong on my poster :( I'll only lose a mark or 2? Right??

Mightn't lose any (Don't quote me on that) .

It's not a spelling test :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Xgracie wrote: »

1 at the most doubt you'll lose any tbh its cspe

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭linguist

Just had a look over the paper this morning - CSPE teacher here if you weren't following the earlier thread.

For what it's worth, I think it was a more challenging paper than I was expecting. There was a lot of very specific knowledge required in Section 1. I feel that I had covered just about everything with my class but given that it's a common level subject, it is perhaps a lot to expect that weaker candidates would have recalled the appeal court referendum or specifically have looked at the European Court of Human Rights which is not part of the EU but actually the Council of Europe - a totally separate body. It does, however, sit in Strasbourg.

Of course, the point is made that exams are structured to differentiate between candidates of different abilities and that's fine, but I'm not sure how it promotes the subject by making people feel ignorant. Very few adults in the street would have answered all those questions correctly.

Again, on the EU question, candidates were asked for reasons why countries should work together. Now I know they'll be fairly lenient as regards acceptable answers, but there's a fairly high level of knowledge required to separate local, national and international issues and then expect candidates to come up with major issues that fall within the EU's remit. Obviously, anything from negotiating trade deals with large countries like the US or China to establishing fish quotas that are fair and conserve stocks, to combating cross-border crime etc. would have been acceptable. I just thought it was a trickier paper than maybe some have recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Liordi wrote: »
    Yeah, I did.
    Despise the posters.

What did you write about? :D

Yeah but didnt get it finished. Was about to start my last point for the e-mail part

Advertisement