Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven mortgages

• 08-06-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi does anyone know anything about Haven mortgages, are they good or bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Last year they became the broker arm of AIB. Prior to that they used to be the broker arm of EBS Building Society. As a mortgage broker, I've only started dealing with them since last year. In that space of time I've found them grand to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gillmc18

Thanks Liam, just a few people telling me their interest rate is very high? Or would it be the same as AIB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

gillmc18 wrote: »
    Thanks Liam, just a few people telling me their interest rate is very high? Or would it be the same as AIB?

Haven became the broker wing of AIB in July 2013. Prior to that they were the broker wing of EBS. They're like two different lenders - "old Haven" for anyone who was with them prior to July 2013 and "new Haven" for anyone new from July 2013 onwards. Most of the AIB staff we used to deal with moved to Haven and the office is now in AIB Bankcentre in Ballsbridge.

When they announced the move in July 2013 they said in writing that "mortgages will be priced at AIB rates and assessed under the existing AIB Group lending criteria."

Anyone who was with them prior to July 2013 is probably paying higher rates to "old Haven".

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gillmc18

Haven became the broker wing of AIB in July 2013. Prior to that they were the broker wing of EBS. They're like two different lenders - "old Haven" for anyone who was with them prior to July 2013 and "new Haven" for anyone new from July 2013 onwards. Most of the AIB staff we used to deal with moved to Haven and the office is now in AIB Bankcentre in Ballsbridge.

When they announced the move in July 2013 they said in writing that "mortgages will be priced at AIB rates and assessed under the existing AIB Group lending criteria."

Anyone who was with them prior to July 2013 is probably paying higher rates to "old Haven".

Great, thanks that's what I wanted to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

I am waiting to close out on a purchase of a house at the min. Closing date set for Wed this week. Haven havent officially released the money yet to the solicitor. Im just wondering is there a possibility they could turn around now at this point and say they are not releasing the money for any reason? My approval still has a month left before the offer expires.

Or am I just being nervous for nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Haven reduced their standard variable rate in November from 4.60% to 4.35% both for new and existing customers unlike other lenders who only reduced rates for new business. Haven also has the best 5 year fixed rate in the market at 3.90%. All their rates are competitive and they provide an excellent service.

gillmc18 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

There may be an item outstanding for them to issue the cheque such as direct debit, deed of assignment etc. Your Solicitor or broker will be able to tell you what is outstanding and when the cheque will issue....
    I am waiting to close out on a purchase of a house at the min. Closing date set for Wed this week. Haven havent officially released the money yet to the solicitor. Im just wondering is there a possibility they could turn around now at this point and say they are not releasing the money for any reason? My approval still has a month left before the offer expires.

Or am I just being nervous for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pandabear2

Hi,
    I know this is an old thread but wondering if anyone has any recent feedback on Haven?
    They have a high fixed rate but seem to have one of the lowest variable rates at the moment. If we fixed for a few years do you think by the time we would fall into the variable rate they would have increased it again? Maybe their variable rate is the cheapest at the moment as people are looking to fix?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Advertisement