Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gunmen attack Karachi airport.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Why, have Aer Lingus picketed the gate or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Funny that nobody seems to care because it's not America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Lead story on that Sky site. Headline on BBC news, just checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I know this is bad, but the first thing I thought of was Call of Duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's the main news item on Sky News, BBC World News, CNN, France 24 and Al Jazeera

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

It's not mentioned on the Waterford whisperer.

I call BS.

Durka Durka...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

And the herd swarms towards Europe

old_aussie wrote: »
    And the herd swarms towards Europe

Yup, that's the main issue in this story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Pakistan is rapidly going downhill in a big way.

The place is going to descend into a shítfest of war and terrorism in the coming years.

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »

The place is going to descend into a shítfest of war and terrorism in the coming years.

Ah yeah, it's been a peaceful place with strawberry rain and golden rainbows and kids skipping along with gumdrop smiles over the last dozen or so years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Anyone else notice this is vaguely similar to the mission in Call Of Duty MW2?

Kaiser D wrote: »

They have actually, someone already had that very original thought on this very thread.
    I sometimes read through a thread to see if someone has made an obvious joke before I do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ah yeah, it's been a peaceful place with strawberry rain and golden rainbows and kids skipping along with gumdrop smiles over the last dozen or so years.

Yeah that's exactly what I said in my post.

I just wish I could articulate it like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

They have actually, someone already had that very original thought on this very thread.
    I sometimes read through a thread to see if someone has made an obvious joke before I do it.

Wasn't really a joke. Dunno why you would view it as such really.

Yeah that's exactly what I said in my post.

I just wish I could articulate it like you.
    Yup, everyone wishes they were like me.
    Wasn't really a joke. Dunno why you would view it as such really.
    Maybe because someone else already did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Or maybe its because it kicked off so late last night and by the morning it seems to have mostly been covered by news websites so speculation is no longer needed.

You mean terrorists are learning from Video Games?

Oh no next thing they will be jumping on turtles or trying to catch wild animals in small balls.

You could say that about pretty much any attack or incident and not just with video games but movies too.

Live update of events on the Guardian website

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/08/karachi-airport-under-attack-by-militants-live-updates

Seems to have been a 2 stage attack same as seen in Kenya a few months ago
    Fresh violence broke out hours after the army said it had retaken control and all 10 attackers had been killed.

And the Pakistan Taliban have claimed responsability
    Shahidullah Shahid, a Taliban spokesman, was quoted as saying by Reuters on Monday: "It is a message to the Pakistan government that we are still alive to react over the killings of innocent people in bomb attacks on their villages."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

Yeah well you reap what you sow.

Pakistani leadership and the army have been happy to take American cash and at the same time fund the Taliban as their political tool in Afghanistan. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. If you want to give the likes of Bin Ladin a bolt hole and funnel money to extremists it shoud have come as no surprise to then that these whacky jihad types have a tendency to bite the hand that feeds, just ask the Americans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Yup, that's the main issue in this story.

Karachi airport is where they're going to swarm from.

O they're coming

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

zerks wrote: »
    Terrorists have attacked Karachi Airport,gun battles are taking place and planes are burning on the runways.

http://news.sky.com/story/1278232/deadly-terrorist-attack-on-karachi-airport

But what does Op think of it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement