Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blind for gabled dormer window

Options
  • 08-06-2014 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Any advice on a blind for a gabled dormer window with side glass as in the picture below (apologies for the poor quality photo)?

What I have in mind is a velux style blind running at an angle just inside the reveal. Anyone fitted something similar? Any suggestions for blind makers in Cork?

310176.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mrsvan

What about asking Acme blinds (whoever) to come out and have a look and maybe they will have some suggestions/quotes etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Not Acme, but I have asked elsewhere and have been met with blank incomprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

You could box in the reveal to the nearest velux size, but my recomendation would be to sue the architect, remove that window and fit a velux window and blind.

2 stroke wrote: »
    You could box in the reveal to the nearest velux size, but my recomendation would be to sue the architect, remove that window and fit a velux window and blind.
    Much as I'd like to sue my architect, this is one thing he's not responsible for ;)
    The house is a Victorian era listed building and the dormers are part of the original façade, which we love.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭wobbie10

Have a look at a website for Bloc blinds in northern Ireland. They have blinds that sit in a frame on the outside of reveal.

Cant see why the frame couldn't be fit with a slope.

Hope that helps you out.

• Advertisement

wobbie10 wrote: »
    Have a look at a website for Bloc blinds in northern Ireland. They have blinds that sit in a frame on the outside of reveal.

Cant see why the frame couldn't be fit with a slope.

Hope that helps you out.
    Thanks for the suggestion, will look into it.

Advertisement