Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - mic broke- replacement ?

Options
  • 08-06-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been trying the mic on the DS4 now and again and just came to a conclusion that its broke. I tried it out on my pc and it doesn't pick any mic when trying to do some recording. Then On the PS4 I went to party chat it has a mic crossed out for me.

Where can I get a replacement ? Something cheap.... please advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been trying the mic on the DS4 now and again and just came to a conclusion that its broke. I tried it out on my pc and it doesn't pick any mic when trying to do some recording. Then On the PS4 I went to party chat it has a mic crossed out for me.

Well it may be broken but most PCs aren't able to use the 4-pole 3.5mm in any case so that's not really telling. Can't look now but go onto the settings page on your PS4 and see if it's picking it up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hi,

Try sending a voice message to yourself and hold the PS button, go to adjust devices and make sure output to headphones is on chat audio...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

its not giving any life signs in settings. It just shows it as disabled.I have a cheap bluetooth headset from the PS3 but pairs badly and I would like to get a cheap replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Its ok, I got a mic/ear piece from a Sony phone I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Its ok, I got a mic/ear piece from a Sony phone I have.

This actually looks alright for 33 quid...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1701645/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+HEADSET.htm

• Advertisement
Advertisement