Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need advice as a complete beginner on the Guitar

Options
  • 08-06-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have found a Epiphone PR 300 Gibson guitar in my fathers shed by the markings its between 25 - 28 years old . I need any advice in relation to this guitar as i am a singer on the cabaret scene and have a keen interest in music i have previously studied the piano and am wondering if this type of guitar would be a good choice for a beginner. I have absolutely no previous experience with a guitar hence why i seek council from anybody that might help.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

rainman2 wrote: »
    I have found a Epiphone PR 300 Gibson guitar in my fathers shed by the markings its between 25 - 28 years old . I need any advice in relation to this guitar as i am a singer on the cabaret scene and have a keen interest in music i have previously studied the piano and am wondering if this type of guitar would be a good choice for a beginner. I have absolutely no previous experience with a guitar hence why i seek council from anybody that might help.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

it may need a service but as long as it has been stored properly and hasn't warped it should be fine to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seanbarrow

Take it to your local shop or 'guitar doctor' and have them take a look at it and put on new strings. Playing wise it shouldnt make any difference, if you dont have a hard case, get one, and look after your guitar. Good look in your guitaring endeavours!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

what way do you want to do this? just learn to strum along to your singing or go through the grades with a teacher.

if it is to strum along with your singing buy a chord book and look up a site like
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ pick a song you like that has simple major and minor chords and learn that.

practice every day to harden up the tips of your fingers.

you past on the piano will help you with chords. good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

http://www.justinguitar.com/

tgreat site to learn from imo!

Advertisement