Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phibsborough, Dublin 7

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

A burrito place in the location would clean up with people looking for a quick bite before games in Dalymount.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

All the charity shops moved in because there was no viable tenant looking for those buildings.
    They are all paying below market rates in rent.

A burrito place would do well me thinks , but I wouldn't rely on the 7 lads who go to bohs games these days for the business case

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Controversial! Aren't the Bohs games regularly sold out? If it opened later than McGowans it's guaranteed to be a success.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

hankless wrote: »
    Controversial! Aren't the Bohs games regularly sold out? If it opened later than McGowans it's guaranteed to be a success.

Every home league game this season has been sold out (Home tickets at least)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pmcc1

I saw a hipster eating a burrito once.. or he could have been a Shels supporter. He had no socks and a beard at any rate.
    Sure to do well in Phibs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Zipppy wrote: »
    Scaffolding up at Doyle's corner on old bookies building (the only vacant corner)
    I wonder what's happening ? #exciting
    Repairs. To windows most likely. There is no planning application on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

pmcc1 wrote:
    God forbid that prominent site be made a Dealz! I’ve said it before - and here it comes again: there’s a gap in the market for a BooJum / Pablo Picante branch in Phibsboro. Further statements in this vein will issue until a phibsburrito is stuffed into me gob. {as an aside, Kebab House, beside Rothar do a top notch kebab on naan baked as you wait. The chap that runs it is a lovely fella too, with his kids’ drawings up behind the counter, which is nice to see}. Burritos & Kebabs. I’m a classy guy.

phibsburrito.... I love it :)
    Could catch on....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

pmcc1 wrote: »
    I saw a hipster eating a burrito once.. or he could have been a Shels supporter. He had no socks and a beard at any rate.
    Sure to do well in Phibs.

Bohs are the hipster club... we don't do trends in Tolka ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

GLaDOS wrote: »
    A burrito place in the location would clean up with people looking for a quick bite before games in Dalymount.

Considering Grangegorman campus down the road will be fully operational in a couple of years and 100s more student accommodation spaces will come on stream, a burrito place will clean up alright. Phibsboro always was a student address anyway.

That's great news about the new hotel taking up the entire strip (I thought it was just the old ice rink building). That will majorly improve that stretch.

Some more info on the Tesco vs Phibsboro SC battle.

https://dublingazette.com/news/news-city-edition/phibsboro-tesco-47852/

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

On this kind of thing:

https://www.thejournal.ie/garda-attacks-north-inner-city-4254944-Sep2018/

Have been living in Phibsborough for 3 years, and recently have definitely noticed more of a dodgy presence recently near the Volunteer Statue and in the basin itself. Guys who aren't obviously homeless just hanging around, not looking like they are waiting for a hot date to show up.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed?

• Advertisement

jpm4 wrote:
    Have been living in Phibsborough for 3 years, and recently have definitely noticed more of a dodgy presence recently near the Volunteer Statue and in the basin itself. Guys who aren't obviously homeless just hanging around, not looking like they are waiting for a hot date to show up.

jpm4 wrote:

I grew up in phibs and still live here...basin wad always a dodgy place..pedos everywhere if I recall.. we kept well clear of it.
    Has been upsurge of car break ins around my area of late...

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

I grew up in phibs and still live here...basin wad always a dodgy place..pedos everywhere if I recall.. we kept well clear of it.
    Has been upsurge of car break ins around my area of late...

I doubt they are pedos - almost certainly drug dealers though.

jpm4 wrote:
    I doubt they are pedos - almost certainly drug dealers though.

This is back in the day.. and believe me they were...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭niconline76

jpm4 wrote: »
    On this kind of thing:

https://www.thejournal.ie/garda-attacks-north-inner-city-4254944-Sep2018/

Yes it did get noticeably worse in recent weeks/months with constant open drug dealings outside Tesco and sorroundings.I heard this could be due to Gardai crackdown in other more inner city areas but who knows. If the shopping centre redevelopment goes ahead maybe new shop owners’ vigilance and increased footfall may help at least reporting but if it doesn’t can’t see margins of improvement. An hotel opposite 2 Boys Brew, although not my favourite choice, should at least help cleaning a bit that dodgy steps

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Phibsborough is crying out for a burrito joint. It would do amazing business in Phibsborough.

I really want to see the monstrosity of the shopping centre redeveloped ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wayne Gorsky

Yes it did get noticeably worse in recent weeks/months with constant open drug dealings outside Tesco and sorroundings.I heard this could be due to Gardai crackdown in other more inner city areas but who knows. If the shopping centre redevelopment goes ahead maybe new shop owners’ vigilance and increased footfall may help at least reporting but if it doesn’t can’t see margins of improvement. An hotel opposite 2 Boys Brew, although not my favourite choice, should at least help cleaning a bit that dodgy steps

yup, noticed that too...

ongarboy wrote: »
    [...] A Fallon & Byrne or Donnybrook Fair style food shop would be great alright. [...]

totally, a nice upmarket food shop is what the area really needs most imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I am now officially a Phibsborough resident as of this week. And yes couldn't agree more that a burrito place would be great. I can take or leave the upmarket food places but that's just me, I always think they're poor value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Honest 2 Goodness market in Glasnevin is only round the corner every Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Noms stocks some nice foods. It's not a deli, but it has a lot of great ingredients unavailable in most of the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Honest 2 Goodness market in Glasnevin is only round the corner every Saturday morning.

very good market that

De Bhál wrote: »
    very good market that

Will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Will check it out

bring cash

I usually spend more than I ought to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bredabe

From Harts corner to DIT Grangegorman, which is the closest and safest Luas terminal at night?
    Looking at the map they seem to be much the same, but IRL maybe different.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Bredabe wrote: »
    From Harts corner to DIT Grangegorman, which is the closest and safest Luas terminal at night?
    Looking at the map they seem to be much the same, but IRL maybe different.

Walking wise Cabra is probably slightly closer. I think both would be safe walks but if you are worried, then the walk to the phibsboro stop would be along a busier / brighter street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bredabe

matrim wrote: »
    Walking wise Cabra is probably slightly closer. I think both would be safe walks but if you are worried, then the walk to the phibsboro stop would be along a busier / brighter street.
    Thanks, how far away from the Tesco, is the cabra luas stop?(just curious)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Bredabe wrote: »

You can see it on Google maps but maybe a 10 min walk down Connaught St.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

This is back in the day.. and believe me they were...

Go on..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bredabe wrote:

Yes it is a short walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I seen there is a Kennedys Food store just down from Loretta's on Doyles Corner - haven't been in it but does it offer food a little more upmarket than your usual Spar/Centra?

Advertisement