Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warm and sunny, possibly very warm weather later from 11th to 19th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wall to wall sunshine finally arrived in Dublin and temperatures responding nicely. Spare a thought for our neigbours across the water though where for most of England and Wales it's a dreary, cloudy and cool day with temps in the low teens. It could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Wall to wall sunshine finally arrived in Dublin and temperatures responding nicely. Spare a thought for our neigbours across the water though where for most of England and Wales it's a dreary, cloudy and cool day with temps in the low teens. It could be worse.

I don't know how people can find it warm.

I'm in Dublin city centre, cloud has lifted but it's by no means warm, cooling breeze as well.

I often find it amazing how people can find it 'hot' here.

It depends on your expectation I suppose. I'm north of the city center, it's 20.6c here currently with a light sea breeze, and it feels warm. That is warm for Ireland historically. Unfortunately our treshold for what is considered "warm" is much lower than other continental countries for good reason and this is seen in the 60 year average temperatures which needless to say have Ireland languishing at the bottom in a European context.

We'll take what we can get. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't know how people can find it warm.

I'm in Dublin city centre, cloud has lifted but it's by no means warm, cooling breeze as well.

I often find it amazing how people can find it 'hot' here.

Yeah, it's definitely not hot in Dublin today, but it's warm. Still though, depends on the individual.

And mid to high twenties is going to feel hot to Irish people because we are not acclimatised to it. It's all relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RED L4 0TH

Image at 1429. Interesting small feature off the SW coast.

311071.jpg

Higher res image of this feature.

311073.jpg

• Advertisement

The chances of the fine weather lasting in to the weekend are steadily getting better. We are seeing less emphasis on a direct northerly flow that would have dropped temperatures quite a bit and more emphasis on high pressure remaining very near Ireland just to the northwest and a light northwesterly or variable flow with warm air remaining across the southern half of Ireland. For far northern parts it still looks a cloudier, colder end to the week but I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of us might get away with it and remain on the relatively warm side with some decent sunshine.

So by Friday for example high pressure well in control. We are still on the very warm side and this is a trend hopefully we continue to see build.

Recm962.gif

But we'll see. Changes to come yet. Unlikely the bbq needs to go back in the garage on Thursday icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

looks like it could become 'hot' locally here in the west tomorrow. Met Eireann have issued the following heat warning!

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

High Temperature Warning for Connacht

Temperatures will reach highs of between 27 and 29 degrees during Wednesday.
    Issued:
    Tuesday 17 June 2014 18:00
    Valid:
    Wednesday 18 June 2014 12:00 to Wednesday 18 June 2014 18:00

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

looks like it could become 'hot' locally here in the west tomorrow. Met Eireann have issued the following heat warning!

STATUS YELLOW

Issued:
    Valid:

the first weather warning by met eireann that all people should like

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lots don't like hot weather...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

todays temperature profile,not the usual scenario,with the warmth building in the west of ireland and the more benign temperatures in south east England.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

RobertKK wrote: »
    Lots don't like hot weather...

Would you like 130km/h winds and heavy rain then 5c temps? you can have that weather in your part of the country, lol.. i for one am sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Got to 22.8c in sligo

Tomorrow hotter but could be Galway and Clare that are hottest and Newport of course in aptly named furnace. Then borderline cool air close by and temps 16 to 22

The weekend and in to next week - really good signs that very warm weather with lots of sunshine may just hold on after a bit of a blip for a time on Thursday and Friday with more in the way of cloud and temperatures of 16 - 21c those days. After that we could have a very pleasant weekend - which is what people really want. All well and good the nice weather now it's just unfortunate people are in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

STATUS YELLOW

Issued:
    Valid:

Should print that and have it framed! Not often we get a weather warning because of excessive heat, a very welcome change after this winter with the relentless wind storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Still 25 at Shannon at 8pm and 20 or above at 15 other met stations - who knew we'd have a second summer in a row with a real taste of heat!!

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

24 degrees at Shannon on the 2100 reports. not many evenings/nights of the year you will read that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

The models are starting to become very July 2013 esque. Some sort of breakdown getting pushed further and further into FI

Decent upgrade of temps, sunshine and pressure on the 18z GFS for the weekend. It looks good right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

24 degrees at Shannon on the 2100 reports. not many evenings/nights of the year you will read that!!

Wonder what the record high minimum is...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Max temp in Galway city yesterday was 25.3C at 15.13PM with 10.9hrs of sunshine recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Shannon Airport reported a high of 25.8 yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Sea fog rolling in to Dublin now.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Serious weather here in Galway. Yesterday was like Spain in salt hill. Am i glad tues/wed/thurs are my days off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Full sky of thick Grey cloud....how the hell is this after forming in the last form minutes?!? (S.Kildare)

Wicklow Mountains + this wind direction is bloody killing my midday the last two days, clouds just rolling down off them with ckear skies 10 minutes up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have scattered clouds here too John typical mountains. Im confident of it clearing later though with the rising heat stronger sun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Shannon Airport reported a high of 25.8 yesterday.

It also had the highest in May and several other days recently, seems surprising being on the Estuary and not far from the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

sligo is 8c behind the rest of Ireland today

15c fog vs 23c sun

sunny now and 17c

satellite would seem to suggest cloudy skies tomorrow though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

I think you might be ramping a bit, Kermit. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

I'm 24°C in the shade, WS says 28°C almost still with a light breeze. Sun splitting the stones but Clouds are gathering as expected and will probably cloud over before too much longer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement