Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

convert swf file

Options
  • 09-06-2014 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hello, can anyone do me a favour and convert an smf file to mp4 for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 strictlycash

I tried that Ken, it seemed the perfect solution, but the animation didn't come through, just the audio.

Solomafioso, I may try that later on, just right now I don't want to download any more stuff to my PC.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Solomafioso, I may try that later on, just right now I don't want to download any more stuff to my PC.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

No worries. I've used that program Format Factory before. And can vouch for the Video Downloadhelper extension in Firefox. Very handy, as it directly converts the flash to mp4.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

This might - *it will ask if you want to set Ask.com as your default search

http://www.ytddownloader.com/download.html

• Advertisement

YTD seems to convert videos (in video format) to other formats, and asked for the URL of the clip I want to convert, which I don't have, only having the file itself on my PC.

On the second tab "Convert" you can select a local file from your pc

D'Oh! I thought the Convert tag was greyed. Well I tried that now and the audio came through, but not the animation.

Really rough workaround if its not a huge file, might work

Upload it to your Youtube account, and convert it from there

Then delete it from Youtube

OK, tried that, got so far, then YouTube failed to proceed, after getting a message that there was no video content. That seems to be the problem, the video side of it, I may go back to the source again.

Thanks everyone for all the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement