Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 10th Jun 20:00 BEN2 FB Monks

Options
  • 09-06-2014 9:18am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Last week was one of those games where nothing went right and those games happen, we need to really stop the bitching or we'll no chance at all of reeling in Ballalley.

On to this weeks game, its on the big pitch so we'll need plenty of positive communication and we also need to break quickly to help Derek or he'll be isolated up top

Cathal -
    Ciaran -
    Cillian - In
    Conor -
    Damo - In
    Darren - in
    Derek - In
    Derek McL - in
    Ed -
    Jules -
    Keith - in
    Kings -
    SteK -
    SteMcd -
    Julius - Out
    Dereks Cousin - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 19 paradigm

iN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

I'm flying in tomorrow but should be back in time so put me down as IN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

In also so is my cousin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any chance ye could ask Clay/Liam? still not in great shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DeviantD

I am inn. Derek

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CaesersSon

I'm out - caught a cold on the weekend :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Lads, Stephen who played CM for us in the friendly in Benildus a while back is on for playing tonight. He could do with a lift from city centre or Sandymount so if anyone is coming from that direction, please post here and we'll arrange it. His username is Easy Rod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Cathal - in
    Ciaran - away
    Cillian - In
    Conor - in
    Damo - In
    Darren - in
    Derek - In
    Derek McL - in
    Ed -
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings - in
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in
    Julius - Out
    Brian - In

Clay can't play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Clay can't play

Neither can Liam.

Ed?

• Advertisement

Neither can Liam.

Ed?

lads, i am out unfortunately. should be back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Lads, Stephen who played CM for us in the friendly in Benildus a while back is on for playing tonight. He could do with a lift from city centre or Sandymount so if anyone is coming from that direction, please post here and we'll arrange it. His username is Easy Rod

Hi lads, just bumping this.

Car in the garage at the moment so no transport.

Think there's a bus I can get nearby my house but it seems pretty irregular so obviously a lift would be better!

Cheers

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Hi lads, just bumping this.

Car in the garage at the moment so no transport.

Think there's a bus I can get nearby my house but it seems pretty irregular so obviously a lift would be better!

Cheers

if you are city center, then the luas goes right there...Kilmacud luas stop is next to the pitch.

buses aint great in that direction, but the number 11 goes there i reckon so check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

if you are city center, then the luas goes right there...Kilmacud luas stop is next to the pitch.

buses aint great in that direction, but the number 11 goes there i reckon so check that out.

I'm Irishtown/Sandymount, no. 47 goes by my road but timing will be slightly off as it's irregular.

I also am a Northsider by birth so lost on the Southside in general!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

hey mate, if you can get the dart to blackrock i can pick you up, can drop you back there aswell

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

1-1, we played well but as Des said we didnt test their keeper(s) more

1-1, we played well but as Des said we didnt test their keeper(s) more

shame, with Ballalley drawing it was a chance to close the gape to 3 points.

dropping far too many points this year :(

Sounds like a stupid excuse but we'd have won by quite a bit on the other pitch. Just harder to get the bloody ball in the net on that pitch.
    Frustrating to lose the two points but to be honest I enjoyed playing the match as we played some pretty good stuff at times. And we played for each other as well so hopefully we can push on.

Yeh, not much more to add. With the possession and some of the chances we made, on another night, it'd have been a handy 3-1 win. But there was a lot to like about the workrate, and yeh we could all show more composure in not trying too much with first touch, just taking it in and using the space on that pitch to do something with it once it's under control, but we were a lot better on the keeping the patience front than recently.

Good to see the strong performances from some new recruits and lads like SteMc (who nearly scored a belter, hammered the bar from 20 yards) and Conor showing what they can offer in positions we haven't seen much of them in previously. All that gives us some more flexibility.

More forward passing is needed it goes wide too much when a quick short pass upto me would create different problems for the centre halfs to deal with,
    When your outnumbered 2/1 like I am usually relentless wing play or lobbing it up to me will be easier for them to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 paradigm

I won't say much only that we are 6 points off the pace and still in 2nd. We have to play balal once more and I'm sure points will be dropped.

We are still in this league, it's not over by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

sucks that we had a chance to catch points on ball alley but thought there were a lot of positives to take from the game itself.

on a personal note, my passing let me down big time. dunno wtf was going on there.

another good thing is that our next 3 games are against the bottom 3 teams in the league so hopefully we'll gain some momentum, catch up so points on ball alley, and keep pushing on from there.

mrDerek wrote: »
    More forward passing is needed it goes wide too much when a quick short pass upto me would create different problems for the centre halfs to deal with,
    When your outnumbered 2/1 like I am usually relentless wing play or lobbing it up to me will be easier for them to deal with.

Yeh I agree. Think we've recently started playing a bit more of those balls to feet but need to do more through CMs and it's actually often on for fullbacks to play it to strikes feet too. When it pays off it gives more penetration than whipping in crosses from out wide. So, some progress and opportunity for more.

paradigm wrote: »
    I won't say much only that we are 6 points off the pace and still in 2nd. We have to play balal once more and I'm sure points will be dropped.

Well said

paradigm wrote: »

Astro haven't updated our result from last night yet so we're actually five points off them but they have a game in hand (so they're potentially 8 points clear).

Still a way to go though so it's still there for us...

In the next 4 games ball alley have to play Exeter though with them having 4 points 3 of which came from a win over bottom Accenture last night we won't be expecting much in terms of points dropped there.
    But the following 3 weeks they have bynmellon who beat us
    The full Irish who despite losing 4-1 to us gave us a tough aul game
    And the monks who can give anybody a tough time.
    So plenty of potential for them to drop points and they still have to come at us on the smaller pitch this leagues far from over.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

Sorry about last night lads I was particularly awful! every1 else did really well dominating their part of the field! only thing missing was attempts on goal, Agree with Damo on the smaller pitch we might have massacred them!
    Plus I was defo brought down in the box in the first half so shoulda maybe done better if not for refs bad call!

Keaner wrote: »
    Plus I was defo brought down in the box in the first half so shoulda maybe done better if not for refs bad call!

Were you?! You got back up almost apologetically - I assumed you'd just chanced your arm and dived.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Keaner

yeah I was taken out of it without a doubt, that ref is awful if you start shouting at him so I didn't say anything thinking it was a stonewaller!

• Advertisement

you need a positive mental attitude Ste, you slate yourself each week man!

You and Jules werent given any help in the first half the ball in 9 out of 10 cases went right, no player can do much if they dont have the ball.

I was just saying to Jules earlier, As the keeper last night the vacuum on the left was incredible. One a few occasions there were the 2 of you guys and 1 defender and the ball seemed to stick on the right. Definitely something we need to actively look at during games.

I still think we are right in this league, to echo what Derek has said, Ballalley will drops points somewhere along the line, we just need to make sure dont

Advertisement