Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Toshiba hard drive

Options
  • 09-06-2014 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi,

In the last few days I have started receiving warnings about the imminent failure of my hard drive. There is no obvious sign of a problem, i.e. no clicking or other funny sounds from the disk. It is a Toshiba Satellite Pro C660, only two-and-a-half years old and never been dropped or submerged in water. However, I am keeping everything backed up and am bracing myself for the day when the laptop finally crashes.

In the meantime, I am looking at the possibility of a replacement hard drive which I could fit myself. I am not technically qualified but it seems straightforward.

My only worry is the Windows 7 OS that came with the laptop. I don't have any CD so how would I transfer it on to the new disk if the worst happens?

Comments

Advertisement