Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charges

Options
  • 09-06-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a letter the other day which states that I owe BOI €44 odd in bank charges.

This is extremely expensive and the highest charge I've had to pay in many years.

Have the charges increased? It looks like I will be moving my current account elsewhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Sadderday, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards. 

The Fee Notification Statement you received should give a break-down of the fees on your account and show the transaction types that you use most. 

We have information on how to minimise or avoid fees here

There are a number of tools on the Bank of Ireland website to help with finances. The Budget Planner is something a lot of our customers find useful. 

If you wish to discuss the fees/charges on your account, a Customer Advisor will be happy to help. You can find a full list of our branch contact numbers here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

It has come to my attention, if you bring in coins to be changed into notes i.e 30e,  there is a significant charge of over 70c on your Bank Statement.  Nothing FREE in the banks. Soon they will be charging for the coin bags!! Maybe they are already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi hillbloom,

Thank you for your post on boards.

For personal customers we are aware of a 40c charge to lodge coin to your account. If you feel you may have been overcharged please contact your branch directly where a representative will be more than happy to look into this further for you.

However if you hold a Business Account, charges can differ slightly. We would ask that you contact the Business Advisor in your branch who will be more than happy to query this further and calculate the charges on your account. Branch details can be located here.

If we can assist you with anything else please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Advertisement