Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I went for a Spin...

• 08-06-2014 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Today myself and Jvan went and done a charity run around Wicklow

Left Bray at 11:30 this morning in torrential rain headed up over Sallys Gap, over to the Blessington Lakes, on to the N81 and up over the Wicklow gap, down in to Laragh, Roundwood, Kilmac and back to Bray for a BBQ in the Bray Lakers Center

Was on two minds whether to even go to this with the weather this morning but in the end i was glad as they need to raise every penny they can, its a great service they run for disabled people in our area with very little funding or help from state bodies

Anyway hers a couple of pics

Lovely Sp1
    image1_zpscdcfc50e.jpeg

A Mv Agusta
    image2_zps42fcf912.jpeg

And a snap of the bikes at the filter beds in roundwood
    image3_zps4b17a828.jpeg

Overall was a good day out for a good cause

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Yeah, sorry about dragging you out in that weather but just think of all the fun you'll have making the bike sparkling clean again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That MV Agusta is an amazing looking bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Unreal in the flesh and sounded amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Thats some seriously big bladder on that guy..................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

Ha ha very good!!

• Advertisement

Lol took me a second to get that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,615 ✭✭✭prunudo

Wasn't much fun when the cars sped through it drowning everyone :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Done 100km today,all back roads.

Image_zps96482c25.jpg
    photo_zps2ec77d54.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25 rondemole

that the tower in ardmore? what the roads like down there?

rondemole wrote: »
    that the tower in ardmore? what the roads like down there?

Ardmore yes!
    I stayed off the main road and went to Dungarvan,Ring,Ardmore etc.
    Roads were good for the bike I was on but would not be great for a sports bike.

• Advertisement

lol, i just got my first sports bike, quickly discovering that i dont like some of my old routes anymore!

lol, i just got my first sports bike, quickly discovering that i dont like some of my old routes anymore!

What did you get?
    You need 2 bikes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

blade1 wrote: »
    What did you get?
    You need 2 bikes :pac:
    Only two?

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Only two?

Minimum!!!

The lad I bought the Mz in the picture above had 35.
    Wasn't too keen on getting rid of the Mz but he needed a bit of space.

Ardmore yes!
    I stayed off the main road and went to Dungarvan,Ring,Ardmore etc.
    Roads were good for the bike I was on but would not be great for a sports bike.

Thought it looked familiar, have a photo from the exact same place, it was on the photo rally a few years back.

roundtower_zpsf17d0c72.jpg

Minimum!!!

The lad I bought the Mz in the picture above had 35.
    Wasn't too keen on getting rid of the Mz but he needed a bit of space.

A lad I know has 17! I would too if I had the money

well new to me anyhow, got a cbr 600, still adjusting to the new riding position and the fact u feel every bump! would love a few bikes alright butnot gonna happen for a while anyhow!

well new to me anyhow, got a cbr 600, still adjusting to the new riding position and the fact u feel every bump! would love a few bikes alright butnot gonna happen for a while anyhow!

Ah, you'll be used to it in no time!
    What had you before that?

Ah, you'll be used to it in no time!
    What had you before that?

had a little er5, was off bikes then for nearly 3 years so that didnt help either! glad to be back though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Got out for a good hundred miles today with my buddy, unfortunately he's a cruiser head who doesn't like twisties and prefers dual carrageways.... but better than nothing :pac:

Cork>Youghal>Just across the border to Waterford>Garryvoe>Cork. Loads of other bikes around. The weather was perfect :D

• Advertisement

Got out for a good hundred miles today with my buddy, unfortunately he's a cruiser head who doesn't like twisties and prefers dual carrageways.... but better than nothing :pac:

Cork>Youghal>Just across the border to Waterford>Garryvoe>Cork. Loads of other bikes around. The weather was perfect :D

You were in my neck of the woods so.
    I was out around Midleton,Youghal,Tallow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Went to the perfumery in the Burren today with some friends. Curiously not a watercooled bike amongst us- and all twins !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 44 FarmersSon

180 odd miles yesterday, via the Mourne Coastal route, Dundrum, Newcastle, Kilkeel, Warrenpoint and on to Newry, then over to Carlingford (first time in Carlingford), Dundalk, then back north to Banbridge, Tandragee, Gilford, Armagh, Portadown and home to Hillsborough.

Was absolutely knackered afterwards and ended up in bed at 7pm!!

Was up and getting ready to go to work this morning when i got a call to say the job had been put on hold for today

Was delighted tbh with the weather outside

Went up over sally gap and all around Co Wicklow today

Glorious weather and very little traffic on the roads what more could you ask for

4491d226-9409-4064-ba2e-80f00877ffb9_zpsb8e4f801.jpg

15168790-8af0-40ad-955d-c2827c34057c_zps11a6d4d7.jpg

1610b04f-e67b-4a9c-b736-d5394cffcd35_zpsb43376a2.jpg

Nice one Nerrad!

Advertisement