Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After school services in Salthill or City Centre

Options
  • 09-06-2014 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for afterschool services in the City Centre or in the Salthill (ideally) area.

The Knocknacarra area has a lot of places that do afterschool but this doesn't suit unfortunately. Neither does Newcastle or around that area.

I am looking for a creche-type place that does a dinner in the evening. Collections from the school is not a deal-breaker as I can drop my child myself.

So, if anyone knows of an afterschool in Salthill (the place has to do a dinner), please let me know. I have googled it to death but can't find anything.

If I absolutely HAD TO...I could drop my child to the outskirts of Knocknacarra...I saw two places that might be just within reaching distance...Jack and Jill on the Shangort Road and Little Rascals on the Shangort Road. Any feedback on either of these two places?

But as I said, Salthill area would be better. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

My sister in law had a similar dilemma 2 years ago. She put an ad in the paper seeking someone to do this in their own home. She specifically wanted a mother with kids in the same school and she got it. They were picked up by a mum who brought them home, fed them and supervised home work. They were in a warm and secure environment and the other woman got paid.

Win win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Paddyfield wrote: »
    My sister in law had a similar dilemma 2 years ago. She put an ad in the paper seeking someone to do this in their own home. She specifically wanted a mother with kids in the same school and she got it. They were picked up by a mum who brought them home, fed them and supervised home work. They were in a warm and secure environment and the other woman got paid.

Win win.

Thanks. I had already thought of a childminder but there's no cover if this person is sick and/or takes their own holidays. I wouldn't have enough of my own holiday leave to cover things like this so I need somewhere like a creche that can take children all year round.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I dunno .. but I've never heard of a childcare service that does an evening meal (maybe I'm just behind the times).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I dunno .. but I've never heard of a childcare service that does an evening meal (maybe I'm just behind the times).

They all do...in Knocknacarra anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

Hi Galwaygirlee,
    I remember a few years back trying to arrange after school care for my two boys and I was really impressed with one in Highfield Park. I think its called Cuddles. What stood out for me was that it was a very hot day and all the children were out playing in a beautiful sunny garden obviously well supervised. The only reason I didn't go for it was because I managed to find a really good childminder very close to my boys school. I know you mentioned that you don't want a childminder as it may not be feasible but if you change your mind, please pm me and Ill give you her details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

Sorry OP, just noticed that you mentioned that the Newcastle area doesn't suit. I must be half asleep, off to bed methinks.

Advertisement