Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was I speeding??

Options
  • 09-06-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I was dropping a friend home and was travelling along the R825 (Lower kilmacud road) at 80kmh. When i saw a Garda speed van hiding behind a row of parked cars. Im afraid i was speeding but i dont know the speed limit on that road. It is a regional road so id assume its 80kmh (the speed i was doing) but its also got houses so is residential? Anyone know the limit on this road. I cant afford to get 2 points for speeding hahahah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Definitely a 50 limit.

Your goose is cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭jordanfaf

Valetta wrote: »
    Definitely a 50 limit.

Your goose is cooked.

NOOOOOO! I thought all regional roads were 80! When can i expect the fine in the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Ranelagh Road is the R117.

Do you really think you can drive through Ranelagh village at 80??????

Most main roads in Dublin are assigned an "R" number.

The limit in any built up area is 50 unless otherwise indicated.

Valetta wrote: »
    Ranelagh Road is the R117.

Do you really think you can drive through Ranelagh village at 80??????

Most main roads in Dublin are assigned an "R" number.

The limit in any built up area is 50 unless otherwise indicated.

Ahh crap. Mum and dad wont be happy so!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

jordanfaf wrote: »
    NOOOOOO! I thought all regional roads were 80! When can i expect the fine in the post?

All roads in DLR are 50 unless otherwise stated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ahh crap. Mum and dad wont be happy so!

A learning experience, young man!

L plates were up, I presume?

:D

endacl wrote: »
    A learning experience, young man!

L plates were up, I presume?

:D

Haha not for me i passed my test first try last month. And in the center eith the lowest pass rate in the country (Rathgar). Im a good driver just go too fast everywhere much like everyone in the family. Mum just got a new E250 yesterday and was caught speeding. Thankfully sjes still on the british plates so didnt get the fines.

Haha not for me i passed my test first try last month. And in the center eith the lowest pass rate in the country (Rathgar). Im a good driver just go too fast everywhere much like everyone in the family. Mum just got a new E250 yesterday and was caught speeding. Thankfully sjes still on the british plates so didnt get the fines.

I don't know if 'thankfully' will earn you a favourable response on here!

Well done on getting the test first time. Cool the jets a bit though, so you keep the license.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Im a good driver just go too fast everywhere

So your not a good driver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Stay off my roads. Try your 80 somewhere where the limit is actually 80 and not where our kids are playing.

z

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

80 on that road is pushing it!

80 on that road is pushing it!

Yea your right. But it was 1AM and the roads were empty and im evidentialy a bit silly for caveing to the urge of going a bit faster.

Yea your right. But it was 1AM and the roads were empty and im evidentialy a bit silly for caveing to the urge of going a bit faster.

The roads were dark, and the people stumbling along beside them were likely drunk.

Are you sure you passed your test?

You're not silly. You're young. And you're also the reason why your insurance will cost so much till you're not so young any more. Have a think about that. Also, what's the point of racing to the next traffic light? You'll only be waiting longer at it. And looking like a bit of a tool on the way.

;)

I remember when I knew it all. Long time ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

I got caught doing 57kph on lwr kilmacud rd a few months back.
    €80 fine and paid in post office , having to show my license.
    2 weeks later got notice that I received 2 penalty points too, so affects your insurance cost too.

I tried driving down that road at quiet times at 50kph, and very hard to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Thankfully sjes still on the british plates so didnt get the fines.

Thankfully, she won't be able to escape penalty points for too much longer by illegally driving a UK registered car here;

http://www.thejournal.ie/penalty-points-cross-border-ireland-623966-Oct2012/

Little over a week since i posted this. Still nothing in the post about penalty points or fines. Beginning to wonder if i was caught as i was told the cameras flash when taking the pictures? I thouth the mobile units didnt but my dads pretty adimant they do. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The cameras on mobile vans do NOT flash.

You can expect to wait anything up to six weeks for written notice of the offence.

I do hope they havent missed you, the nonsense you came out with about your understanding of speed limits makes me wonder what else you dont know or dont bother about. As far as im concerned you didn't deserve to pass that test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Little over a week since i posted this. Still nothing in the post about penalty points or fines. Beginning to wonder if i was caught as i was told the cameras flash when taking the pictures? I thouth the mobile units didnt but my dads pretty adimant they do. Any ideas?

It might take much longer.
    You sound like a horrible driver btw, do it a couple of times and you'll be off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

I got a speeding ticket 2 years ago at night and the Camera in the van (private not a garda) did indeed Flash. It took 2 weeks for the penalty notice to arrive and i`ve heard of people receiving notices a month after the offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Larbre34 wrote: »
    You can expect to wait anything up to six weeks for written notice of the offence.
    Yipeee!!!! I was driving down the Lower Kilmacud Road Good Friday afternoon (empty road) and I didn't notice the speed camera van (because it was parked in a normal parking spot where cars and vans often park) until I was quite close to it. I don't think I was speeding but thought I could have been marginally over and was waiting to see if a ticket arrived but as that was 8 weeks ago I guess I'm in the clear :D

25 years driving and not a single speeding ticket so I guess I'm not too bad. I do try and observe the speed limits especially in urban areas but it's not always easy e.g. on the N11 passing UCD etc.

Ben

• Advertisement
Advertisement