Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod abising his power to delete my posts

Options
  • 09-06-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

In two threads in the past few days the Mod Benny_Cake has deleted posts by me because they go against his beliefs. Both post were responding to the OP in one case there was a discussion on why catholic bashing happs, I explained why I think it happens (it's as a result of the crimes the church has committed) and for explaining the facts my post was deleted and I received a warning for apparently trying to create an argument flaming I think he called it. Anyway I sent the mod a message explaining the logic behind my post, how I clearly wasn't looking to start an argument and explained that if he felt my post should be removed that's maybe fair enough but I don't think it was warning worthy, I just answered what was a highly sensitive question with a blunt but accurate answer. Benny_Cake has refused to respond to my communications and refuses to elaborate on what I did wrong.

Then today A poster was looking for help regarding an issue with her boyfriend suddenly becoming christian, I tried to offer help you can see I have a istory of offering help in the personal issues forum, and two mods have said this particular thread would be better suited to personal issues but the OP asked for it to be kept in christianity so it was. anyway I offered my help and had a post deleted by Benny_Cake because I included something like "personally I'd try to make him see sense ((I might not have said this bit but I think i did)and talk the religion out of him) but I don't think that would work here"

Anyway my post gets deleted because I shouldn't be discussing the evils of religion. The OP is looking for advice, the OP has a problem with the boyfriends new found religion and Benny_Cake is allowing people to help her on condition that all the advice is that she should live with his religion rather than deal with it like it is the problem for her that it is.

Essentially Benny_Cake is deleting posts to further his own religious agenda. It doesn't bother him how inflammatory your posts are as long as you are religious but he is just gagging for an opportunity to silence anyone that is non religious.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP as this isn't DRP related.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Although this isn't strictly a DRP, it seems appropriate for a Cat Mod to comment.

This is a post of yours that was deleted:
    My solution would be to try to make him see logic and stop being religious but I don't know if that would work here.

That's not ever going to fly in the Christianity forum. It's massive flame bait, because the Christianity forum is pretty full of Christians, and you've essentially just called all religious people illogical.

Benny_Cake was quite right to delete it.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement