Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When was the last time that you cried?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

When each of my 3 daughters were born...very emotional moment to see your child for the first time.

Last time was the final episode of "Derek" series 1...just blew me away how gervais portrayed Derek and the way he dealt with meeting his father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Cried in the canteen today as my shoes were literally cutting my heels to shreds, bastarding things.
    I was already running late so I couldn't go home and change them. Won't make that mistake again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Just watched Eamon Dunphy on The Meaning of Life with Gay Byrne and what struck me was the amount of times he cried in the space of 26 minutes.

Me, I did about 4 years ago when a close family member died. How about you? :)

I saw some of the programme, he was very emotional, he cried nearly the whole way through.
    Last time I cried, was at a kindness, when I was feeling low, about 3 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

fathead82 wrote: »
    2 years ago when I had to get my sick german shepherd put down,cried like a little girl on the way to vets,in vets & all the way home,very embarrasing for a 30 year old fella,have changed vets since.
    It's almost impossible to hold it together in those circumstances and nobody, especially the vet or vet nurses expect you not to get very upset. It's something I've had to do more often than I'd want to and even with animals that I've had to take but not known, it's an extremely emotional experience. I'm just glad that I was there and they weren't alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saxo

Watching Marley & Me was such a tear jerker. I was 14 I think when I saw it and I cried all the way home from the cinema!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

mauzo! wrote: »
    On my honeymoon, at a sunset. Christ :o

When you saw all the shite you had to clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

When my kids were born.

The hospital bill was terrifying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

At the start of the credits of Black Hawk Down, get me every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Cried watching sons of anarchy (SPOILER)
    The scene in season 3 episode 11 when Jax finds Abel with his adopted parents at the shopping centre and hes just watching them be happy as a family and doesn't know what to do. Broke my heart to be honest and the song really made it all so emotional. Apart from that dont really cry just get angry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭Demonical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Shed a couple of tears on Saturday when I visited my nana's grave. Last time I bawled properly was a month ago at her funeral :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I dunno. I'm a woman, I cry all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Thundering_Sky

Watching My Sister's Keeper the other night I was sobbing the whole way through :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I shed a few tears for the little boy in Antrim who died in the slurry pit accident. My own son is the same age. I actually feel an acute pain when I think about the poor little guy, and have to divert my thought elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

I used to be a really emotional person but I guess I kind of detached myself from my emotions when my Mum got sick. I only ever cry over stupid things now (tv shows, movies etc), never about personal things. I feel like if I ever do cry about missing her, I'll never stop.

Sorry that was a bit sappy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 KimmyKims

I get teery at the usual things : sad films, stories about kids in the news etc. Last time i cried for a long period of time was when i got the call from my nurse saying i was cancer free. That relief, i cant explain it. Its like all the bottled up emotions just came flooding out. Even now, over a year later , it can still catch me unaware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Got teary on the way home on the bus listening to man of the world by fleetwood mac. Feeling a bit fragile apparently. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I think it was last week, watching the episode of the documentary Africa, where
    the baby elephant died
    . In bits, so I was!

I cry at nearly anything though, just can't keep it together!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Watching Frozen!

I may or may not be a 31 year old man. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Watching my sister's keeper last night :(

Super sad stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Breadline Kids, documentary on Channel 4 this evening.
    Whatever mistakes their parents might be making, kids not having enough to eat is just super heart-wrenching. :(

I've started crying every time I drink. Stopped happening about 8 years ago til about a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

michellie wrote: »
    Watching my sister's keeper last night :(

Super sad stuff.

Have you read the book? It absolutely destroyed me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

At the end of Double Jeopardy last night

Most of the afternoon, because I have to give my budgies away. Then this evening the guy who was coming over to pick them up cancelled, and I put them back in my room. I was half delighted, and half pissed off because now I still have to go through it all another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

I guess a distinction could be made between crying crying and getting a little misty-eyed. I can't remember the last time I actually broke down crying, but I'm willing to bet it was a long time ago

Getting a little misty-eyed or choked up? That I'll never deny, and below is the clip that did it for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I well up watching ads, videos, films etc. but I don't properly cry too easily when something in my own life happens. The last time I had a really proper cry was when I saw Philomena at the cinema and I sobbed (discreetly) walking all the way home then burst into tears when my boyfriend asked me how the film was. That film really, really upset me. Besides from that, pre-blob tears, which I don't count as genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

fathead82 wrote: »
    2 years ago when I had to get my sick german shepherd put down,cried like a little girl on the way to vets,in vets & all the way home,very embarrasing for a 30 year old fella,have changed vets since.

Last time I cried? Reading this post and thinking about my doggy woggy

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

anncoates wrote: »
    When my kids were born.

The hospital bill was terrifying.

Just the tip of the tip of the iceberg of kid related bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

When i watched this...so raw and powerful:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Today. I broke things off with someone I really liked for reasons I won't delve into and I'm hurting over it.

I don't cry often but sometimes you need to release all that pent up emotion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Almost 5 years ago (will be 5 years in September).

Was about 24 hours after major surgery which left me temporarily almost completely deaf and some nerve damage which temporarily affected my smell and taste. The surgery was to fix a problem which was also causing me to be blind in one eye.

I was lying in bed in the neurology ward in St. Vincent's university hospital, family gone home for the night, lights off in the ward, curtains drawn around my bed, with iv antibiotic in one arm and an anticoagulant infusion in the other, in massive amounts of pain between doses of morphine.

I was freaking out about my hearing, taste, smell and the vision in my right eye.
    I made my family bring me a bottle of the nasty tasting orange Listerine mouthwash that day do I could try and taste or smell something but hadn't done it until I was alone.

So in lying there in bits swishing this stuff in my mouth bot smelling or tasting anything, and I just felt completely alone. I was working as a chef at the time and the taste and smell thing was scaring me because I thought of have to give it up and find a new career and start from scratch.

Couldn't even listen to music or watch a movie to distract myself and just lay there sobbing in the dark for what felt like forever until a nurse came to check in me and sat beside me wiping away tears and telling me it will be ok for the guts of half an hour until my next morphine dose was due and I fell asleep.

Before that the last time was at my aunt's funeral, solid as a rock the whole way through it, standing beside my brothers and my cousin/best friend all of us between 20 and 30 years old, none of us shed a single tear until the second our uncles and our aunt's husband started lowering the coffin into the grave and then every single one of us started crying like babies one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

The last time I really cried was when my ex-boyfriend broke up with me (after several years together) because he thought I was too old to have his children.

It sucked for a while until I got over the feckin' eejit. :D

Last time I can remember crying was nearly three years ago. I was on a bus back from Dublin to Cork. It was a month or so after I'd graduated and I felt completely lost. I had no idea what the hell I was gonna do with my life and when I'd been in Dublin I saw my ex, first time I'd seen him since I told him I didn't wanna be friends and didn't want to see him again. I had to walk past him a few times and each time did my best to completely avoid eye contact. But those moments still stuck in my mind. On the bus I was listening to depressing music on my MP3 player and just became struck with a feeling of not wanting to be alive. I was wearing a hoodie and cried a few tears into my hood, my face turned towards the window so people couldn't see me.

There have been many times since where I've felt so horrible about myself that I wanted to cry but tears never seem to come. I never cry at movies or TV or anything, I don't even cry at funerals. Maybe if I did I wouldn't be so emotionally damaged a lot of the time. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

The last time I really cried was when my ex-boyfriend broke up with me (after several years together) because he thought I was too old to have his children.

It sucked for a while until I got over the feckin' eejit. :D

What a pr1ck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 kriters8

I found many of you guys almost never cry.I cry often,the last time is about last week.I think,cry is an effective way to release pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

kriters8 wrote: »
    I found many of you guys almost never cry.I cry often,the last time is about last week.I think,cry is an effective way to release pressure.

Males in our society were raised to think crying is a "womans thing", and although it's slowly starting to change and be accepted, that men cry too, as it's one of the best releases of negative/painful emotions.

Society still has awhile to go, til most men are comfortable shedding tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

A shade under six years ago. I also woke up from a dream one night in floods of tears, which might be more recent.

There have been one or two occasions since when I would have liked to have cried, tends to make you feel better, but the tears wouldn't come. Probably societal conditioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Big tough men here aren't there - haven't cried since a kid ?? F*ck off!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yesterday. I r whinge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

the_monkey wrote: »
    Big tough men here aren't there - haven't cried since a kid ?? F*ck off!!!

Jesus, don't cry about it.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Anything to do with animals and I'm in bits, when flipper committed suicide on the cove :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Three days ago. I am quite the emotional person though so three days is like forever in my world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hazys wrote: »
    When i watched this...so raw and powerful:

This .

Advertisement