Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of applying-some questions

• 09-06-2014 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

HI Guys

I am thinking of applying for the garda and have some questions for those that are more in the know.

(1) If you fail the entry exams, can you repeat the next time round?
    (2) How long do you have to spend in temple more (have a wife and rent to pay so logistically just seeing how long this is and allowances I have to make
    (3) If you eventually get in I am aware the hours are long. For any Guards reading this do you find it is hard on family life etc?

Any help on the above points would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

HI Guys

I am thinking of applying for the garda and have some questions for those that are more in the know.

(1) If you fail the entry exams, can you repeat the next time round?
    (2) How long do you have to spend in temple more (have a wife and rent to pay so logistically just seeing how long this is and allowances I have to make
    (3) If you eventually get in I am aware the hours are long. For any Guards reading this do you find it is hard on family life etc?

Any help on the above points would be great

1) Failing any stage in this campaign meant you were out, but you can still apply for the next campaign and try again.

2)Training has been changed to 34 weeks in Templemore then on the job training.

3) Gardai I've spoken to have seemed fine regarding this. Although it never arose in questions I asked them so I can't be much help.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

You'll be there for 34 weeks straight first then you do some stints of a week or two over the next few months.
    Be aware that while you're there, you will not get a wage. You will have accommodation and food and you'll get an allowance of ~€180 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

HI Guys

You'll have to wait a while as this current drive is to provide recruits for the next 3 years.

Advertisement