Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threads about 'emerging' abuses being closed in AH

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Well then, is it OK to say that the society of which I am part, i.e. general society, is X, Y, Z? I am as offended by this as church types are by being called cultists.
    Seriously, this is the kind of pettiness that led to you being thread banned before. Read what I said and stop making up your own version of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

humanji wrote: »
    Seriously, this is the kind of pettiness that led to you being thread banned before. Read what I said and stop making up your own version of it.

You said it's not allowed to call church goers cultists.
    But you are OK with people saying Irish people are child abusers? That is what is literally meant when people say "society is to blame".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

humanji wrote: »

I also see that "pettiness" I was thread banned for is now a worse offense than calling people "****ing dumb" "ignorant" or saying they have their "head up their ass." which you apparently won't be threadbanned for. Or saying
    your post had the unfortunate effect of showing that there is no correlation between age and intellectual maturity.
    which seemingly gets you no infraction at all.
    Could you please explain to me exactly why this isn't personal abuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

But you are OK with people saying Irish people are child abusers? That is what is literally meant when people say "society is to blame".

What!? Where are you getting that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You said it's not allowed to call church goers cultists.

No it doesn't.
    I also see that "pettiness" I was thread banned for is now a worse offense than calling people "****ing dumb" "ignorant" or saying they have their "head up their ass." which you apparently won't be threadbanned for. Or saying

which seemingly gets you no infraction at all.
    Could you please explain to me exactly why this isn't personal abuse?

You were thread banned for your entire contribution to that thread, not just one or two posts. Later, the rest of the users who were insulted each got an infraction each for their behaviour and the thread was closed. So yes, those lines did get infractions for their owners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I think this thread has run its course tbh, thank you to humanji and Black Swan for jumping in from their respective forums and letting us know what's what.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement