Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take a letter to get from Limerick to Dublin?

Options
  • 09-06-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi there guys,

This might seem like a stupid question, I just moved to Dublin last week from Limerick. I never use snail mail. My brother mailed me a letter today with some documents in it, when should it arrive in Dublin? Tomorrow?

Thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

1-2 days normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nrsire

jonny24ie wrote: »
    1-2 days normally.

Great, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CL1970

yes No more than 2 working days!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think An Post are somewhere around the 88% mark for next day deliveries nationwide. However the EU wants them to be closer to 97% next day delivery and they've been missing EU-wide targets for years now even though the price of a stamp doesn't stop rising the service stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

If it was posted in the AM, it'll be here next day. Post it at 4 o'clock and maybe you'll be lucky. But phone ahead if its something important - never depend on any postal system anywhere. Its not an Irish thing, Vans break down, post goes missing, people go sick, handwriting as in legible addressing is a dying artform.

• Advertisement
Advertisement