Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels

• 09-06-2014 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭

recently been checking Booking.com, Hostelworld & Google for a hostel in Limerick to stay for a week or so.

Cant seem to find anything at all, seems a bit strange.

So my question? Is there no hostel in Limerick? Any reasons why not? (Rent looks fairly cheap)

Comments

Shanley wrote: »
    recently been checking Booking.com, Hostelworld & Google for a hostel in Dublin to stay for a week or so.

Cant seem to find anything at all, seems a bit strange.

So my question? Is there no hostel in Limerick? Any reasons why not? (Rent looks fairly cheap)

Don't think so. Not a huge demand as certain hotels are fairly cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I assume you meant Limerick in your first line.

There is no hostel in Limerick as far as I am aware. I suppose the demand just isn't there compared to the likes of Dublin and Galway.

Perhaps the travel lodge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The Mary I student village on the dock road turns into a hostel for the summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I think there is demand for a hostel. Twice in the last month, I've been asked by tourists for a hostel. Hotels (even the cheap ones) are still too expensive for the likes of backpackers.

The hostel that was supposed to open in The Globe on Cecil would have been a great spot.

Not so keen on the location that Flan Costello has in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I also think there's a market. I've hosted plenty of couchsurfers and they said the reason they were couchsurfing in Limerick was because there was no hostel. Plenty of them could afford hotels, but they just just want to stay in them. Hostels, AirBNB and couchsurfing are much more appealing to plenty of tourists, especially younger ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

1huge1 , Thanks for the typo :)

Yeah, im currently half thinking of moving to Limerick as rent etc seems so cheap but dont want to jump in and get my own apt just yet or share with someone as I only intend to do so for approx two weeks

hostel would have been handy, id imagine im not the only one out there :P And for tourists alone it seems mad not to have one

Advertisement