Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Bitten By Other Dog

• 09-06-2014 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Hi, while out walking my dog today I was walking past a house with two small dogs in the garden. Both came out onto the road and the smaller one bit my dog, not exactly a quick bite either. It continued until I motioned aggressively towards the dog and shooed it away. How should I proceed with this and what are my rights? I am far from happy as this has happened my dog a few times with strange dogs. My dog has never provoked another dog in these situations, its not in his nature.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Hope your dog is ok. You can go speak to the owner and tell them your dog has been bitten and they are actually breaking the law by having dogs running out of control (which they are). You can report it to the dog warden too or threaten to do so if the owner doesn't keep the dogs within their garden. Im having a similar problem at the moment where 2 jack russels close by are charging my dogs when I walk them. Funnily enough its the smaller of the two whos the more vicious one. They haven't bitten but Im considering complaining to the owner as its driving me mad and scaring my dogs. They get left out the front garden with open gates :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

maggiepip wrote: »
    Hope your dog is ok. You can go speak to the owner and tell them your dog has been bitten and they are actually breaking the law by having dogs running out of control (which they are). You can report it to the dog warden too or threaten to do so if the owner doesn't keep the dogs within their garden. Im having a similar problem at the moment where 2 jack russels close by are charging my dogs when I walk them. Funnily enough its the smaller of the two whos the more vicious one. They haven't bitten but Im considering complaining to the owner as its driving me mad and scaring my dogs. They get left out the front garden with open gates :-(

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement