Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Interview

Options
  • 09-06-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I applied for a job a few months ago and got called for an interview. The job was the same as what I'm doing at the moment, but in a different company. The interview was fine but when the interviewer went into the exact details of the job I realised that it wasn't for me, and I'd prefer to stay with my current job. (The reason I applied was because it was advertised as being in the country office but at the interview I was told I'd be two days in the country office and three in the Dublin office (3 hour drive between the two). I've just been called for a second interview and I'm not sure how I should decline. Any Ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Just say the since the first interview your circumstances have changed and you are no longer available for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

But the OP's circumstances haven't changed!

Tell them the truth about the difference between the advertised work-location and what was discussed at interview, and that this means you'er not interested in the role.

It's possible that the details have changed again since your interview. Telling the truth leaves the door open if they do have a country office only position.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

OP, if the job didn't involve the Dublin aspect, would you be interested - or is it just not you for anyway? I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that the role just isn't a match for your career plans; but thank them kindly for the time and their consideration etc.

Advertisement