Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GloHealth Mullaghmore Sprint Triathlon 14-06-2014

Options
  • 09-06-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing the Mullaghmore sprint this coming weekend?

Love this course, done it a good few times and always enjoy it. Always a good spread on after too with a decent hot meal. Pioty about wave starts though. Hopefully ill be in wave 1 as i like knowing where i am place wise.

Info on it is here - http://www.glohealth.ie/media/transfer/doc/GloHealth%20Mullaghmore%20Triathlon.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Also a chance to win entry through Facebook there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I know a few people doing it, should be a great race. Was due to be my first race of the season. Best of luck to everyone taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

See you up there Eddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ah good stuff, hadnt realised you are doing it BTH. Anyone else? Hoping swim goes a bit better this time for me! Had a mare last time but there was a strong current against us

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭shansey

yea, i doing it. i did the full course with the mullaghmore club on bank hol monday.. if sea stays calm will be a nice swim with a fast bike and some monster hills on the run!

absolutely beautiful setting!

I know its NS but will it be a stacked field?..don't hear too many talking about it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Looking forward to this as my first triathlon. Went for the cautious approach ans signed up for the short to try build some confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

I did this as my first tri three years ago .. and what a baptisim of fire!! .. hope the water is not as rough this year!

I was out swimming there on Monday afternoon .. water was a little bit choppy but good .. its amazing how clear it is.

I cycled and then ran around the head .. such an amazing run .. just as I got halfway on the run .. thunder and rain arrived! .. great craic!

this will be my third year doing it and can't wait .. weather is supposed to be fantastic on Sat ... hopefully it won't be too warm!!

I was out swimming in Rosses Point last night and it was stunning .. on Sat evening there is a swim in Rosses Point - Tide assisted ..should be a nice cool down from the Tri!

Sean

Weather seems like it couldnt be any better for tomorrow!! See you all there. Hopefully bump into a few. I'll be in red Skins trisuit on Cervelo P2C with rear black wheelcover and no decals on wheels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Best of luck tomorrow folks. Enjoy :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

aye good luck tomorrow guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

any word on how it went?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Really enjoyed today. Great setup and location. We couldn't have asked for better weather .

The 350m swim was a bit of a bust. When we started the tide was out so far we were swimming in 2 - 3 ft water or less for most of it . The was a lot of walking and little swimming.

Grub afterwards was top notch. (My first Triathlon can only compare to running events)

Thanks to AKW for the heads up on the GloHealth competition ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Lovely day for it today, nice calm swim in clear water. Lot of up and down on the cycle and found the first half of the run very tough.

Surprising lack of security on the transition area, when I got back after the run there was nobody checking tags, lot of expensive gear and people wandering in/out.

Grub after was great! Fairly wrecked this evening...

Any word on the results yet?

Beautiful day...did not like the run in start..especially since a lot of people ran across the beach and not directly into the water..much prefer water starts... security was very lax in transition

Otherwise it was great..no results on red tag or Ti websites

Beautiful day...did not like the run in start..especially since a lot of people ran across the beach and not directly into the water..much prefer water starts... security was very lax in transition

Otherwise it was great..no results on red tag or Ti websites

Update on Red Tag Timing...

"Mullaghmore results are being completed and will be updated here once finished."

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

J o e wrote: »
    Update on Red Tag Timing...

"Mullaghmore results are being completed and will be updated here once finished."

3 hours later and no sign of them, bit of a joke when people have paid 50 squids and its a commercial company doing the timing

LaGlisse wrote: »
    3 hours later and no sign of them, bit of a joke when people have paid 50 squids and its a commercial company doing the timing

Over 24 hours now and no results.. Think there might have been a problem.. Thought I didn't beep going over one of the mats.

the TI website has a brief report on it, National Series Race and results not out a day later is extremely poor by any standards. Heard about the start alright, the days of running in from the beach should be a thing of the past since it actively encourages the kind of cheating that happened.

• Advertisement

Have to wonder if we are going to see results at all at this stage, something must have gone worong

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NorthernRaider

promethius wrote: »
    the TI website has a brief report on it, National Series Race and results not out a day later is extremely poor by any standards. Heard about the start alright, the days of running in from the beach should be a thing of the past since it actively encourages the kind of cheating that happened.

What exactly happened?

The start was a mess alright. The buoy we were to swim around was to our 10pm position as we faced the water standing on the beach. We had to run straight in past a line of marshalls and then go left as we waded in. Some sneaky pups ran around the line of marshalls and then ran down the beach to then swim directly out to the buoy and thus reduced the swim distance quite a bit. I only coped what had happened when i was already well in and had a stream of swimmers infront of me to the left who i slowly passed as the race went on. I've never passed so many in a swim which showed they had a good headstart! Still though a good race and good spread after. Its one of my fav run courses out there - always very challenging.

I'm still hopeful the Marshall i had just ahead of me monitoring some drafting does something about what i saw as it cud effect some placing's! It wasn't anything too major but cud be picked up. I didn't see any penalty board as per the tri an mhi race and just hope the marshals did do their job but with no results yet i don't know. Some serious amounts of drafting further back as i saw after the turnaround.

Still nothing on the red tag website!? Shameful..

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Bambaata wrote: »
    The start was a mess alright. The buoy we were to swim around was to our 10pm position as we faced the water standing on the beach. We had to run straight in past a line of marshalls and then go left as we waded in. Some sneaky pups ran around the line of marshalls and then ran down the beach to then swim directly out to the buoy and thus reduced the swim distance quite a bit. I only coped what had happened when i was already well in and had a stream of swimmers infront of me to the left who i slowly passed as the race went on. I've never passed so many in a swim which showed they had a good headstart! Still though a good race and good spread after. Its one of my fav run courses out there - always very challenging.

I'm still hopeful the Marshall i had just ahead of me monitoring some drafting does something about what i saw as it cud effect some placing's! It wasn't anything too major but cud be picked up. I didn't see any penalty board as per the tri an mhi race and just hope the marshals did do their job but with no results yet i don't know. Some serious amounts of drafting further back as i saw after the turnaround.

Is there a question over placings or a timing system issue? They seem to have named top 3 male and female on TI website.
    How was your race?

shansey wrote: »
    Still nothing on the red tag website!? Shameful..
    36 hours later , no communication. For E50 and an NS race its just not good enough

Surely the results are a fairly automated thing that would take a few mins. Or could there be penalty appeals or the likes holding it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Maybe the system failed or crashed??We've use Redtag for a couple of club events and in my experience they are usually top notch so I expect there's a serious problem here.

triathlon Ireland have said it's a corrupted file which has caused the problem. saying it's out of their hands. I suspect they are waiting for some IT provider to have a go at repairing the file tomorrow. via fb.

• Advertisement

Is there a question over placings or a timing system issue? They seem to have named top 3 male and female on TI website.
    How was your race?

Id expect a problem with the recording. Race went fairly well. Swam well (apart from not being a cute whore and running part of the beach, biked just ok, ran well) 4th overall so a bittersweet spot! I really enjoy that course and am always happy with the spread after!

What did people record the swim distance at? I got 870m odd and i lapped that as we exited the water at the start of the ramp, not way up in transition.

Advertisement