Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alt-j Δ - O2 Sept 27th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Beamish101 wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have a spare stading ticket for Alt J? Or know anybody who doesn't want one anymore?

you could just buy one

edit: oh I see, only seated ones left *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

i emailed three yesterday asking for a time breakdown of the gig, they said door 6:30, show is from 8:30 to 10:30 aprox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Raging I didn't get tickets for this sooner. Really don't wanna have to sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭fishtastico

Any word on whether there's a support act yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Any word on whether there's a support act yet?

It was mentioned back a page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Any idea what time they will come on stage at?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Looking for 1 standing if any1 has a spare. Obv will pay full price. Plz PM

I did not expect it to be this full!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Me neither, they obviously put the upper tiers on sale at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Great gig, really enjoyed it :D

Very surprised at how full the venue was. The lights and atmosphere were deadly, and the sound /vocals perfect!

Fierce happy, so I am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I commented a few times about how I thought it was a bad venue but.... holy **** it was packed tonight! I love a good Saturday gig and I think everyone else did too cos tonight was great. good vibe, good crowd, good atmosphere which is hard to come by. my main concern was that they wudnt have a proper arena light show but it was def up to standard.

im going to bed happy,bolloxd but happy! Great night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

**** me that was some gig! The crowd was class and you could see the band were impressed, Some vocal performance from the crowd too!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

CoDy1 wrote: »
    **** me that was some gig! The crowd was class and you could see the band were impressed, Some vocal performance from the crowd too!

Biggest gig they've ever played he said! I couldn't believe the size of the crowd either and had a bad feeling going in that I'd spend half the night "shhhhhing" people who were yapping through songs... Not a bit of it. Everyone around me seemed enthralled, as was I. Bloodflood was a teeny tiny bit off at the beginning I thought, but hey! It's live music, he recovered well and everything else was note perfect. Lights were fantastic too. Had a wonderful night :D

I really enjoyed it. A few bum notes here and there but nothing major. The lights were class, really well done.

Didn't enjoy being seated, though. There were still people being shown to their seats until during the 5th (!) song, and with the bar open there was constant movement of people in and out and up and down the stairs, which was pretty distracting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Great gig, and I too thought it would be too big a venue for them, but they were brilliant.

Best gig this year, better than Arcade Fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Vojera wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it. A few bum notes here and there but nothing major. The lights were class, really well done.

Didn't enjoy being seated, though. There were still people being shown to their seats until during the 5th (!) song, and with the bar open there was constant movement of people in and out and up and down the stairs, which was pretty distracting.

I had a ticket for Block M, but just went out the door beside the door to the toilets and headed downstairs to the standing area. No bother.

I had a ticket for Block M, but just went out the door beside the door to the toilets and headed downstairs to the standing area. No bother.
    Dammit! Maybe next time! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Best gig I've been to , to date! Was a bit apprehensive after watching their live show in Manchester. I thought the vocals would be a bit weak but my God was I wrong!!! They absolutely nailed every song. The first 3 songs were absolutely immense. Hunger of the pine is a great opening song and straight in fitzpleasure after was just fantastic. I had shivers down my spine for most of the gig, particularly for Nara, which is my new favourite song from TIAY.

They were simply immense and the light show topped it off. The lights were an amazing spectacle to compliment an amazing performance from an amazing band. I'm also so glad they played pretty much all of An Awesome Wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Sorry this post does not relate to the gig.

I purchased their first album - An awesome wave. I've only listened to it twice. But I don't really get it. I am pretty open when it comes to music, and will give it several more listens. It has got amazing reviews, won several awards so there must be serious quality to it. But most of what I hear is the singer just making up random noises. Haven't a clue as to what he is saying.

I'm hoping that it's one of those albums (like Wild Beasts, or Future Islands) that grows on you after several listens. Is that the general experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Is that the general experience?

My experience.. Saw them support Ghostpoet in Whelans and thought, these guys are great. Had a song stuck in my head the next day and with some YouTubeing found out it was breezeblocks. So it was love at first sight for me!

Didn't head to the O2 at the weekend, shocked at the size of the crowd from the pictures. Fairplay to them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Sorry this post does not relate to the gig.

I purchased their first album - An awesome wave. I've only listened to it twice. But I don't really get it. I am pretty open when it comes to music, and will give it several more listens. It has got amazing reviews, won several awards so there must be serious quality to it. But most of what I hear is the singer just making up random noises. Haven't a clue as to what he is saying.

For me it was the curiosity of what he was singing, once I googled the lyrics and knew what he was saying it opened the way for me to enjoy the music more. If this makes any sense ;-)

Even with the lyrics in front of you you can still listen and go "There's no way that's what he's saying". It took a bit of getting used to, as did Joe's voice in general, but once I got past that I enjoyed them more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 valkyriec

They were incredible xD i was right in front of the stage, squished up to the barrier.. i went with my friend and were both 16, it was crazy but so much fun! i too thought that there would be nowhere near as many people there, but the atmosphere was great and the crowd were amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Best gig I've been to in a long time

http://altjband.com/stream/

live show streaming now

Advertisement