Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up the creek sprint tri

Options
  • 09-06-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Firstly....Excellently organized race, loads of marshalls everywhere, tough tough course, very challenging!! but can anyone please tell me what was the blue sheet we got in the goodie bag instead of a t-shirt?, looks like a sheet for a babys bed... besides that... I would highly recommend this race to anyone!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Trig1 wrote: »
    Firstly....Excellently organized race, loads of marshalls everywhere, tough tough course, very challenging!! but can anyone please tell me what was the blue sheet we got in the goodie bag instead of a t-shirt?, looks like a sheet for a babys bed... besides that... I would highly recommend this race to anyone!!

+1

2nd time doing this race, agree with all you said,

Found it tough giong as well, nice swim, tough bike, and it seemed there was more up's than downs on the run,

Nice bit of grub afterwards as well, always help,

Well done to BTH, making the podium, even if he was sandbagging before it, not doing much my ar*s, great going also by pgibbo, also nice to meet you pgibbo,

Think the towel thingey is a travel towel, thats my guess anyway:D

How did you get on yourself, Trig1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I'd have to agree. Very well organised and a cracking showing from BTH :cool:

I missed the grub as I was in a rush home. Lovely swim course, tasty bike route and a nice run on quiet country roads. Plenty of encouragement from the marshalls too which was great. The cakes at the finish were lovely too!!! :pac: :cool:

Nice meeting you yesterday ceepo. Fair play from making the trip up for it.
    Definitely one for the calendar next year.

Are the results available anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

pgibbo wrote: »
    I'd have to agree. Very well organised and a cracking showing from BTH :cool:

I missed the grub as I was in a rush home. Lovely swim course, tasty bike route and a nice run on quiet country roads. Plenty of encouragement from the marshalls too which was great. The cakes at the finish were lovely too!!! :pac: :cool:

Nice meeting you yesterday ceepo. Fair play from making the trip up for it.
    Definitely one for the calendar next year.

Are the results available anywhere?

Results here. http://www.sportsplits.com/Home/QuickResults?clientId=74&raceId=10257&raceName=Up%20the%20Creek%20Triathlon

Trig, you should have introduced yourself.

Ceepo, I have to be honest, I knew I'd met you before but I couldn't figure out how I knew you for ages. Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

BTH wrote: »
    Results here. http://www.sportsplits.com/Home/QuickResults?clientId=74&raceId=10257&raceName=Up%20the%20Creek%20Triathlon

Ceepo, I have to be honest, I knew I'd met you before but I couldn't figure out how I knew you for ages. Sorry :o

Didn't even know ye were racing lads!!
    I didn't do as well as ye, 33rd overall- pretty disappointing but for my current fitness level I suppose its not too bad

• Advertisement

Ceepo wrote: »
    +1

2nd time doing this race, agree with all you said,

Found it tough giong as well, nice swim, tough bike, and it seemed there was more up's than downs on the run,

Nice bit of grub afterwards as well, always help,

Well done to BTH, making the podium, even if he was sandbagging before it, not doing much my ar*s, great going also by pgibbo, also nice to meet you pgibbo,

Think the towel thingey is a travel towel, thats my guess anyway:D

How did you get on yourself, Trig1

Where did ye finish lads and any pics of ye so I know the faces next time...Irishtriathlon.com has a link to 100's of pics

Where did ye finish lads and any pics of ye so I know the faces next time...Irishtriathlon.com has a link to 100's of pics

I finished third so there'll be a couple of pics of me anyway. Would that have been your bro I went past on the bike then??

According to the results above I finished 16th. According to the results posted after the race I was 15th. I was I Carrick tri gear. On a beautiful yellow and black bike.
    Heading for Hook or Crook next then Dungarvan. Say hello if you see me ;)

I have that effect :). You probably only remember the good lads ;)

I finished third so there'll be a couple of pics of me anyway. Would that have been your bro I went past on the bike then??

Yes the bro cycles the lovely Fuji with the zipp wheels, he was coming 4th up too the last 10metres when he was beaten in a sprint for the line!!

• Advertisement

Yes the bro cycles the lovely Fuji with the zipp wheels, he was coming 4th up too the last 10metres when he was beaten in a sprint for the line!!

The guy that sprinted past him had an animal run and thought your bro was in 3rd so bust a gut to catch him

I came in 15th

Yeah I thought I came 33rd but according to tri ireland results it was 34th... very fast running by both of ye (ceepo and pgibbo) I reckon ye both ran past me during the run (seeing as I beat both of ye in the cycle:p), actually looking at splits I would say myself and ceepo were probably heading off on run around same time, I was the heavy guy in the all black tri suit- there's a pic in my race report on my training blog!!

Yeah I thought I came 33rd but according to tri ireland results it was 34th... very fast running by both of ye (ceepo and pgibbo) I reckon ye both ran past me during the run (seeing as I beat both of ye in the cycle:p), actually looking at splits I would say myself and ceepo were probably heading off on run around same time, I was the heavy guy in the all black tri suit- there's a pic in my race report on my training blog!!

Great bike split Trig. But you seem to have missed pgibbo and myself had faster swims and t1 than youself ;). Also don't think anyone passed me on the bike and stayed in front of me. I almost had pgibbo and another guy caught coming into t2, with another 2 close behind. Had a good t2 and was out be for them only for pgibbo to storm passed me on the run. I can say I remember seen you tbh.
    Anyway you have me now so say hello the next day. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

i hear ye might all be moving up 3 spots after the Go Tri lads are disqualified for team orders, letting the coach win. shocking. :)

I passed a couple of people in the 1st 500m out of T2 Trig and I don't think you were one of them. After that I was in no-mans land and ran within my comfort zone for the rest of the run. No motivation to run hard when there's no-one in sight.

mossym wrote: »
    i hear ye might all be moving up 3 spots after the Go Tri lads are disqualified for team orders, letting the coach win. shocking. :)

Yep, that's why I gave up over two minutes in the swim.

Advertisement