Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any nice butchers??

Options
  • 09-06-2014 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭

Most towns in the country will boast at least one nice butchers, i.e. good display very clean looking, good interior layout etc. and of course high quality products. I went to the butchers on Moore st but found them a bit grotty to be honest. Does anyone know a nice place I could go in the City Centre or around the Kilmainham/inchicore/ general west city centre area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Butchers in Fallon and Byrne on Exchequer Street is nice,great quality of meats too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Buckleys on talbot street is good, meat and chicken always good quality. Got their lamb shanks recently for the slow cooker and they were fab, not a bit of fat on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Eddie Lloyd in inchicore is brilliant. Craft butcher. Great deals and nicest sausages in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Ennis Butchers is over at Rialto. Excellent pork. Stocks Kellys Pudding too which is a favorite of my family. Stocks some fish, wine, organic foods and veg etc. Short walk from Kilmainham - take the steps up the side of the incinerator and cut through the square and you'll come out at the other entrance to James Hospital. Short walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

You'd want to have very deep pockets to buy much meet in Ennis butchers in Rialto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,547 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I don't mind paying a bit extra. Dublin is expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Never had a problem with Buckleys on Moore St tbh. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

FX Buckleys is decent, I prefer the one on Talbot St. myself but have used both for past few years and can't complain. Just find Talbot St. with their privalige club better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

cgcsb wrote: »
    I don't mind paying a bit extra. Dublin is expensive
    Not necessarily. There are lots of great butchers offering value deals or at least being competitive. I've bought good cuts of meat there before, paid a a lot of money and found the meat to be no better than anywhere else.

We use McLaughlins in Ballyfermot/Clondalkin. FXB's, especially Talbot St, is very good and if I had the time I'd pop in there more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Bradys in Fairview & Drumcondra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Peakins on Leonard's Corner/SCR would be my first choice :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

All my praise for FX Buckley he had steak on offer in Henry St. so I picked some up, it was a very poor cut. Only second time in a number of years he has let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Onanon

Take a stroll around Meath St. and see what tickles your fancy.
    Dunnes butchers is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Onanon wrote: »
    Take a stroll around Meath St. and see what tickles your fancy.
    Dunnes butchers is good.

I'm more a fan of C&N Meats just up from Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Wilsons in Rathfarnham, hands down.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Lawlors in Rathmines is top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Doyles in Pearse St is good and all their meat is from their own farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Wilsons in Rathfarnham, hands down.
    + ten thousand, the best butchers in dublin as far as I am concerned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 PinkRoses

pc7 wrote: »
    Buckleys on talbot street is good, meat and chicken always good quality. Got their lamb shanks recently for the slow cooker and they were fab, not a bit of fat on them.

I second this, Buckleys is a wonderful butchers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I also buy a lot of meat from FX Buckley and generally it doesn't disappoint. If I happen to be in town on a Saturday afternoon I'll often buy meat in Fallon & Byrne, not cheap but generally decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Clyne's Ringsend generally good, if we're also suggesting as far out as Pearse street.

Advertisement