Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parenting

• 09-06-2014 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

This is my first thread, I'm not the best at typing so please bare with me!

I'm looking for anyone who can give me some advice on going for full custody of my 4 year old son.
    Iv read some threads on this subject an some say you really need to prove that the other parent is an unfit one.

In my case I have been through the courts back in december an got guardianship an joint custody Etc. (friday noon till Sunday 5.30) which I was happy with. I'm back in court end of July for an extension as I wanted 50 50 but my solicitor said that I was lucky to get every week that some people only get every fourth night.

Anyways iv been away from my ex since may 13.. Everything was grand to start out with, I got my son whenever without any court orders untill the end of the summer, he was in crèche an seemed a happy normal 3yr old. When my ex sat back an notice this time I wasn't going back everything changed for the worse. My son was taken out of crèche a few weeks later I wasn't allowed see him for weeks on end. She poisoned the poor child's mind against me an a whole lot more that a scorned women is capable of which I won't get into. Finally I brought her to court at the end of the year an got custody, guardianship etc. But things are getting a lot harder for me an most importantly for my son who is now 4 yrs old. She moved out January an brought him to a refuge an since then has no permanent roof over her head. Shes being living hear an there since then. Iv had social workers onto her 2 times over drink an drugs but she always manages to get her **** together before they arrive. She's had mental issues since an early age which I only found out when we had our son when she was going through PND. There has being suicides attempts since an early age, all of which came from being physically/emotionally/ an sexually abused from early childhood I'm guessing. I have a lot of proof of this an since iv been away from her she's been in an out of hospitals police stations etc. so everything is on record.

I'm seeing a lot of signs from my son every week since I can remember, an I really think he's going through a lot of **** with her an her family. The family that she ran away from when she was younger an never looked back on untill I split up with her. My son tells me about 10 times a day, (da I love you) which is very hard to hear when I no its a security thing with him, he crys his little heart out when he has to go back home which is heartbreaking for me to see him like that. He's being telling me lately that his Ma hits him, I try not ask him questions as I would prefare just to let him be a child an enjoy heself playing around instead of interagating him which I think he gets enough of from her. I did ask him after he told me he said he didn't like his new home. That's why his Ma hit him :/ Sorry for rambling on...

My question is. Would I have a good case to go for full custody for my son. I don't want to take him from her permanetly. I just want to get him into school in September like every other child, as he's behind already for his age an his little brain is not getting stimulated in the way it should. I feel an can really see him living an thinking like an adult already which is so sad to see. I no he will be a lot happier with me an get the education love an attention that he deserves.

I will appreciate anyone that's being through the same or similar with there kid or kids that can give some sort advice on this. Thanks very much for reading an hope to hear from somebody soon.

Advertisement