Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paid deposit wrong item made

Options
  • 09-06-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi I commissioned an item to b made a certain way. It wasn't made correctly and the business agrees to this but will not refund my deposit until they sell the item to cover costs.

Is there anything I can do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Hi I commissioned an item to b made a certain way. It wasn't made correctly and the business agrees to this but will not refund my deposit until they sell the item to cover costs.

Is there anything I can do

Submit a complaint to them in writing giving them 10 workings days ( a reasonable time) to refund you, advise them that if they fail to do so you'll initiate proceedings in the Small Claims Court.

If they don't refund you in the timeframe, lodge a claim. It'll cost you €25 and the best thing to do is ring/visit your local courthouse and speak to the registrar there or another member of staff who will guide you through the process. Alternatively if your comfortable doing it you can apply online.

Advertisement