Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmanway 10km, Sunday 15th June

Options
  • 09-06-2014 5:55pm

Anyone doing it?

Between 2 minds, tore medial meniscus 2 months back when I was flying fit, but have started running again and have done an 11km IMRA run and a 7km road run in past 2 weekends. It's sore now but expect that will just wear off in time. Physio says I can go for whatever I feel comfortable with, wasn't fond of thought of fast downhills off road though, but Dunmanway is supposed to be flat and fast.

Would be interested in seeing if I can get anywhere near a sub 40, so if anyone is doing it around that pace please drop a hobbled runner a PM and help me out with pacing!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Randal76

Anyone doing it?

Between 2 minds, tore medial meniscus 2 months back when I was flying fit, but have started running again and have done an 11km IMRA run and a 7km road run in past 2 weekends. It's sore now but expect that will just wear off in time. Physio says I can go for whatever I feel comfortable with, wasn't fond of thought of fast downhills off road though, but Dunmanway is supposed to be flat and fast.

Would be interested in seeing if I can get anywhere near a sub 40, so if anyone is doing it around that pace please drop a hobbled runner a PM and help me out with pacing!

There will be a 40min pacer there to help you. He will try his best to help you

Randal76 wrote: »
    There will be a 40min pacer there to help you. He will try his best to help you

Oh thanks for that.

Didn't realise they had pacers. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,264 ✭✭✭slingerz

thinking of doign this myself as only returning from injury but i'd be staying well back and taking it easy for the 60 min mark myself

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Just saw on there facebook page they have pacers for 40, 45, 50, 55 & 60 Minutes.

I have ran it a few times great course and great spread afterwards well worth doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 laurach

I have run this a couple of times also ( going to do it this year again) - definitely a great atmosphere and lovely course with a great setup for changing and grub afterwards. I wouldn't describe it as flat, there's one long drag after halfway and a nasty steep one just before the finish. On the plus side - they have corresponding downhills. The pacers also help and the forecast is good. Hopefully you will go ahead with it Conor74.

• Advertisement

Yeah, will head down and make an effort, stay in Saturday night and all!

Have never come next or near sub 40, think I would have done it earlier this year but was focussed on training for the Wicklow Way Ultra and doing some competitive 10km on a good route never really came into the mix. Then the injury, 2 months off, and kinda looking again at road runs and targets I haven't really aimed for in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Can't make it this year but ran it last year. Some pulls in it indeed, esp the one at the very end was nasty, seemed vertical as the legs were shot by that stage! Once at the top of that, its a steep decent to the finish line where you don't have control of your legs. Very well ran race with loads of parking, easy reg, chip timing, water stations, and food. It won best 10K in Cork last year or year before

More info here including course preview
    http://corkrunning.blogspot.com/2014/05/noticedunmanway-10k-road-race-sun-15th.html

Now that was warum!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Now that was warum!

It sure was and I was only a spectator congrats to everyone that ran yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I ran this and it was very warm, Course was good and they provided additional water stations which was great. Also happy with my time which was a bonus.
    Got a good laugh off a guy running in black jeans and a black shirt and cowboy hat who i passed just after the start. He must have been melting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement