Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installer didn't show up......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

goodlad wrote: »
    If possible anything after 12:30 on the same day would be fine as there will be someone home all day.
    Hi goodlad

This is not possible - the appointment will need to be pushed back a few days if the alloted time period does not suit, a schedule of works is already planned for this day.
    Al
    A few days???!!!!   What the hell is wrong  with your company!?!! 

Why is it so hard to install a service that im trying to pay for..... 

I'm already screwed out of 2 days holidays... Hours on the phone chasing your company because they have never once called me and also time on this forum trying to get sorted. Not to mention the loss of earnings last weekend as I couldn't work from home. 

Screw up after screw up and still not accommodating to get an installer out at a good time.  Screw the customer because it doesn't suit Eircom to make any effort seems to be the line Eircom take. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

If possible anything after 12:30 on the same day would be fine as there will be someone home all day.
    Hi goodlad

This is not possible - the appointment will need to be pushed back a few days if the alloted time period does not suit, a schedule of works is already planned for this day.
    Al
    A few days???!!!!   What the hell is wrong  with your company!?!! 

Why is it so hard to install a service that im trying to pay for..... 

I'm already screwed out of 2 days holidays... Hours on the phone chasing your company because they have never once called me and also time on this forum trying to get sorted. Not to mention the loss of earnings last weekend as I couldn't work from home. 

Screw up after screw up and still not accommodating to get an installer out at a good time.  Screw the customer because it doesn't suit Eircom to make any effort seems to be the line Eircom take. 
    Hi goodlad

I have managed to get the closest available timeframe for your efibre installation (20th of June am timeframe) there is no available crews for a PM timeframe and it will be a couple of days after this date for an available timeframe - I'm genuinely doing all I can to help you. I think the best thing to do is to note the times that your wife is not available to the order and keep with the 20th am timeslot.

Al

I literally cannot afford to lose more money by not working this weekend. So i now need to keep my son home from school on Friday to accommodate Eircom and have someone home..... This is bloody madness....

And you want Eircom as your provider after all of this????

Imagine what the "customer care" will be like when you are locked into a contract. If possible Id be looking elsewhere if I was you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

I literally cannot afford to lose more money by not working this weekend. So i now need to keep my son home from school on Friday to accommodate Eircom and have someone home.....  This is bloody madness....
    Dude, take this as a sign from the gods and run a million miles away from this shower....best thing I ever did was switch from them.....this is only the start of your heartache if you stick with them

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Honestly I would have to agrees with the above poster, if this is how Eircom treats you before you've actually the broadband installed imagine how they'll be over the course of the 18 months?

Do yourself a favour and go with Vodafone, cheaper and their customer service is grand.

Cheers for the posts lads.  I can absolutely see where you are coming from and do agree to an extent.  Broadband into my place has always been a solid 6mb at best no matter what provider I'm with.  Fibre will be a different story and Eircom are the only ones doing it in my area. 

I was with eircom for a few years before and had no issue.  I moved due to a cheaper price with Vodafone and has the worse experience ever with them.  It ended up with comreg involved,  debt collectors,  solicitors and eventually Vodafone paying me money.  They will never get a cent from me again.  

While the service getting this installed has been nothing short of a complete disaster.  I'm being naive and keeping in mind i was with Eircom previously and found them fine.  I'm chalking this all up the whoever manages the efibre install team doing an absolutely awful job and should be replaced imo. 

Time will tell I guess!   So let's see if the installer actually shows up tomorrow between the said times since I've organised someone being there for the stated hours. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Did he show up for you today?

At least they can get you a date they wont even give me a date at the minute for some unknown reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

How'd it go?

Iang87 wrote: »

At least they can get you a date they wont even give me a date at the minute for some unknown reason.
    Yeah he showed up early. He actually called me at 8:20 to see if i was about to be first on his list as he was doing installs in the estate for the day.
    All done and dusted and currently downloading at 55mb solid instead of my poxy broadband 6mb.

So 10 working days after install date, 2 days annual leave and my oldest son missing a day of school later..... Its finally installed.

• Advertisement

Yeah he showed up early. He actually called me at 8:20 to see if i was about to be first on his list as he was doing installs in the estate for the day.
    All done and dusted and currently downloading at 55mb solid instead of my poxy broadband 6mb.

So 10 working days after install date, 2 days annual leave and my oldest son missing a day of school later..... Its finally installed.

Poxy 6mb download????????

what Id give to have that. The best download I've ever had is 0.76mb!!! It averages around 0.60!!
    I was originally told Id get up to 24mb when first enquiry was made!! My line can only handle 1mb apparently and no plans to improve it.

My contract expires in September and I cant wait to be Eircom free. Hooking up with local satellite provider for up to 15mb. I will NEVER EVER go near anything to do with eircom again after the hardship and hassle with them. Not to mention what they did with my 74 year old father which is still ongoing and most likely to be settled in the courts.

Iang87 wrote: »

Hi goodlad

It's good to hear this is finally installed however I would like to apologise for all the inconvenience this has caused.

Al

Ah yeah sure its all installed now and working away. Although i just tried to use my landline and its dead i nthe water.
    I guess when he installed the fibre he killed it. 

Time to log a call and get him back out ........

Ah yeah sure its all installed now and working away. Although i just tried to use my landline and its dead i nthe water.
    I guess when he installed the fibre he killed it. 

Time to log a call and get him back out ........
    Hi goodlad

Have you called yet? I can send on your details to technical support to log this if you prefer?

Thanks
    Al

Hi goodlad

Have you called yet? I can send on your details to technical support to log this if you prefer?

Thanks
    Al

Yeah that would be great if you can.

Still haven't heard anything and still have a dead landline..... Have you logged this for me or did you forget?

Still haven't heard anything and still have a dead landline.....  Have you logged this for me or did you forget?
    Hi goodlad

Yes this has been logged to engineers - reference number 1479939

It was previously logged for investigation and it's now identified that and engineer will need to gain acces to the cabinet - this should be resolved for you within 48 hours.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭kurant

God! Same here . Wait for technician all day. Did not show up....

kurant wrote: »
    God! Same here . Wait for technician all day. Did not show up....
    Hi kurant

I'm very sorry to hear this & apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, please contact eircom accounts on free phone 1901 to report this so they can arrange another suitable date.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement