Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installer didn't show up......

Options
  • 09-06-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I had a scheduled install for today between 1pm - 5pm. I got the text and a letter to confirm so I booked a day off work for it.

Nobody has shown up. No texts or calls to tell me what's happening.

I just called customer care and the only help they were was to give me the number for the company who do the installs and call them myself to chase them.....?!!

Account number is <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Update.

I called today and someone helpful answered the phone. Can't remember er her name.

For whatever reason my install wasn't scheduled even though I was informed it has been. A small credit added to the account which still doesn't compensate me to the value of a days leave I took to be available and no doubt will need another day off for the next install date.

I appreciate the effort of 2 months line rental but it's not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

goodlad wrote: »
    Update.

I called today and someone helpful answered the phone. Can't remember er her name.  

For whatever reason my install wasn't scheduled even though I was informed it has been. A small credit added to the account which still doesn't compensate me to the value of a days leave I took to be available and no doubt will need another day off for the next install date.

I appreciate the effort of 2 months line rental but it's not good enough.
    Hi goodlad

I'm sorry to hear of this and apologise for the inconvenience caused. I see from the notes on your account that this has been referred to appointments and you will be contacted as soon as the appontment has been scheduled.

Al

Hi goodlad

I'm sorry to hear of this and apologise for the inconvenience caused. I see from the notes on your account that this has been referred to appointments and you will be contacted as soon as the appontment has been scheduled.

Al

Can you look into getting this done asap? I ask as my service from my current provider is about to stop, rather than me just being impatient.

I rely on having a Internet connection to work from home a lot and cannot be without service.

Hi goodlad

Al

Can you look into getting this done asap?  I ask as my service from my current provider is about to stop, rather than me just being impatient.

I rely on having a Internet connection to work from home a lot and cannot be without service.

Hi goodlad

I'll definitely mark the importance of this for you and request urgency but unfortunately I will not be able to offer a guarantee that this will be resolved before your existing service with the other provider closes - I wish I could offer you better news but I'll do my best for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smok3alot

Hey Guys,

I had a scheduled install for today between 1pm - 5pm.  I got the text and a letter to confirm so I booked a day off work for it.

I just called customer care and the only help they were was to give me the number for the company who do the installs and call them myself to chase them.....?!!  

Account number is <snip>
    just had the very same thing happen to use.....got emails...3 phone txts...2 voice calls and a letter.... and nobody turned up..and not even a call to us to say we cant make it out..... what sort of joke is this....

very bad service... i wont be taking the contract with use after this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Very same thing happened to me too. 

Smok3alot wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I had a scheduled install for today between 1pm - 5pm.  I got the text and a letter to confirm so I booked a day off work for it.

Account number is <snip>
    just had the very same thing happen to use.....got emails...3 phone txts...2 voice calls and a letter.... and nobody turned up..and not even a call to us to say we cant make it out..... what sort of joke is this....

very bad service... i wont be taking the contract with use after this...
    Hi Smok3alot

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this, to arrange another appointment or cancel the order please contact accounts on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

Hi goodlad

I'll definitely mark the importance of this for you and request urgency but unfortunately I will not be able to offer a guarantee that this will be resolved before your existing service with the other provider closes - I wish I could offer you better news but I'll do my best for you.

Thanks
    Al

This is beyond a joke. I have still not had any contact from Eircom with my new install date. If i schedule it online myself as a new customer I have a date instantly, although we all know that's not saying they will a really show up.

What's the delay on this?

So I just got a call from an installer and he is outside my house..... No notice that he was even coming out! 2 small kids there with chicken pox at the moment and a sick girlfriend which is exactly why I needed notification to be home for this... Its unbelievable!! For a communication company you have absolutely awful communication.

So I just got a call from an installer and he is outside my house..... No notice that he was even coming out! 2 small kids there with chicken pox at the moment and a sick girlfriend which is exactly why I needed notification to be home for this... Its unbelievable!! For a communication company you have absolutely awful communication.

• Advertisement

So I just got a call from an installer and he is outside my house.....   No notice that he was even coming out! 2 small kids there with chicken pox at the moment and a sick girlfriend which is exactly why I needed notification to be home for this...  Its unbelievable!! For a communication company you have absolutely awful communication.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi goodlad

You did request that this be done asap and I did mark the importance of this for you. I understand that notice in circumstance like yours would be best and apologise for the inconvenience however If you need to request an alternative appointment please contact the efibre team on either free phone 1901 or free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi goodlad

You did request that this be done asap and I did mark the importance of this for you. I understand that notice in circumstance like yours would be best and apologise for the inconvenience however If you need to request an alternative appointment please contact the efibre team on either free phone 1901 or free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

So the tech pulled my broadband and switched to me fibre.... Then asks where my fibre modern is as he doesn't have one for me........ Off he went to disconnect the fibre and reconnect my broadband and has to organise coming back once I have a modem..... So when is anything going to be done correctly with this?

Hi goodlad

Thanks
    Al

So the tech pulled my broadband and switched to me fibre....  Then asks where my fibre modern is as he doesn't have one for me........  Off he went to disconnect the fibre and reconnect my broadband and has to organise coming back once I have a modem.....  So when is anything going to be done correctly with this?
    Hi goodlad

You will need to contact the efibre team (1800503303 or 1901) about this. The technicians should have the modem, I'm unaware of why this happened but this will require a call to the efibre team.

Thanks
    Al

So the installer will be back out tomorrow but still won't have a modem with him. The modem will be out via GLS courier.

I can just see the installer showing up before the courier.

So the modem was delivered earlier today but once again I have been available all day and no installer has shown up!! That's now 2 days annual leave I have used for absolutely no reason!

So I called today and I was told it will take up to 10 days to get another appointment. Then I spoke to someone in tech support who checked the installers notes and confirmed he should of been out yesterday. I asked him to call the installer and ask is he coming out today. He then told me it's illegal for him to call the installer!!!!! What a load....... So im sitting waiting on an install with no idea what's happening.

I called the previous installer just now since I had his mobile number from the day he called me. He told me he hadn't any notes or schedule to be out at my house yesterday like I was told... This is just lies after more lies... Why is it so difficult to give you guys money for a service?

Another update.....

I'm told I can have install scheduled for this day next week!!!!!
    They chap on the phone also claims it's impossible to get an installer out to me before then. So then how did you guys here get someone out?

The frustration of this is incredible... My current supply is disconnection me at midnight tonight which is also causing me to not work from home this weekend and lose money....

How hard is it to get an installer out to me?! They work weekends... Call a guy and have him come out...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Any update on this?

Disgraceful carry on altogether.

Any update on this?

Disgraceful carry on altogether.
    No update at all man.  Not once have I had a call from them through any of this.  I have had to chase them every step of the way. 

• Advertisement

Still not a peep out of Eircom......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Still nothing?

Loving the customer care here Eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

What an absolute farce of a company....glad I bailed from them when I did

Hi goodlad

Very sorry to hear this, The account number has been removed from your post so If you could PM me the account number I'll request clarification from the efibre team on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

Hi goodlad

Very sorry to hear this, The account number has been removed from your post so If you could PM me the account number I'll request clarification from the efibre team on this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Sent

Hi goodlad

Thanks
    Al
    Sent

Hi goodlad

I have had this escalated to management who have arranged an appointment for the 20th of June (AM appointment between 8.30 & 1pm). I fully understand the level of disappointment felt with this experience so far however I have been assured an appointment for full installation is set for the 20th.

Thanks
    Al

Ah sure its only 2 days wasted annual leave and 10 working days after my original install date.....
    I cannot get more late notice time off work but my Partner will be home on the day apart from 8:45 - 9:15 and 11:45 - 12:15 when is doing the school run and collection.

I can PM you over her number to use as a contact for the installer.

Ah sure its only 2 days wasted annual leave and 10 working days after my original install date.....
    I cannot get more late notice time off work but my Partner will be home on the day apart from 8:45 - 9:15 and 11:45 - 12:15 when is doing the school run and collection.

I can PM you over her number to use as a contact for the installer.

Hi goodlad

I understand and apologise for the inconvenience this has created however I have done my best in trying to have this resolved asap. It's not possible to ensure that the technician will not be out between either of the times you have mentioned - if this does not suit then the appointment must be cancelled and re-arranged.

Al

If possible anything after 12:30 on the same day would be fine as there will be someone home all day. 

• Advertisement

If possible anything after 12:30 on the same day would be fine as there will be someone home all day.
    Hi goodlad

This is not possible - the appointment will need to be pushed back a few days if the alloted time period does not suit, a schedule of works is already planned for this day.

Al

Advertisement