Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russian Circles, ASIWYFA, Tera Malos,

Options
  • 09-06-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Pretty good line up in the Button Factory on August 27.

Russian Circles
    ASIWYFA
    Tera Malos
    Emma Ruth Rundle
    Mylets
    No Spill Blood

Tickets are €26 from www.tickets.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

i bought those limited edition tickets for this from the sargent house site, no sign of it in the post yet, should i be concerned yet???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Who's the promoter for this, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

quaidox wrote: »
    i bought those limited edition tickets for this from the sargent house site, no sign of it in the post yet, should i be concerned yet???

I wouldn't be..it's not until August. I bought tickets for another gig that's in October, a good while ago, and they haven't arrived yet. If it's the week before and they still haven't arrived - then panic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

You could contact the promoter/record company here:

https://twitter.com/SargentHouseEU

or here:

https://www.facebook.com/SargentHouseEurope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Passenger wrote: »
    Who's the promoter for this, OP?

It is being promoted by the record label of the bands playing Sargent house.
    Doors open at 7pm and first band is due on at 7:15pm. Order of bands to be decided on night of gig.
    The early bird people are being put on guest list so dont think they will get tickets sent out.

• Advertisement

indiewindy wrote: »
    It is being promoted by the record label of the bands playing Sargent house.
    Doors open at 7pm and first band is due on at 7:15pm. Order of bands to be decided on night of gig.
    The early bird people are being put on guest list so dont think they will get tickets sent out.
    really? where did you read this?? about the guest list i mean.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

quaidox wrote: »
    really? where did you read this?? about the guest list i mean.....

It is on the website where you got your early bird ticket
    Sargent House Label Show Bundle (Early Bird)

Your name will also be added to our guestlist for entry to our Sargent House Label show in Button Factory on 27th August 2014 (One person entry, Age: 18+)

http://sargenthouseeurope.myshopify.com/products/sargent-house-digital-compilation-w-early-bird-guest-list-to-dublin-label-show

yeah seen that alright, but it would be nice to have a ticket sent out in the post too, less chance of being turned away at the door due to some internet mixup!

If you bring the email you received after you ordered the ticket(s), you should be fine.

yep, cheers, will defo be doing that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Just went to get my ticket this morning and see the early bird bundle sold out.... Gutted I missed out on all those goodies and not sure if I can afford to stretch to 26 right now.

That'll teach me to be broke all the time... :(

In other news ASIWYFA were in absolutely flying form at Light Colour Sound. They took forever to set up/sound check bless 'em but amazing set and great craic until I nearly trampled some girl because she insisted on crouching down for ages while her friend decided weather or not to go up on her shoulders...:rolleyes:

€26 is still great value for money with this lineup. We should hear new material from ASIWYFA and I reckon Emma Ruth Rundle's debut solo album is one of the albums of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

JJ wrote: »
    €26 is still great value for money with this lineup. We should hear new material from ASIWYFA and I reckon Emma Ruth Rundle's debut solo album is one of the albums of the year.

Oh it's great value absolutely, I'm just kicking myself I may not have the money at the moment - hopefully it won't sell out before I have a bit more. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 retinalcircus

What a gig! Shame about the amount that left before ASIWYFA came on. They played a blinder but it was all about Russian Circles. Mindblowing stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

hadn't even heard about this gig >.< such a shame, would have loved to have been there!

Yeah a lot of people are saying that. Sargent house suck at promoting gigs for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

What a gig! Shame about the amount that left before ASIWYFA came on. They played a blinder but it was all about Russian Circles. Mindblowing stuff!

Out of curiosity, what time did it end and how long did each band play.

Was ASIWYFA the last band to play? I'm guessing it was well after 11pm by the time they came on. If people had left around that time, it may have been to get last buses?

Out of curiosity, what time did it end and how long did each band play.

Was ASIWYFA the last band to play? I'm guessing it was well after 11pm by the time they came on. If people had left around that time, it may have been to get last buses?

To be honest I'm not sure of set lengths at all. I wasn't paying attention to the time in any way because the order wasn't announced till after doors (the mystery added to it all).

I felt that RC's set was longer than ASIWYFA'S (But this could have been because I was so wrapped up in it). The whole thing finished at one. I'd say about a quarter of the crowd left after RC. Having seen ASIWYFA countless times, I really would have rathered if RC were the last act on. Its a lot more of a novelty for them to play here than it is for ASIWYFA.

Teros Melos were fantastic too. I felt bad for Mylets, he had some massive technical issues during the show (similar to what happened during his first gig in the mercantile a few months ago) but put on a good show nonetheless. All in all though, I can't complain. Gig of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

To be honest I'm not sure of set lengths at all. I wasn't paying attention to the time in any way because the order wasn't announced till after doors (the mystery added to it all).

I felt that RC's set was longer than ASIWYFA'S (But this could have been because I was so wrapped up in it). The whole thing finished at one. I'd say about a quarter of the crowd left after RC. Having seen ASIWYFA countless times, I really would have rathered if RC were the last act on. Its a lot more of a novelty for them to play here than it is for ASIWYFA. Teros Melos were fantastic too. I felt bad for Mylets, he had some massive technical issues during the show (similar to what happened during his first gig in the mercantile a few months ago) but put on a good show nonetheless. All in all though I can't complain. Gig of the year.

Not knowing the running order would leave me in a state of befuddlement!! I always like to know that detail before I go to a gig. :D

I can see your point, but if Russian Circles had been the last band on, it would have been frustrating for anyone who had hoped to get their last buses and trains, if they'd gone to the gig mainly for them, only to find out upon arrival that they would be playing that late.

I think most of the last Dublin buses and Dart services leave around 11.30 on weekday nights.

I can see your point, but if Russian Circles had been the last band on, it would have been frustrating for anyone who had hoped to get their last buses and trains, if they'd gone to the gig mainly for them, only to find out upon arrival that they would be playing that late.

I think most of the last Dublin buses and Dart services leave around 11.30 on weekday nights.

Ah yes. Good point. I didn't really consider this, because I had decided I was staying out irresponsibly late on a school night!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Had to leave just as Russian Circles were finishing to get back to the carpark before it closed. Sickened I missed ASIWYFA, I've seen them a load of times so I'm glad Russian Circles were on before them. Russian Circles were amazing tho, been wanting to see them for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

ASIWYFA came on stage just after midnite and did around 45 mins.

Fantastic night to see a bunch of bands id never seen. Have seen ASIWYFA a load of times as they are awesome and was hard to stay being a skool nite but definitely worth it. Dont think ive heard that place as loud and as packed.

Looking forward to the compilation cd coming thru to check out the bands.

How long was Russian circles?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I'd say Russian Circles did about 6 or so songs so 45mins to an hour maybe. Its kind of hard to say exactly. What's the story with the compilation cd do we get emailed a download code?

I asked at the door we'll get a code emailed out to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭callmepetardu

The line up was the exact same as it was written on the poster, really thought more people would realize that. :P

Serious gig though, loved Tera Melos! I assume that ASIWYFA played a shorter set due to their bassist not being there (his wife was having a baby!), and being replaced by Rory's brother, Ewen.

Think sets for the first four acts were 30 minutes, Tera Melos were about 45 and Russian Circles were nearly an hour. Think ASIWYFA were on for around 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

I asked at the door we'll get a code emailed out to us.

I just got tickets through tickets.ie so I dunno if we'll get this?

We just arrived at the end of the Mylets set and were very impressed.

Its a challenge to get the stage times right but I thought it was great value for what we got.

steve_r wrote: »
    I just got tickets through tickets.ie so I dunno if we'll get this?.

This was only available with the early bird guest list.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Had to leave before ASIWYFA, but was mainly going for Russian circles anyway, who kicked ass :)

Really liked Emma Ruth Rundle as well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

I was planning on sticking around for all of the bands but ASIWYFA were on too late for me on a school night and I did see them at Forbidden Fruit this year. Mylets was good despite the technical problems. I was most looking forward to Emma Ruth Rundle as her solo debut is my album of the year. She seemed a little ticked off at the end of her last song and some people were chatting away through her set but it was great to finally see her live.

Tera Melos were bouncing all over the place and I don't think I've ever seen so many pedals for one guitarist. Frozen Zoo was the highlight of their set for me. Russian Circles were heavier than heavy and I was glad I brought ear plugs for them. It's a great feeling to have the music shaking your insides while your ears are mostly protected. Actually, my ears were still ringing the morning after despite the ear plugs.

Advertisement