Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curries/PC World - Bosch Offer Not Honoured

Options
  • 09-06-2014 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Hope this is appropriate, long story short, we bought a new washing machine from Curries back in February, reason we picked the model was because there was a promotion for a free steam iron with that model.

We filled in the form online and sent it off with copy of proof of purchase. A lot of tooing and froing asking for updates to our claim and they have still not sent the item, even though we were told and received confirmation emails saying that it would be delivered.

They've now told us to ring Curries and we feel we're getting the run around and Curries are telling us to ring Bosch. We're getting no where and pretty annoyed that their not honouring the claim.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.

O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Is this a Currys offer or a Bosch offer?

If it's Bosch, then I'd assume it's Bosch you have to deal with. If it's Currys, then deal with Currys.

It could also be a third party like the Irish/UK distributor for Bosch.

Presumably the details of who has responsibility for honoring the offer should be on your paperwork, or on one of the confirmation emails you've received.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Thanks for the reply. The promotion itself is from Bosch but their customer care center is in the UK. Each time we ring, we are promised a call back which we never get. The last time we called, we were told to call Curry's. There doesn't seem to be an Irish call center, even when you ring the Irish number, you get the UK call center.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I doubt that they'd have the volume for an Irish call centre, probably a centralised European call centre.

Either way, it's Bosch who are the promoters, so Curry's have nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

I applied for a cash back offer with my new Bosch washing machine and it was so easy and simple to apply. I got my cheque in the post a few weeks later. Maybe it's something to do with the logistics of sending you an iron. Probably cost a fortune to courier it. Stupid question but does it say that the offer is open to roi residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Reading between the lines, you purchased an item from Curry's therefore your contract is with Curry's.

It is my understanding that Curry's should be looking after their customer.

Out of interest, on the receipt from Curry's, is there any mention of the iron? I'm just thinking along the lines of warranty and who is responsible for any repairs/replacement.

• Advertisement

Offer definitely open to ROI customers, when filling out the online form for the claim on the Bosch website, it asked me where I was resident for the offer, we also triple checked with the Curry's sales person and they confirmed 100% as they had the banner and sales material for the offer.

We also got the confirmation from Bosch that the iron was to be sent but we have yet to receive it after the stated 30 days and that is what prompted us to call them again, when we did they told us to contact Currys which was strange so all in all, it seems like we're just falling through the cracks with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭nitros7

Try emailing them here
    Had to do the same for my parents re a €50 cashback offer a few months back.
    Trust me you will need patience!!!!
    boschpromotions@360incentives.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Did you try ringing Origo, they are the distributors for Bosch in Ireland. They're in Citywest. Phone number is: 353 (0)1 4666 700
    They mightn't be able to tell you where your iron is, but they might be able to help in someway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Reading between the lines, you purchased an item from Curry's therefore your contract is with Curry's.

It is my understanding that Curry's should be looking after their customer.

Out of interest, on the receipt from Curry's, is there any mention of the iron? I'm just thinking along the lines of warranty and who is responsible for any repairs/replacement.

Curry's contract with the OP is for the supply of a washing machine. If there's a promo advertised in the press accompanied by a voucher inside the machine offering a free steam iron then that is not part of the contract the OP has with Curry's so it really has nothing to do with them.

However, if Curry's advertised the free steam iron offer in-store then they would have a legal responsibility to see that the offer was fulfilled since it would then have been an implied part of the purchase i.e. it was part of the deal on offer.

Thanks for the replies. So this has been going on a long while and still no resolution.

Had to pop into Currys on Sunday to escalate again but as usual, the call back on Monday never came. In fairness the staff were friendly and the manager was quite helpful and gave us his mobile number, I subsequently called him yesterday and he told me that Bosch are aware of this now and I should be expecting a call in two days.

We are still no closer to the end as we have heard all of this before. We just keep going around in circles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement