Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines Beers?

Options
  • 09-06-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Been a while - anyone up for beers?
    Was in the Blackbird (formerly the Rathmines Inn, the Cole Porter et al) and was very impressed, so anyone fancy it?

And just to mix it up - how about a Thursday night - the 26th June, or the 3rd July?

Comments

I would love to. I'll see if I can manage, just for an hour, since the good old days, I've absconded to the northside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I would love to. I'll see if I can manage, just for an hour, since the good old days, I've absconded to the northside!

I'm also in! I can't believe it's been a couple of years since the last one :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭NordieSteve

Galadriel wrote: »
    I'm also in! I can't believe it's been a couple of years since the last one :eek:

I know, it was actually exactly two years ago. I'd just broken up with the ex and had a hangover to rival all hangovers, it's the only way I remember that!

I wonder if we can find Zaharof? Unfortunately I don't remember the other girl's username, NaNa, the African girl? We were pretty good attendees. It's one of the things I miss most about living in Dublin 6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Could be tempted, depending on date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

maguic24 wrote: »
    Could be tempted, depending on date.

the dates are flexible at the minute - come along, it'll be great - i guarantee it*

*not actually a real, legally binding guarantee

the dates are flexible at the minute - come along, it'll be great - i guarantee it*

*not actually a real, legally binding guarantee

Y'all better be cool as cucumbers. If I'm not badmintoning, I'll come down. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 joecooke

Blackbird is a dump, just out of the gym and went in last night a 9.30pm ordered a pint only to be told by manager that I was drunk, so did somebody spike my engery drink in the gym ha ha, all I say is Idiot

TBH, I don't really care about the venue. I just want to me up and have the bants.

This isn't tripadvisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

joecooke wrote: »
    Blackbird is a dump, just out of the gym and went in last night a 9.30pm ordered a pint only to be told by manager that I was drunk, so did somebody spike my engery drink in the gym ha ha, all I say is Idiot
    In it's final days as the Rathmines Inn, I ordered a Pint Of Guinness.
    The barman starts to pour it. Leaves it. Fair enough. Over seven minutes later I go over to barman, who has apparently forgotten it. I remind him. I am not acting an A - hole, or anything. Barman gives me stinker of look. He finishes up the pint for me. That was my last time.

• Advertisement

Noticed that nobody mentioned COPAN.
    Well, here's my verdict.
    A grand spot, provided there is no other party or function
    If there is, and you walk in off the street as Joe Soap or whatever and are not part of the event, you are going to be ignored. End Of.
    There seems to be a party there enough times for me to have stopped going,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

What's the game plan? Is this going ahead?

Yep - i think so.

3rd July, at the Blackbird, about 8pm

If venue is blackbird I'll give it a miss and count me out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

I'll be there! :D

It will be my 5th trip to Blackbird since it opened, you can't compare it to the place before it as it is completely different and new owners etc.

gugleguy wrote: »
    If venue is blackbird I'll give it a miss and count me out.:)

Ah don't be such a spoilsport gugleguy. I have huge boobs, you should cum. ;)

Ah don't be such a spoilsport gugleguy. I have huge boobs, you should cum. ;)
    Here's the deal: put a photo pin up of you suitably dressed in your favorite kinky outfit in a link so thatall boardsies can see it on this thread.
    A moderator did this in one of my threads. I'm not messing.:cool:
    Then I'll show up @ blackbirds.:D

Here's the deal: put a photo pin up of you suitably dressed in your favorite kinky outfit in a link so thatall boardsies can see it on this thread.
    A moderator did this in one of my threads. I'm not messing.:cool:
    Then I'll show up @ blackbirds.:D

I'm not doing that. :P :pac: Unlike the other poster in AHers, I'll give you a flash of my bra and all. ;)

Thought so. Have fun Christy. blackbird is more your scene than mine. Bye now.

Thought so. Have fun Christy. Bye now.

:( Oh, the rejection. :( How could you? *sniffles*

• Advertisement

Don't cry Christy - we will have beer, that'll help get you over the rejection.....

See yas there, if only for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Walked past Blackbird the other day and thought it looked nice...what's it like?

Cianos wrote: »
    Walked past Blackbird the other day and thought it looked nice...what's it like?

Pretty cool, it's nice and relaxed with a good atmosphere, and, importantly it has a pile of good beers.

Right - i'm heading down shortly - i'm the one with the red hair, shorts, and the professionally produced "Boards" sign.

This is the best beer ever! You're all missing out.

so, we got thrown out of The Blackbird for rowdyness (i'm looking at you Budgese)
    and partial nudity ......... thanks for that Galadriel........ so now we're heading to my gaff.
    Anyone looking to party pm
    me and i'll give you the address as long as you are bringing the booze foe all of us.

Advertisement