Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for relations in Castlebar area

Options
  • 09-06-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi im looking for any Philbins who might be in the Castlebar area.The reason im searching for them is that im trying to find where my father may be. His name is Michael Philbin and he moved to North London more than 21 years ago. He and my mother split up and me and my mother moved to Ireland in 1998. I was actually born in London and I'm 21 yrs old. I know that my father is also related to the Stauntons or Staughtons (I dont really know how to spell it so it could be either or) and that his mother's name was Helen and past away when I was only a baby (after 1993).
    I don't know much about that side of my family even though we share the same second name. I lost contact with Michael some years ago. About 2 years ago I went to the house where he was living and he was no longer living there. Is he still living in London? Did he move back?
    I know this is very little information but its all I know.
    If any of this sounds familiar to anyone could you please message me. It would be a massive help thank you!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

See if he's on the register of electors. fill in as much info as you can. Hope it helps in some way
    http://www.mayococo.ie/ereg.mayococo.ie/PublicPages/ereg.aspx?CID=7

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Theirs Philibins living in Ballinrobe, that's all I know sadly, good luck with your search!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

There is a family history centre in Ballinrobe - I forget the precise title.

there are a number of Philbins families in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

nuac wrote: »
    There is a family history centre in Ballinrobe - I forget the precise title.

there are a number of Philbins families in Mayo.
    That's South Mayo Family Research Centre on Main Street.

http://www.mayoroots.com/

Not sure if it's much good in this instance though.

OP good luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Anzac_11

Hi philbin123, I have a friend on Facebook that lives in Castlebar. Her surname is Philbin, so I was hoping she could help. I've copied and pasted your request to her via pm. Not sure if anything will come of this, but I'll update you once I hear back from her.
    Good luck with your search.

• Advertisement
Advertisement