Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.62*54r

Options
  • 09-06-2014 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭

Are there many shooting this in Ireland?
    I'm looking to get my hands on empty cases, I've been given the Superintendents blessing to get some provided they're inert. I've bought myself a deactivated Soviet Maxim and have empty belts to fill.
    I can get my hands on .303 cases but the 54r cases have so far eluded me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Anyone who shoots a Soviet-era Mosin-Nagant rifle or carbine will have loaded or fired 7.62x54R cases.

I suggest that you ask for help on the vcrai site. However, I'm also betting that you won't get any help from members there there without sight of an actual supportive letter from your super.

Here we throw them away by the pailfull - being lacquered steel they have very little scrap value.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

kowloon wrote: »
    Are there many shooting this in Ireland?
    I'm looking to get my hands on empty cases, I've been given the Superintendents blessing to get some provided they're inert. I've bought myself a deactivated Soviet Maxim and have empty belts to fill.
    I can get my hands on .303 cases but the 54r cases have so far eluded me.

I'll bet that looks well sitting in the middle of the sitting room :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Savage93 wrote: »
    I'll bet that looks well sitting in the middle of the sitting room :D:D:D:D:D

It's still at a gun dealer, but it'll be going into a secure room when my authorisation is updated, my Super and firearms officer are really helpful and I was told today it was on its way in the post.
    In the meantime I've been scraping packing grease off the mount, they slapped on thick, the years have only made it harder to get off. particularly where it has gotten onto the wooden spoked wheels. I also have to treat the crate for woodworm, despite it's condition I'd like to keep it as it's the original crate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Advertisement