Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

school battle ahead

Options
  • 09-06-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can give advice or has been in a similar situation. My daughter is due to go into secondary school next year. Myself and her father have been split up for the last ten years. We were never married but he does have guardianship. Heres my problem. I am now married with 2 kids plus my daughter in question and live in a lovely town and my daughter has lots of friends here. Her father is also married but he lives in Dublin and we are in Cork. There are 3 local secondary schools in my area and I have heard great reviews about them all. Recently my daughter has been saying that her father will not let her go to any of these schools and that she will be going to a school which is 13 miles from where I live. I know he will fight me to the last on this even if it means court as he is very headstrong and determined. This really isn't going to be easy as I also have 2 other school going kids that go to school locally. He will be making these demands but it will be me traveling 26 miles everyday for a school run while he just sits back and relaxes in Dublin. Has anybody got any experience with this kind of situation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You need legal advice, especially if you know he's willing to take it all the way to court. We cannot give legal advice here. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement