Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home alarm monitoring South East?

Options
  • 09-06-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi - can anyone recommend an alarm monitoring service provider in the south east? Have an alarm already but looking for it to be monitored and Phonewatch seems very expensive

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

What price do you think is reasonable?
    PhoneWatch cover maintenance & services, fire brigade bills even on false alarms and (temporarily) repair your home should there be a break in.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Eldrew wrote: »
    Hi - can anyone recommend an alarm monitoring service provider in the south east? Have an alarm already but looking for it to be monitored and Phonewatch seems very expensive

Cheers

Shop around . Any PSA licenced company can provide alarm monitoring.
    Most are cheaper than PW .
    The Fire brigade bill thing is a bit of very good marketing now really. As they are now using visual verification with cameras inside your home. The fire brigade is probably never going to be called unless your house is on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    Shop around . Any PSA licenced company can provide alarm monitoring.
    Most are cheaper than PW .
    The Fire brigade bill thing is a bit of very good marketing now really. As they are now using visual verification with cameras inside your home. The fire brigade is probably never going to be called unless your house is on fire.

Very good point KoolKid, interesting that they seem to now have their own staff posting here as well.
    <Snip>

Cheers

Have you quired this with your installer or are you another misfortunate with a Phonewatch system?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have proof their staff are posting here please report the post.
    Another point to make is location of the monitoring station is really not relevant. So Eldrew , you should really be just asking for a good installer that will set you up for monitoring at a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

kub wrote: »
    Very good point KoolKid, interesting that they seem to now have their own staff posting here as well.
    <Snip>
    I'm guessing you're referring to me.
    Kool Kid knows I'm not affiliated with PhoneWatch because of PMs sent back and forth a few months ago.

PeteK* wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're referring to me.
    Kool Kid knows I'm not affiliated with PhoneWatch because of PMs sent back and forth a few months ago.

Well that is fair enough and my apologies, it is just unusual to see them being praised here.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

Have you quired this with your installer or are you another misfortunate with a Phonewatch system?

Not a phonewatch subscriber - alarm was already in house when I bought it.

Not a phonewatch subscriber - alarm was already in house when I bought it.

Sorry to hear that, perhaps your best bet is to have a look on the PSA site for licensed installers in your own neck of the woods and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eldrew

Sorry to hear that, perhaps your best bet is to have a look on the PSA site for licensed installers in your own neck of the woods and ask them.

Why are you sorry to hear that??

• Advertisement

Why are you sorry to hear that??

Because you could not find a company that charges as much for their services and consider and portray themselves as been better than the rest of us in this industry.

Advertisement